ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watch NBA ??

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
Watched a Hornets game for the first time and they were actually pretty fun to watch . Not a very good team but entertaining . Kemba Walker is insane . Might be the best undersized player since Iverson . He’s a free agent at the end of the year , any chance what so ever he stays in Charlotte ?? Really great player, kinda sad he’s played for such bad teams in Charlotte . Heard Lebron is campaigning for him to head west . Can’t say I would blame him for looking for a better opportunity.

I don’t watch much other than a late night west coast game on TNT when nothing else is on. I can’t say say when the last time I watched a full game was.

I do think it’s great the Hornets are back in Charlotte though. If I lived in the area I’d probably go to a game once a year. Problem with the NBA is that I have no idea who the players are or who they play for other than a handful of them. And the NBA’s best thing going for them is the intimacy of being so close to the action of the game. Not great when you are watching a bunch of dudes you don’t know. I feel like there are 50 1 and dones from Kentucky playing. Like there are at least one of those on each team but I couldn’t name them.

Last edited:
I don’t watch much other than a late night west coast game on TNT when nothing else is on. I can’t say say when the last time I watched a full game was.

I do think it’s great the Hornets are back in Charlotte though. If I lived in the area I’d probably go to a game once a year. Problem with the NBA is that I have no idea who the players are or who they play for other than a handful of them. And the NBA’s best thing going for them is the intimacy of being so close to the action of the game. Not great when you are watching a bunch of dudes you don’t know. I feel like there are 50 1 and dimes from Kentucky playing. Like there are at least one of those on each team but I couldn’t name them.

Yeah I agree . First game I have watched in years . Kemba is a really fun guy to watch . I remember when he pretty push piggybacked UCONN to the National Title but have not watch him in the pros . He’s a great player . To bad he will probably be gone at the end of the year . Also if you ever get a chance to check out the Greek kid for the Bucks do it . He’s unbelievable . 6’10 and handles the ball like Magic and jumps like Dominique. Some crazy athletes in the NBA right now

I absolutely loved the NBA throughout high school and college. I don't watch much, anymore. However, unlike most people, I don't think it has anything to do with the players, the style of offense/defense, or anything like that. I think most people move away from watching a ton of NBA and MLB as they enter adulthood and have kids simply because of the time commitment involved in following a team that plays 3-5 games per week. Its much easier to follow football games 1 day a week.

That said...yeah, from what I've seen, read, and heard, Kemba Walker has become one heck of a player over the past 4 or 5 years. I can't imagine he will stay in Charlotte, unless there are family reasons to do so. Assuming he wants to win, he needs to go elsewhere. The Hornets aren't going to win unless they go the 76ers route, tank for 3-4 years, and accumulate high-lottery picks.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Maybe a little of the playoffs! Just like to see some defense in my basketball, but those guys are really good, big guys can shoot the 3!

I absolutely loved the NBA throughout high school and college. I don't watch much, anymore. However, unlike most people, I don't think it has anything to do with the players, the style of offense/defense, or anything like that. I think most people move away from watching a ton of NBA and MLB as they enter adulthood and have kids simply because of the time commitment involved in following a team that plays 3-5 games per week. Its much easier to follow football games 1 day a week.

That said...yeah, from what I've seen, read, and heard, Kemba Walker has become one heck of a player over the past 4 or 5 years. I can't imagine he will stay in Charlotte, unless there are family reasons to do so. Assuming he wants to win, he needs to go elsewhere. The Hornets aren't going to win unless they go the 76ers route, tank for 3-4 years, and accumulate high-lottery picks.

Exactly, as I trimmed my hobby time and put time into family & career, NBA & the Braves took the most significant cuts. NFL followed although I can cook on the grill and just let the NFL play on. Out Side of my Gamecocks and I watch most any sport I can and attend when ever possible. I watch the PGA majors, mainly because my dad & I still share those sundays.
I watch March madness to pull for the little guys and non-blue schools.

Reactions: Jon Snow
Exactly, as I trimmed my hobby time and put time into family & career, NBA & the Braves took the most significant cuts. NFL followed although I can cook on the grill and just let the NFL play on. Out Side of my Gamecocks and I watch most any sport I can and attend when ever possible. I watch the PGA majors, mainly because my dad & I still share those sundays.
I watch March madness to pull for the little guys and non-blue schools.
Same for me on Braves and NBA. During college, I'd have at least 3 or 4 days/nights per week watching NBA games on TNT, or network TV. And the Braves were a mainstay on my TV from April until October. Now, I watch bits and pieces of the NBA playoffs. I admit I've watched less the past 3 years, simply because I don't feel much of a sense of drama (the Warriors have been too good)>

No. I attended one NBA game in Charlotte. I watched the players loaf, only putting out effort in short spurts. I watched the players not paying attention to the coaches during timeouts, usually intent on watching the dancers. NBA is basically high-salaried street ball.

I treat the Braves and Hawks more like a sports night cap most nights. I'll turn the games on around 7/8th inning or early 4th qtr and if it's a game I'll try to watch from there on out.
Helps having my son be into it because he's begging me to stay up and watch the end and I see way too much of myself in him so I typically relent

NBA is just a bit of a different game, if you can get used to it I have found that I enjoy it but its definitely not for everyone. Similar to MLB and NBA though in my opinion in that respect. If you LOVE basketball chances are you'll like the NBA game even if it's not your preferred style

Like many on here, I watched the NBA religiously in middle and high school, but it eventually fell off my radar. I grew up in the Magic and Bird era and once all of their contemporaries were out of the league, I just stopped watching. The Gamecocks are pretty much the only TV sports I have time for now.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I rarely watch anymore. Firing up 3's and dunking. That's all you get and that's what the league wants as they've set the rules. No variety. Very boring. And the antics are very boring.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I could get more into the NBA . Honestly I could Careless about any Gamecock sport that isn’t football . I’m ashamed to say I never watched an inning when we won the CWS and none of the final four games a few years ago . I feel bad about it , but it just never held my interest . Couldn’t name 3 players in the MLB right now . Still watch NFL like an addict and will continue to do so despite the politics and other outside BS and count the days when college football kicks off . During the summer I’ll rewatch football games on YouTube I’ve seen 100 times before I turn on a Baseball game . Of course during baseball season I’m working 14 hours a day and fishing every weekend so not much opportunity . Admit that I might start watching a little more NBA to pass the time .

the NBA is great basketball, much better than college, they can actually shot the ball.

Yes. Current favorite players to watch play:

Embiid
Curry
Greek Freak
Porzingis

I recognize one of those names - Curry, mainly because he's a Davidson kid making it big at the next level.

Like most here, watched the NBA a ton in the Magic/Bird and then Jordan years. If you offered me a free NBA ticket today including pre or post game meal, I'd decline. I've completely lost interest.

Hope the Hornets find a way to be competitive again. It's more exciting, especially for kids, when their team wins. I live in central TX now. My eight year old likes watching NBA and he really likes the Houston Rockets. They're not the best team, still pretty good and win most of their games. We went to a game a couple weeks ago. My first NBA game in 10+ years. I was impressed with the whole experience. In between quarters they had local kids on the floor dancing, doing silly games, etc... Tickets weren't cheap ($88/ea for pretty good seats). Overall lots of fun.

Nope. Never have. I've maybe watched 10min-worth of it all total in my nearly 50yrs... And that's no exaggeration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT