ADVERTISEMENT

Any sunshine pumpers want to put a positive spin on this one?

Do you remember Ed Orgeron stint at Ole Miss.
Cajun Orgeron is a unique example. For one, wasn't there a perception that he "earned" the HC job after successfully leading LSU as interim after they fired Les Miles?

But I would say the verdict is still out on Orgeron. LSU fired a guy who averaged over 10 wins a season over his stint at LSU, including a national championship, and replaced him with Orgeron. Despite some success this year, it's a stretch to expect Orgeron to top Miles' record.

Muschamp is not on the hot seat for sure but what he has done is burned all his goodwill from last year with many fans.
His stupidity and prickly "me against the world" sht does not work when you get your stupid head kicked in constantly.
My guess is he's too stupid to know that tho.

I don't. Post history and when they started posting give it away.
Vast majority of posters have more than 5 years experience. Lot of negative-tendency posters, maybe a troll or two, but not "a bunch." Your lawyer's education wouldn't allow you to make that assertion with any sort of certainty.

Reactions: ddw1263
Here's a plus - we know now that Muschamp is not going to pull Bentley - so now we don't need to speculate further.

To the poster who described this team as a flat embarrassment, I concur. I resent the buildup that the coaches provided before the season. Why, JB was all-SEC, the receivers were some of the best that the conference could offer, our OL was the best one in years, yada yada......truth is, every outing we have nailbiters and NO ENJOYMENT

Vast majority of posters have more than 5 years experience. Lot of negative-tendency posters, maybe a troll or two, but not "a bunch." Your lawyer's education wouldn't allow you to make that assertion with any sort of certainty.
I believe there are 5/6 that are pretty consistently posting now.

Reactions: HI Cock
Here’s the difference... if an AD tried to trot out Will Muschamp as head coach of say LSU , Texas , UGA , or Auburn after what he did at Florida how would those fan bases react ??? Remember what went down at Tennessee ? They would lose their @&@&!!! Not here .
what was our option? how many had already turned down SC? the retirement home of every coach that has came here...fans turn on the best of them, no patience...sure go ahead...fire another one...or be patient and encourage...have the teams back..have the coaches back...or keep getting the same ole crap by doing the same old crap...we ain't LSU, we ain't Texas, Georgia, Auburn and no we are not Clemson...be patient...or pull for bama...

Reactions: rogue cock
what was our option? how many had already turned down SC? the retirement home of every coach that has came here...fans turn on the best of them, no patience...sure go ahead...fire another one...or be patient and encourage...have the teams back..have the coaches back...or keep getting the same ole crap by doing the same old crap...we ain't LSU, we ain't Texas, Georgia, Auburn and no we are not Clemson...be patient...or pull for bama...
I can’t speak for you, but this isn’t 20 years ago. It’s a lot more expensive now. Coaches are paid millions. Scholarships, seat licenses and tix cost a lot more. I’m not interested in spending a huge amount of time, energy and money on mediocrity or losing every year. My allegiance is to the school. Not a bumpkin AD or his loser HC.

I don't mind being patient but don't mistake my patience for being someone you can fool because you keep being incompetent. For my patience you have to show improvement.

Reactions: 4ever2thee
Thank you all for participating. And especially to the few who did show me that even in a miserable loss, there are some positives. I liked the one about getting back to back 2 point conversions. That was awesome. Too bad it means nothing at the end of the day. I suppose I feel the same way about the other positive take always as well. At the end of the day, it’s still means...nothing.

Yeah, held them under 45 minutes TOP
The A&M offense is pretty good at the run. We held them to 105 yds rushing. I just don't know how many times the defense was supposed to give the ball back to an offense that doesn't know what to do with it. A&M held the ball almost the entire 4th quarter because we can't sustain drives.

I, for one, would love to hear what the silver lining on this dark cloud is.
I will never be a Clemson Fan! Yes, they have a huge fan base of people that never once stepped into a classroom at Clemson due to low SAT scores, lack of financial opportunities, or any other number of reasons. But they proudly put on that Purple and Orange and sing "Hold that Tiger" with the other 75K plus fans every game. And to think that although I did graduate from South Carolina, I too could join the 75K plus fans that yell because Clemson wins most of their games. Hell, it's damn easy to be an Alabama fan, Ohio State fan, Clemson fan, etc. when your only connection to the school is wearing that team's colors and actually believing your life is somehow better because you follow one of those programs. I am a Gamecock fan by choice since 1967 and an alum since 1980. And win or lose, I will never pull for Clemson. That is my silver lining.

Reactions: lostcock
Here’s the difference... if an AD tried to trot out Will Muschamp as head coach of say LSU , Texas , UGA , or Auburn after what he did at Florida how would those fan bases react ??? Remember what went down at Tennessee ? They would lose their @&@&!!! Not here .
LSU fans werent exactly overjoyed at their most recent hire and the calls for Alleva's head were much louder than any for RT. Pruitt at UT didnt give Tenner fans a warm fuzzy either. Calling for a coach to be fired in the middle of year 3 (absent a complete collapse) probably does more harm than good.

Reactions: rogue cock

Tanner had a two month head start on every other program looking for a coach . He botched it , plain and simple . When I heard the rumors that Muschamp was in the mix I seriously thought it was a joke . Bottom line is Tanner drug his feet and we had to take the best of the worst . Even after the loss to Citadel this was still an SEC Job , with a Rabid Fanbase, excellent facilities , and two years removed from a top 5 finish . He just couldn’t close the deal . Muschamp didn’t have a single division 1 team slightly interested in him with and we hired him . I gave him a chance but I knew from day one that this hire would guarantee us being a .500 football team for the next 5 years , which unfortunately most of the fanbase will tolerate because like you said , we are not Bama, OSU, Clemson , etc etc and never will be .

Reactions: lostcock
Tanner had a two month head start on every other program looking for a coach . He botched it , plain and simple . When I heard the rumors that Muschamp was in the mix I seriously thought it was a joke . Bottom line is Tanner drug his feet and we had to take the best of the worst . Even after the loss to Citadel this was still an SEC Job , with a Rabid Fanbase, excellent facilities , and two years removed from a top 5 finish . He just couldn’t close the deal . Muschamp didn’t have a single division 1 team slightly interested in him with and we hired him . I gave him a chance but I knew from day one that this hire would guarantee us being a .500 football team for the next 5 years , which unfortunately most of the fanbase will tolerate because like you said , we are not Bama, OSU, Clemson , etc etc and never will be .

I honestly think some coaches said no thanks because I’m not going to be silenced on the sidelines, while the AD and the BOT run my program. Who knows? One day I might have to fire a sorry a$$ coordinator mid-season.

I honestly think some coaches said no thanks because I’m not going to be silenced on the sidelines, while the AD and the BOT run my program. Who knows? One day I might have to fire a sorry a$$ coordinator mid-season.
Coaches said "no thanks" because they saw better opportunities elsewhere, period. Herman became a "no" once the probability of the Texas job came open. Smart became a "no" once his alma mater fired their coach to get him. Fuente was always a "no" because he had already made it known that he didn't want to coach in the SEC. Riley was a "no" the moment Stoops let him know he was going to retire in a year. Frost was a "no" when the probability of his alma mater hiring him arose. We were coming off a 3-9 season, with a loss to the Citadel, with a small recruiting ground that was being dominated by a NC school in this state and with very little recruiting ties remaining in our neighboring states. That was what coaches were looking at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT