ADVERTISEMENT

Any sunshine pumpers want to put a positive spin on this one?

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
I, for one, would love to hear what the silver lining on this dark cloud is.

Offense doesn’t play with a purpose. O play calling is a head scratcher. D is undersized. The most disappointing part is we have 2.5 more years of this. I wonder if Tanner is perceptive enough to recognize apathy?

Reactions: idohvac2 and Brace1
We held them to 26 points on 477 yards. That's not a bad stat... when you give up that many yards (which is not a good stat).

We helped another player achieve a new personal best. I think that was the A&M kicker's longest FG, no? We make somebody look all-world almost every week.

Here’s the difference... if an AD tried to trot out Will Muschamp as head coach of say LSU , Texas , UGA , or Auburn after what he did at Florida how would those fan bases react ??? Remember what went down at Tennessee ? They would lose their @&@&!!! Not here .

Here’s the difference... if an AD tried to trot out Will Muschamp as head coach of say LSU , Texas , UGA , or Auburn after what he did at Florida how would those fan bases react ??? Remember what went down at Tennessee ? They would lose their @&@&!!! Not here .
And look at how it's paying off for Tennessee after the way they acted. Maybe we should act like that.

Do you remember Ed Orgeron stint at Ole Miss.

They accepted Sgt. Carter.

I’m sick of Bentley. I’m sick of dropped passes. I’m sick fumbled balls. I’m sick of guys trying to strip the ball rather than just tackle the dude with the ball. And here’s the deal ... next year is gonna be worse than this year. It’s just no fun being a Gamecock fan these days. Not at all. Just plain sucks. Period.

Paying off? Tennessee just got their first SEC win in 2 years, not sure if they are going to rename the stadium after Pruitt.
This is his first year, they aren't waiting too year 3 saying "give him more time! He needs more time!". No, they're going out and beating ranked teams now. Pruitt will get more done at Tennessee than Muschamp will here, bet you a steak dinner.

Reactions: drawplay000
No silver lining in what happened today. Game was winnable but South Carolina was held scoreless in the first half.

I don't consider myself a sunshine pumper but I'll bite. We were down 16 points in the first half and came back to tie it up.All of us here had given up but the team didn't. Got down 10 points in the second half largely due to the defense being gassed from the 1st half and we drove the field and got 7 of it back. Just a few less mistakes and we could have won this one. IMO 90% of our problems stem from poor execution which I think is correctable. I think a lot of the parts are in place to have a pretty decent team. If the coaches could work on cleaning up the problems in execution we could still finish strong. But, I really think with the underclassmen we have on campus now and the incoming class we can be pretty good next year. Unfortunately, with next year's schedule it still might not equate to a good record. I know I'm in the minority but I think we're making progress in the right direction.
Funny: If I had typed this had halftime it would look a whole lot different, lol.

We threw for 4x the yards we did in the KY first half. Definitely progress.
That must have been the discussion before the game. If you don't throw for at least 4x the yards in the first half, YOU'RE BENCHED.

So, communication has improved... and that's something that has been a problem.

Reactions: viennacocks
I don't consider myself a sunshine pumper but I'll bite. We were down 16 points in the first half and came back to tie it up.All of us here had given up but the team didn't. Got down 10 points in the second half largely due to the defense being gassed from the 1st half and we drove the field and got 7 of it back. Just a few less mistakes and we could have won this one. IMO 90% of our problems stem from poor execution which I think is correctable. I think a lot of the parts are in place to have a pretty decent team. If the coaches could work on cleaning up the problems in execution we could still finish strong. But, I really think with the underclassmen we have on campus now and the incoming class we can be pretty good next year. Unfortunately, with next year's schedule it still might not equate to a good record. I know I'm in the minority but I think we're making progress in the right direction.
Funny: If I had typed this had halftime it would look a whole lot different, lol.
Given all the facts up to halftime, would you have trotted Bentley out there in the 2nd half? Would you have at least given Scar one series to see what he could do?

To me that's the real problem - the coaching staff seems inflexible.

Given all the facts up to halftime, would you have trotted Bentley out there in the 2nd half? Would you have at least given Scar one series to see what he could do?

To me that's the real problem - the coaching staff seems inflexible.

I would've either started Scar or had plans to give him playing time in the 1st qtr. After the high passes and the INT Scar would've been on the field for sure.

I would've either started Scar or had plans to give him playing time in the 1st qtr. After the high passes and the INT Scar would've been on the field for sure.
Earlier in the week I asked how short the leash on Bentley would be. Apparently it was unlimited.

I would have started Scar and let him stink it up first. Then let Bentley be the hero... which he sort of seems good at doing in the 2nd half.

Reactions: gamecockfury
Earlier in the week I asked how short the leash on Bentley would be. Apparently it was unlimited.
L
I would have started Scar and let him stink it up first. Then let Bentley be the hero... which he sort of seems good at doing in the 2nd half.
Read my reply. I told you Bentley runs w/o a leash

Offense doesn’t play with a purpose. O play calling is a head scratcher. D is undersized. The most disappointing part is we have 2.5 more years of this. I wonder if Tanner is perceptive enough to recognize apathy?
in himslf?

We have 2 minority coordinators so we got that going for us. (Sunshine!)
That was OH SO FKIN IMPORTANT earlier this year......so just over look the actual performance.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT