ADVERTISEMENT

Any Pools owners here? Duke Energy sent me this

If you have a 1 HP pool pump, it uses close to 1000 watts or 1 KW per hour. So it really depends on how many hours your pump runs during the day. The variable speed pump probably torques down to a low wattage when moving the water and to a higher when first coming on.

yes, but I have a 1 speed pool pump. I wish I had purchased a variable speed when I had my pool installed 4 years ago. I’d check it out if I were you.

I run my pump all night, not during the day unless we are in the pool like yesterday.

yes, but I have a 1 speed pool pump. I wish I had purchased a variable speed when I had my pool installed 4 years ago. I’d check it out if I were you.

I run my pump all night, not during the day unless we are in the pool like yesterday.
I run 12 on and 12 off

I run a 1.5 HP pump motor 24 hours a day. Have for going on 38 years. That's in the way of information. I'm not advocating it, though many people do it. If I were to change that approach, it would probably involve a timer.

I run a 1 hp pump 12 on 12 off with a timer. Priced variable speed but wasn’t cost effective for me so I went with the single speed.

Reactions: king ward
Yep, I took advantage of this a couple years ago. It was a coincidence that my pump died at the same time they were offering this (or maybe they always offer this now? Anyway that's how/when I discovered the program). Ended up getting a Pentair variable speed. Run it fairly high during the day, fairly low in the evening, then way low in the late evening/early morning. Power bill did go down some but I can't really give you a figure, but the pump has been great. Easy to program, much quieter than my old single-speed pump etc.

Pool pumps???

images

3af1e5470fe3d7451ec1fb61b46b4cf0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

bf83fee6657bfaf1a74755562565f9fe.jpg

screen-shot-2015-04-01-at-6-24-46-pm.png

Now that’s one refreshing, rewarding offer to dive into..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT