ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually think we will have a full football season?

cockymark

Oct 1, 2006
I predict there will be changes as it goes due to issues....like baseball. thoughts?

I am now doubting we have one at all. The lower divisions already cancelled all Fall sports other than FB I believe but we know FB is not far behind... They have no means to make money this year without fans being able to attend AND no D1 game revenue. They will certainly not play FB... How can FBS justify playing if 1- lower divisions cancel their seasons and 2- they won’t even allow students on campus at most of these schools.

No. Unless there is a plan in place to handle missed games. It is not if a team gets COVID, it's when a team is having COVID issues. I do hope there is a season.

Don't know if it will start, could I guess, highly doubt it will finish. Clear to me the SEC start date is nothing more than a mechanism to buy time & see what develops. In other words, I doubt they are at all confident in that date.
EesP73nWoAErQNn

I think NFL will go one with some setbacks but I’ll honestly be stunned if we have college football this year .

I dont see it happening, although I think the SEC's plan of moving it back to the last Saturday in September gives you the best chance. It buys time, but it also allows you to learn a little bit from watching the others. But I give us a 15% Iikelihood of getting the season underway and a 5% likelihood of completing all 10 games.

No way it will happen. Too much risk with coronavirus numbers continuing to be high. While I enjoy college football, it does not make sense to play this fall. Call it off.

I'll say "full" season just because no one else is.

I also think the money, and the devastating effects of losing it, will push some schools to push limits.

Reactions: carolinamyke
I thought the SEC had already determined that we would have a 10-game, all conference opponent season. So, it wasn't ever intended to be a "full" FB season.......

Full season would be surprising, but I think there will be at least some SEC football. There is a lot of money involved at this level, more so than the lower divisions. That alone tells me they will at least do what they can to have some football.

I was surprised they are not trying to determine the national champion by the end of the year. The schedule is already way too optimistic. I don’t see how we finish the year.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If everybody in Chapin would put on a dang mask and quit crowding me, then just maybe.:mad:

I’m leaning towards just cancelling the season all together if this were up to me. If it’s to risky for college Students to have their butts at their desks in classes then it’s doesn’t make sense to have these players in film rooms together, locker rooms together, gym, etc......

If they must play- Then no fans in the stadium.

Last edited:
Season will be played
Just bumps along the way

Not gonna happen. Pac -12 already discussing just cancelling the season to avoid the whole "Pac-12 player demands" thing.......

Player demands.......pfffft....... pack your crap and leave. Scholly revoked. NEXT up ---- who would be GRATEFUL for the opportunity......

Based on SCHP statistics in 2015 one out of every 8 males between ages 15-24 is involved in an auto accident. Should we take their keys?

Everybody else is playing. Even high schools in most places. The last ditch effort by the coronabros is college football. I see Power 5 leagues going, but doubt anybody in non Power 5, or 1AA, making it. Those folks need pay games, which for the most part, none will get now.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Obviously people have various opinions.
At this point it appears football will be played with issues along the way.
That’s my opinion.
Anyway for ones with opposite opinion you see welcome to it.
Zero to do with any pipe dream or whatever the posters who do not want or think we will have a season choose to say
Time will tell one way or another

Not gonna happen. Pac -12 already discussing just cancelling the season to avoid the whole "Pac-12 player demands" thing.......

Player demands.......pfffft....... pack your crap and leave. Scholly revoked. NEXT up ---- who would be GRATEFUL for the opportunity......
Again. It’s your opinion
Neither of us know “ what’s gonna happen “

Miami baseball team was mostly positive and now they're back playing. If the Cardinals make it, baseball should make it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT