ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody hear the SI Kids reporter this morning?

ShannonL

Mar 13, 2004
Max Bonnstetter, the reporter from SI Kids who asked Frank Martin about his defense. I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and they had pulled this kid out of class to talk with him about the question and the controversy around it.

Wish I could find a link to the interview but this kid sounds like he knows what he's talking about (except that he picked UNC to beat us in the finals). He was well spoken and had a good analysis of the final four.

He had a lot of good things to say about Coach Martin... sounds like they mutually respect each other. Great publicity again from Max and from the hosts of the show for Frank and the Gamecocks!

I heard him. He sounds smart and knows his stuff. He kinda got shy when asked about a girlfriend.

13, I think. They asked him who he was taking to the dance... a bit confusing considering we're talking about the NCAA tourney. They, of course, meant girlfriend which of COURSE is going to embarrass a 13 year old. :>)

Reactions: viennacocks
What controversy surrounds this? All I've heard is praise for both the kid and CFM.

A Charleston beat reported tweeted that the kids question was inappropriate at a post game presser because it was general in nature and did not pertain to the just completed game.

Needless to say, the reported was blasted from all corners. He later apologized.

Reactions: GamecockArmy
A Charleston beat reported tweeted that the kids question was inappropriate at a post game presser because it was general in nature and did not pertain to the just completed game.

Needless to say, the reported was blasted from all corners. He later apologized.

Basically the adults are mad that they were shown up by a kid. NICE! These sports reporters deserve it.

Reactions: 92Pony
The audio clip they played yesterday was much worse than that tweet. The guy was basically ranting that they shouldn't let a kid into the post game conference, the question was off-topic, "let him go to practice the next day and ask his questions", etc.

I think the "apology" only came after basically every reporter on the planet defended Max and praised both the question and the response.

Great kid; good kid. The beat writer had a point, but it was one he couldn't make and win. It wasn't the time or the manner to make that point.

Caraviello's tweet was referencing Max's question asked AFTER the Wisconsin vs Florida game which lasted past midnight. Thus the 1 am reference. I think in this interview Max asked someone from the Gators about having his mom at the game. Earlier kid asked Martin a good question. Martin gave a good response.

The bottom line is the kid is also a reporter for a magazine, whether the damn P&C idiot likes it or not. He's doing his job for his publication. That jagoff Caraviello was shown up, that's all.

Caraviello is probably a damn yankee. Charleston is full of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT