ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Jalen Brooks?

The fact we are anxiously waiting on word for a Wingate transfer to be a potential starter says more about us than it does the NCAA.
Agreed, but Jalen has grown ALOT since high school....like 3-4 inches (+/-). He’s a rarity in that aspect. If Izzy and Horn are impressed, that speaks volumes, IMO.

I don’t get what takes so long. Seems like those who make these determinations should have a meeting once a week where they go over tranfers and their pending eligibility. Seems like it should take about 5 min of file review.

Sounds like somebody needs to take some time management courses.

Agreed, but Jalen has grown ALOT since high school....like 3-4 inches (+/-). He’s a rarity in that aspect. If Izzy and Horn are impressed, that speaks volumes, IMO.
That’s fine but it doesn’t change the fact that in year 5 of the Muschamp era we are looking at converted QBs and transfers to fill a position that is critical in any remotely successful offense.

NO NEWS from NC2A this is the way,
They didn't give us Muse till week two last year.

nothing shocks me from them, its supposed to be for the student athletes but I can't help but believe its something else.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s fine but it doesn’t change the fact that in year 5 of the Muschamp era we are looking at converted QBs and transfers to fill a position that is critical in any remotely successful offense.
Not trying to argue a point but just wanted to say that HS QB’s are typically the best athletes on their teams and go on to college to play other positions.
But, I agree that our WR recruiting has come up woefully short.

Reactions: Brace1
We should just ask for approval using USC maybe they will think it's S Cal and rubber stamp the approval that same day.

tenor.gif

Knowing our history with NCAA, should’ve secured an attorney weeks ago.
SC operates on the premise that you don't rattle the NCAA cage by hiring a slew of attorneys every time an issue arises. That way, if you do something wrong inadvertently they are not looking to punish you.

I don’t get what takes so long. Seems like those who make these determinations should have a meeting once a week where they go over tranfers and their pending eligibility. Seems like it should take about 5 min of file review.

Sounds like somebody needs to take some time management courses.

One word: Bureaucracy. When people’s paychecks depend on the existence of an organization that is totally unaccountable, this is the kind of service you get.

The fact we are anxiously waiting on word for a Wingate transfer to be a potential starter says more about us than it does the NCAA.
Maybe the NCAA thought a request from an SEC team to take a football transfer from Wingate College was a joke.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Not trying to argue a point but just wanted to say that HS QB’s are typically the best athletes on their teams and go on to college to play other positions.
But, I agree that our WR recruiting has come up woefully short.
I agree with this. It’s part of the reason I don’t get so excited about the dual threat QBs coming in because that is exactly the case with most of them. That said it’s not just the WR that has been lacking. With yesterday’s announcement we now have 5 QBs we recruited that were highly hyped that haven’t had consistent if any success. It seems to be a real pattern on that side of the ball.

Just play him and ask for forgiveness if anything is ever said. Cite the approvals of other players for other teams.

I saw that Tennessee transfer was granted eligibility today, so fairness dictates the same will happen for Brooks today.

If they haven’t heard anything at the start of the game I would play him and tell NCAA to stick it..

Reactions: 92Pony
However it is kinda sad when Carolina is looking at a player from Wingate of all places to help the team.

So if you transfer down a classification (most tend to for discipline, academic, lack of playing time) you are eligible immediately. A young man works hard grows, his coach moves on, he earns an opportunity to move up (thought that’s what America is built on), and we drag feet and turn it into a production & leave a young man in limbo regarding how he can contribute to his team and continue his path.

see Nick Muse eligible week 2. You give the NCAA a chance to collect a little positive equity particularly in a year they could use it.

Crickets ........ I should be used to it, but I expect more from “grown ups”. Silly me

#FREEJALEN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT