ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watching Panthers/ Browns game...

You are discussing two of the top NFL franchises....I'm sure there are quite a few who would take either's record.....including the one that Tedder just bought.
Panthers have a much easier division traditionally than Pittsburgh I'll give them that.

Reactions: rogue cock
Only 2 since 2000. Pats have 5 since 2000

But the Rooney’s owned the Steelers thru the 70s so those count also !! Not discounting the Pats . All my in laws are from Lynn Mass so I kinda married into being a closet Pats Fan . Makes Holidays less stressful !! The Pats are without a doubt the model franchise . Still 6 Super Bowls are 6 Super Bowls .

Signing Eric Reid was a terrible move. There's a ton of free agent free safety's out there to pickup. The only positive thing he's done so far is paint the Panthers logo at mid-field.
That's a weak response, and it doesn't even have anything to do with the owner. Just accept the Panthers are not good, and it's not one person's fault.

LOL, stupid comment of the day "it's the owners fault." Became the owner less than a month before training camp, yet he was supposed to do something to prevent this disaster that was one of the best records in the NFC in the first 8 games. Yea, that makes sense.

Rivera put a Defensive Coordinator in place who knows nothing of running a defense, which means the offense must do it all. That offense consists of CMC and a bunch of minions. With a QB that can't even throw the deep ball who should be benched until he is properly healed. And I agree, the game against Pittsburg was the game that exposed it all. The Panthers are done, and boy is it going to be a fun offseason.

LOL, stupid comment of the day "it's the owners fault." Became the owner less than a month before training camp, yet he was supposed to do something to prevent this disaster that was one of the best records in the NFC in the first 8 games. Yea, that makes sense.

Rivera put a Defensive Coordinator in place who knows nothing of running a defense, which means the offense must do it all. That offense consists of CMC and a bunch of minions. With a QB that can't even throw the deep ball who should be benched until he is properly healed. And I agree, the game against Pittsburg was the game that exposed it all. The Panthers are done, and boy is it going to be a fun offseason.

Not to mention both the previous Panthers DC’s are Head coaches now . Hard to keep replacing those type of guys . Thomas Davis needs to retire and Apply !!!

The defensive collapse has imploded the team. Cam was playing OK until Pittsburgh. Something ain't right with him. They're toast now, and all sorts of fixatives are on the table. It's a mess.

The defensive collapse has imploded the team. Cam was playing OK until Pittsburgh. Something ain't right with him. They're toast now, and all sorts of fixatives are on the table. It's a mess.

Yeah it’s amazing how quick that defense fell apart . I think they held on to Peppers , Thomas Davis , and Mike Adams a year to long . Should have let them ride off into the sunset last year . They have some good young playmakers on offense but the defense is a mess . Hate to say it but I would cash it in the rest of the year and try to find an elite pass rusher or Corner in the draft . Saint’s have proven that 1 or two great draft classes can get you back in the mix quickly .

Liked Cam as a CFB player. Don't like him as a pro. He needs to attend the Marcus Lattimore school of how to be humble but still be a great player. He's getting a lesson this year. Maybe he will learn. At least, I don't have to watch him do his Superman impression. Baker threw some pin point passes.

Reactions: 92Pony
Years ago I think it was NBC that deliberately broadcast an entire game sans announcers

Yeah it’s amazing how quick that defense fell apart . I think they held on to Peppers , Thomas Davis , and Mike Adams a year to long . Should have let them ride off into the sunset last year . They have some good young playmakers on offense but the defense is a mess . Hate to say it but I would cash it in the rest of the year and try to find an elite pass rusher or Corner in the draft . Saint’s have proven that 1 or two great draft classes can get you back in the mix quickly .
I'm amazed Peppers is still playing. He looks like an old man to me.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Years ago I think it was NBC that deliberately broadcast an entire game sans announcers
They could save a lot of money by doing that all the time. I enjoy some non-cliche spouting announcers but sometimes I have to mute the sound.

TD is retiring this year so they will definitely need to draft a LB, they need young studs on the d-line too. If you're going to have a crap secondary you better have a helluva pass rush. Ask Clemson.lol

I've given up on the Panthers this year. Once Cam loses it, the season goes downhill fast. Side note: the new owner sucks.
We are the new Buccaneers, you watch. We will have many more years like this one, I guarantee it. This has turned into a crap show as far as poorly run organizations go.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
Does he play offense? Does he coach? Oh, I guess you are talking about karma. Don’t believe in it. Maybe you just don’t like Reid and want to blame that flaming pile of Charlotte dog crap on him.

What else you got?
giphy.gif

Reactions: GCDC1959
We are the new Buccaneers, you watch. We will have many more years like this one, I guarantee it. This has turned into a crap show as far as poorly run organizations go.

Things can turn around pretty quickly , look at the Saints . A few years ago Brees was finished and the organization was in shambles , Payton was on the hot seat etc etc . Two monster draft classes and a few good free Agent pick ups and they are rolling . Not saying McCaffrey is as good as Kamara or that DJ Moore will be as good as Michael Thomas but it’s possible . The one X factory is Cam is no where close or ever will be close to Brees . Drew could play until he’s 50 and still be more accurate than Cam . Either way I think Rivera is gone

TD is retiring this year so they will definitely need to draft a LB, they need young studs on the d-line too. If you're going to have a crap secondary you better have a helluva pass rush. Ask Clemson.lol

Amazing how much money they have in Short and Poe and the DL is Awful . Short has been a major disappointment since signing that insane contract , not to mention the Matt Khalil contract might be the worst in professional sports .

I like it. Still don’t believe in it.

$hit happens and sometimes it piles up. Cam’s never been real accurate, now his shoulder is hurt, Gano developed bad nerves/injured, Captain is best cover corner (wow), etc. Looks like the Panthers are ready for the off season to me.

I like it. Still don’t believe in it.

$hit happens and sometimes it piles up. Cam’s never been real accurate, now his shoulder is hurt, Gano developed bad nerves/injured, Captain is best cover corner (wow), etc. Looks like the Panthers are ready for the off season to me.

When the team starts struggling, Cam usually comes up with an Injury...

Reactions: Cockopotamus
When the team starts struggling, Cam usually comes up with an Injury...

You gotta admit Cam does take a worse beating than any QB in the NFL . Up until a few weeks ago he had the highest QBR of his career but he has been AWFUL lately . Honestly I think he is pressing ( much like Bentley did earlier) because he knows the offense has to score on every possession to win . He’s an arrogant ass but you can’t question his competitiveness. For all the hits he’s only missed a few games in his career . He gets a lot of hate but I would much rather roll with Cam than a Sam Bradford or Ryan Tanneyhill who are out for a month if a DE breathes on them .

Reactions: KayakCock
You gotta admit Cam does take a worse beating than any QB in the NFL . Up until a few weeks ago he had the highest QBR of his career but he has been AWFUL lately . Honestly I think he is pressing ( much like Bentley did earlier) because he knows the offense has to score on every possession to win . He’s an arrogant ass but you can’t question his competitiveness. For all the hits he’s only missed a few games in his career . He gets a lot of hate but I would much rather roll with Cam than a Sam Bradford or Ryan Tanneyhill who are out for a month if a DE breathes on them .
Over the years, When I watched the Panthers and Cam, His biggest problem, IMO, is that he hated to Check down for a measly 5-7 yard gain. He can spin it, NO DOUBT, and he would try and thread it in to triple coverage, He always wanted a 75 yard TD pass.. Having said that, when i was watching sparsley earlier this year, he seemed to be dumping off to McCaffrey and TE's more, i am sure that has helped his passer rating this year.. He takes a beating because he holds it too long, waiting for the receiver to get WAAAYY downfield, you see the great ones, (Rogers, Brady, Brees) getting rid of it Quicker.

GM sucks too. Bringing Hurney back was the kiss of death. Some of his "highlights"- Everette Brown, Jimmy Clausen, Keary Colbert, Dwayne Jarrett, and Armani Edwards.

Cam hadn't took any more of a beating than any other QB. Most of the others take the hits in the pocket. Makes me admire Johnny Unitas and those of that day even more. Passing records would have been set high if the rules of today were in place.

Cam hadn't took any more of a beating than any other QB. Most of the others take the hits in the pocket. Makes me admire Johnny Unitas and those of that day even more. Passing records would have been set high if the rules of today were in place.

Nah , Cam has taken double almost triple the amount of contact of any QB in the last 5 years . They keep stats on this and it’s astounding . Now a lot of it has to do with the fact that he was pretty much used as a running back when Mike Shula was OC but it’s still a lot of punishment. Cam has not claimed any injury this year but it’s obvious his Arm is Shot . All the talk of injury is just from observations of fans and media . Never claim Cam to be a great QB but he’s as tough as anybody at the position .

Nah , Cam has taken double almost triple the amount of contact of any QB in the last 5 years . They keep stats on this and it’s astounding . Now a lot of it has to do with the fact that he was pretty much used as a running back when Mike Shula was OC but it’s still a lot of punishment. Cam has not claimed any injury this year but it’s obvious his Arm is Shot . All the talk of injury is just from observations of fans and media . Never claim Cam to be a great QB but he’s as tough as anybody at the position .
https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-...der-injury-Wednesday-injury-report-125937703/

If this is the case I don’t Understand why they don’t shut him down . Love him or hate him , he’s your franchise QB the next 4 or 5 years . Nothing to play for this year . Save the wear and tear . If you lose out then it lands you a possible top 10 pick to find an edge rusher or a shutdown corner . Will not be a popular decision but probably the right one . They play the Saints twice in the last 3 weeks . Those are gonna be L’s if Dan Marino is behind center with how bad the defense is . Shut him down .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT