ADVERTISEMENT

Any ole miss commits we can pick off?

So if Jamison turns out much better ? Was Dowdle better than most 4 stars ? Yes

Texas that is where you lost this argument, you are not suppose to base your case on 3 vs 4 star but No star Juco Ronnie Jamison vs a 4 star Gregory.

For the Jamison vs Gregory argument, I have no counter, you win ! LOL

The JUCO is irrelevant. Different classes. Johnson and Rush are relevant.

The JUCO is irrelevant. Different classes. Johnson and Rush are relevant.

At one point I thought you were making a point about how in the world we could have higher players on our board then WR Gregory and we should be wary of Mushcamp's recruiting of offensive players.

We backed off of Gregory before he his final top 5 and he committed to Ole Miss, he is not take per most insiders.

We only have X number of scholarships, and will take X at WR and a spot just went to unranked Juco from Irmo, so it's Juco or no Juco, he still took a scholly and is considered a WR at this point, Jamison was obviously higher on our board then Gregory for a WR scholarship this weekend which seems somewhat relevant to the discussion.

My point to you was if you simply change your argument to how could we take a unranked Juco WR, with what 450 yards receiving in HS and 200 something last year at Juco vs a 4 star instate guy, assuming their are no red flags, I would actually agree with that and not counter post. I'm not a huge fan of Juco's WR's either given the young talent already accumulated.

Of course their is not a lot of film on Jamison but he can sure go up and high point the ball from the film available, and had a very good vertical measurement in camp.

I kind of hope he is really being brought in as athlete to be converted to secondary and given our safety coach is WM, that could end up being the case eventually.

Jamison would not seem to be a McClendon recruit and maybe more of a WM lead offer, a impulse offer like when WM offered WR Diondre Champaigne after watching him in the state championship game, so in a way he seems like the poster child for what i perceived was your point, thus the relevance.

Last edited:
If you watch both tapes of Gregory and Tyquan Johnson, and didn't know who was who, to me Tyquan Johnson is the 4 star and Gregory the 3 star on game tape.

On the tape is i saw, Gregory some makes some nice red zone plays, can catch in traffic, but overall his separation wasn't that impressive.

But he did have 122 yards in his sophomore season and improve to 661 yards receiving his junior year.

While Gregory's tape and stats are not over whelming i guess he went to rivals camp and did good? About 2 minutes is on youtube of that.

I dont think Johnson went to rivals camp, actually read Screven County does not churn out the major prospects, one article said a guy named cook in 2002 was the last one, sometimes if a school is not a hot bed and a regular stop for recruiters and doesn't send the player to camps and such they can get less offers.

From the tape and our staff, and the fact Bobby Bentley knows Byrnes so well, we have former Byrnes players, I'm fine with us backing off prior to April and trust it was for good reason and Johnson over Gregory, and will trust the staff, in particular Bryan McClendon's eye for talent, he has been following Johnson since he was at Georgia and Johnson was a freshman in HS.
I go to almost every Byrnes game and I agree with you... Gregory is a solid player, but he doesn't draw every eye in the stadium.

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT