ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts about the Murdaugh case?

So many theories and speculation going around. Very strange situation and I’m interested to hear their facts when they come out.

Definitely curious to keep up w it. I worked 8yrs in one of our solicitors office.

Not at all in the know, but IMO there was some type of family involvement the longer this goes on. For that reason, I don't know that we'll ever get the real truth. Very tragic for the mom, but something like this was bound to happen with the kid, seemed like bad news. Needed a knot jerked in his butt and nobody was man enough to do it. Interesting turn of events yesterday in the opening of the case of the kid that "got hit by a truck", walking down a desolate road in the middle of the night. Yeah right! They must have found something in the course of their investigation that ties back to that case. The Dateline/Netflix that is sure to come out of all of it will be interesting.

Don't look for any Dateline show on this.That would require people to be willing to talk on the record and nobody in Hampton County will do that.The Murdaugh family has that kind of power.

Reactions: rogue cock
Don't look for any Dateline show on this.That would require people to be willing to talk on the record and nobody in Hampton County will do that.The Murdaugh family has that kind of power.
The family has already been on GMA talking about it. Of course they said they did nothing wrong in the immediate time period after the boat accident. (rolls eyes)
And I know the kind of power they have. That's why I mention the "spin" that Dateline puts on it. The Dateline is coming. How much truth will be attached is the question.

There are several suspicious murders/deaths. The gay man walking down the road- who is said to have been in a same sex relations with one, Buster Murdaugh.
Then there is the maid who “slipped and fell” to her death while on the Murdaugh property.

Something “seems” fishy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAV31
Not at all in the know, but IMO there was some type of family involvement the longer this goes on. For that reason, I don't know that we'll ever get the real truth. Very tragic for the mom, but something like this was bound to happen with the kid, seemed like bad news. Needed a knot jerked in his butt and nobody was man enough to do it. Interesting turn of events yesterday in the opening of the case of the kid that "got hit by a truck", walking down a desolate road in the middle of the night. Yeah right! They must have found something in the course of their investigation that ties back to that case. The Dateline/Netflix that is sure to come out of all of it will be interesting.

I think you nailed it.

So another case of affluenza?

Reactions: Whiterockcock69
So another case of affluenza?
Sure seems that way to me. I get it, it'd be a tough deal when it's your kid in trouble, and you try to help them in any way that you can, but there are bridges that are just too far for me. I've never had interactions with the Murdaughs, and don't know anyone else that has, but I've known similar type families. Most times it's not specifically the kid or what they've done that they're protecting, it's protecting their "family reputation". Drug use and arrests, DUI's, etc. get swept under the rug. So yeah, I guess that's affluenza.

There's affluenza and then there is totally controlling the legal system in a county/region.Rich people are able to hire the best lawyers and many times run in the same circles as judges and prosecutors,but rarely if ever do you see this intertwining of law enforcement and a law firm.If you want to see the power of this firm google the 2002 Forbes magazine article on the judicial system of Hampton county.

Many LEOs in their pocket
Intuitively, you look at the families who harbored grievances against the Murdaugh family, particularly but not necessarily against the kid. But when the truth comes to light, it might just be a simple case of coming home to a petty crime in progress and having it go horribly bad.

There are several suspicious murders/deaths. The gay man walking down the road- who is said to have been in a same sex relations with one, Buster Murdaugh.
Then there is the maid who “slipped and fell” to her death while on the Murdaugh property.

Something is fishy.

WHAT??? Gay man walking down the road??? How do you know he was Gay? Did he have something on him saying was Gay? Tattoo, note in the pocket? stitching on his clothing saying he was Gay?

The maid who “slipped and fell” to her death while on the Murdaugh property. didn't hear that

But you bring up some strange things.

The one story I thought was strange was the 19 year old kid was found dead on the road back in 2015. One corner said gunshot and another said hit and run because his body was found on the road??? The Murdaugh's name wa brought up several times.

From what I can tell it sounds like revenge killing, drug killing or something...

WHAT??? Gay man walking down the road??? How do you know he was Gay? Did he have something on him saying was Gay? Tattoo, note in the pocket? stitching on his clothing saying he was Gay?

The maid who “slipped and fell” to her death while on the Murdaugh property. didn't hear that

But you bring up some strange things.

The one story I thought was strange was the 19 year old kid was found dead on the road back in 2015. One corner said gunshot and another said hit and run because his body was found on the road??? The Murdaugh's name wa brought up several times.

From what I can tell it sounds like revenge killing, drug killing or something...

In the articles I read it said that he was openly gay. As said by his family and people who knew him.

Last edited:
Pretty clear it was affluenza run amok. A drunken boating accident cost a teenage girl’s life. Accidents happen, but the boy’s family used their power and influence to ensure that justice would never be served so somebody close to the girl killed the boy and his mother. It’s a shame all the way around, but if it were my daughter I can’t say I wouldn’t be tempted to do the same. He negligently killed the girl, he should’ve done the time, which would’ve been at most maybe 2 years in prison. Instead, his family intervened and now he’s dead.

Paul Murdaugh sounded like a real piece of $hit based on what has been told about the night Mallory Beach died. If 50% of it is true, it’s no shocker someone likely had enough of this family getting away with literal Murder and took justice into their own hands. He’s alleged to have pushed, spit on, and slapped his girlfriend moments before they hit the piling. All of the people in the board were pleading with him to let someone else drive…he basically taunted them. Had words with Beach just before the accident as well. Her boyfriend basically stepped in and he wised up…but that led to the erratic driving.

It’s enough to make Tom Wolfe and John Grisham say WT(actual)F guys?! Wouldn’t be surprised if we never find out.

My only thought is will law enforcement ever get to the bottom of it.
ZACKLY!! Especially when one of those shot (and of course his mother was killed right beside him) is the son, grandson & great grandson of 3 former solicitors, and then all that wrapped-up w/ a mystery murder from back in 2015, I mean does anyone HONESTLY expect ALL THE FACTS/TRUTH to actually be made public, or, and this would be a MIRACLE NO DOUBT, but actually make it to an actual courtroom via even another LOCAL/NEARBY solicitor??? And then all that actually occur in the good ol' Old School Low-Country of South Carolina (and don't forget now, Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah, Brunswick, Claxton, Statesboro, Sylvania, Barnwell and Santee ALL border that very area as well!!

Just sayin', but I'm willing to bet that Grisham is ALREADY taking notes and adding a lil' excitement and distinctly southern twists to his next hit!!!

shakin' my head...

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT