ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been treated for Covid by monoclonal antibodies treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The circumstances at the time was a short term pissing contest between producers which dropped oil prices for a brief period. It wasn’t a sustained period nor were prices at a historic low point and while it is possible that these could have happened everyone’s desire for profitability likely stops this from having a lasting impact. Regardless the decision was made to come in and inflate the price of oil back up so that US companies could maintain their desired profit levels. Of course they still made 110 billion dollars which was a drop in profit from prior years but was still higher than they earned in 2016 when this happened the last time.

So we know that this wasn’t an unprecedented drop, we know that it wasn’t causing companies to stop being profitable and we know that costs of oil impacts consumers. With that in mind the decision was made to come to an agreement to lower production to drive cost back up to maintain high profit margins. At the same time that the decision was made to cut production the worldwide economy was starting to move again which increases demand for oil. Now you have more people wanting oil with less production of it and as we all know based on the laws of supply and demand costs go up. Now not only do costs do up but so does profit margins which means that any attempt to change things now isn’t trying to get companies to increase profit but rather decrease it which isn’t typically something they are interested in. In addition even as they decide to increase production this requires ramping up staff which isn’t an overnight process. Working on this should have happened months ago to try and level things out but it didn’t which is simply going to cause this to continue for an extended period of time.

In terms of current policy impacting this there are two actions which impacted the oil industry in revoking the Arctic Wildlife project and the Keystone pipeline neither of which ever produced any oil. So while I am sure it can be argued that anticipation of potential changes is increasing a desire to maximize profits today in terms of specific implemented policies I do not know anything that would change what was in effect from 2020 or prior.

I see there was also a concern about how futures are impacted. So there is absolutely speculation on oil prices and people locking in purchases of oil for future delivery to ensure pricing and supplies. I’m pretty sure at this point that the belief is that demand is only going to continue growing so even at today’s prices people are speculating that the prices will be higher in a couple months than they are today.

The only option now is to figure out a way to get everyone producing more oil and even then it is going to take time to cycle around where the increased production is to create surpluses as opposed to simply “meeting demand”. The time to act on this has passed to a point so that any thing done today is still going to take months to make any change where the consumer sees it. Both parties are responsible for where we are today whether it was starting the increase process or failing to act when it became obvious what was occurring.

The decision to cut production was because they had nowhere to put the oil due to a huge drop in demand. Futures actually went to -$40 for a brief period.

I got the Vax but your comment largely epitomizes the problem in this country-intolerance and indifference towards our fellow Americans. I'm pro vax but I understand if someone doesn't get it. Herd immunity is a big lie and leading authorities are beginning to doubt it will happen.
Those who take and support the vaccine do so to protect themselves and others which is the polar opposite of indifference and intolerance. Vaccines are for the greater good of humanity. Those who refuse the vaccine are threats to those who take the vaccine. We have breakthroughs when vaccinated folks come in contact with the unvaccinated. Knowing that those who are vaccinated may not be hospitalized and die from the virus still means that contracting it is something to be avoided at all costs. Read up on individualism vs the common good which is particularly pertinent when it come to public heath and vaccine mandates.

Those who take and support the vaccine do so to protect themselves and others which is the polar opposite of indifference and intolerance. Vaccines are for the greater good of humanity. Those who refuse the vaccine are threats to those who take the vaccine. We have breakthroughs when vaccinated folks come in contact with the unvaccinated. Knowing that those who are vaccinated may not be hospitalized and die from the virus still means that contracting it is something to be avoided at all costs. Read up on individualism vs the common good which is particularly pertinent when it come to public heath and vaccine mandates.

Year-long study below - no difference between vaccine and unvaccinated in terms of infection spread and viral load. There are several studies out now reinforcing these findngs.

We shouldn't push risk onto others who are low risk. Not to mention, a large % of the population likely already have natural immunity. They don't need the artifical variety too, as doubling down seems to enhance cytokine storms.

Infection Survival Rate

0-19 // 99.9973%
20-29 // 99.986%
30-39 // 99.969%
40-49 // 99.918%
50-59 // 99.73%
60-69 // 99.41%
70+ // 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ // 94.5% (all)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210v1

At least that cut and paste acknowledged the price war and the national shutdown, even if it did also try to pretend those weren't reason enough for Trump to do what he did.

It's much easier to believe Trump wanted oil companies just to get richer, because, as everyone knows, orange man bad.
I wish it was cut and paste as that would have saved my thumbs. I just don’t think you can complain about where we are without acknowledging how we got here.

I wish it was cut and paste as that would have saved my thumbs. I just don’t think you can complain about where we are without acknowledging how we got here.

Agree with some of what you mentioned. The fact remains - we don't have to be where we are right now. Similar to vaxx mandates and AFGF, it's "rebel" Biden carving a path that digs a deeper hole - this time by begging OPEC.

Even my far left friends have their heads in their hands at this point. It's not about politics. It's about one really poor leader.

https://www.canadianenergycentre.ca...adian-oil-could-be-helping-the-u-s-right-now/

This is beyond description. It's as if they are doing the most absurd things imaginable on purpose:

"..... the Biden administration: paying many of those who entered the country illegally and were separated under the Trump administration enough money — as much as $450,000 each, or close to $1 million per family — to put them in the richest 1 percent.

"Per The Wall Street Journal, "The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family, though the final numbers could shift, the people familiar with the matter said."

"Most of the families that crossed the border illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said," the bombshell report added."

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigra...full-oprah-considers-450k-payments-to-illegal

Last edited:

Ha! I agree with this sentiment. I see people blaming Biden, and I see people blaming Trump. I never see people blaming the entire last 20 years of dumbass decisions.

Maybe it's just a turn of phrase too. When you start in on the Trump negotiation, I read it as you blaming only him. Perhaps you mean to say in addition to other people.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Please tell me the last time oil traded for below zero a barrel.
For a very short period of time but for the month it didn’t cause any historical lows and the price still closed out the year higher than in 2018. This is the epitome of not seeing the forest for the trees.

Ha! I agree with this sentiment. I see people blaming Biden, and I see people blaming Trump. I never see people blaming the entire last 20 years of dumbass decisions.

Maybe it's just a turn of phrase too. When you start in on the Trump negotiation, I read it as you blaming only him. Perhaps you mean to say in addition to other people.
I only mention that when someone starts the blame the current guy for everything. Honestly he’s done enough stupid things to blame him for without picking out one of the things he didn’t have direct responsibility for.

For a very short period of time but for the month it didn’t cause any historical lows and the price still closed out the year higher than in 2018. This is the epitome of not seeing the forest for the trees.
Either it was unprecedented or it wasn't. Has nothing to do with trees.

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
Agree with some of what you mentioned. The fact remains - we don't have to be where we are right now. Similar to vaxx mandates and AFGF, it's "rebel" Biden carving a path that digs a deeper hole - this time by begging OPEC.

Even my far left friends have their heads in their hands at this point. It's not about politics. It's about one really poor leader.

https://www.canadianenergycentre.ca...adian-oil-could-be-helping-the-u-s-right-now/
The keystone pipeline wasn’t going to be moving anything anytime soon so the premise that it would have any impact is flawed from the start. A Canadian company just opened their replacement pipeline last month allowing them to double their capacity to import oil into the US. A number of other companies also have expansion projects in the works that have been proceeding without challenge. That said companies are typically going to buy the cheapest oil possible regardless of where it comes from.

Year-long study below - no difference between vaccine and unvaccinated in terms of infection spread and viral load. There are several studies out now reinforcing these findngs.

We shouldn't push risk onto others who are low risk. Not to mention, a large % of the population likely already have natural immunity. They don't need the artifical variety too, as doubling down seems to enhance cytokine storms.

Infection Survival Rate

0-19 // 99.9973%
20-29 // 99.986%
30-39 // 99.969%
40-49 // 99.918%
50-59 // 99.73%
60-69 // 99.41%
70+ // 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ // 94.5% (all)

Infection Survival Rate

0-19 // 99.9973%
20-29 // 99.986%
30-39 // 99.969%
40-49 // 99.918%
50-59 // 99.73%
60-69 // 99.41%
70+ // 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ // 94.5% (all)

I agree that as fully vaccinated with the booster I can still contract a break through infection and spread covid and that's why I wear a mask around others. You see it's not just about me.

This is beyond description. It's as if they are doing the most absurd things imaginable on purpose:

"..... the Biden administration: paying many of those who entered the country illegally and were separated under the Trump administration enough money — as much as $450,000 each, or close to $1 million per family — to put them in the richest 1 percent.

"Per The Wall Street Journal, "The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family, though the final numbers could shift, the people familiar with the matter said."

"Most of the families that crossed the border
illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said," the bombshell report added."

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigra...full-oprah-considers-450k-payments-to-illegal
They should be in JAIL..

I only mention that when someone starts the blame the current guy for everything. Honestly he’s done enough stupid things to blame him for without picking out one of the things he didn’t have direct responsibility for.
Unfortunately he wanted to, OR NANCY MADE HIM, run for POTUS, He is the POTUS, he owns this. You cant keep blaming Grover Cleveland or Andrew Jackson.. But hey, it is easy for the left to deflect EVERYTHING to Trump, it is the left's way.....

Unfortunately he wanted to, OR NANCY MADE HIM, run for POTUS, He is the POTUS, he owns this. You cant keep blaming Grover Cleveland or Andrew Jackson.. But hey, it is easy for the left to deflect EVERYTHING to Trump, it is the left's way.....
No one has said it isn’t Biden’s problem to deal with but it doesn’t mean it’s one he created but deflection is the new way.

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
You've got some serious BDS. All we heard on here for months from you cultist was about the stock market & now nothing. Much like the "jobs not mobs" catch phrase it no longer fit the narrative so poof, gone. BTW how are the markets doing? I mean the orange con man told his sheep they would crash if he wasn't re-elected.

And Biden has little to do with the stock market, I'm just using the same flawed logic as the uninformed did with their massiah.

No one has said it isn’t Biden’s problem to deal with but it doesn’t mean it’s one he created but deflection is the new way.

He's been in Washington 50 years now and he has been one of the biggest advocates for China, claiming as recently as 2019 that they are "good people" and "no competition for us". Meanwhile, his son is getting rich for all the foreign influence, especially China.

He's been in Washington 50 years now and he has been one of the biggest advocates for China, claiming as recently as 2019 that they are "good people" and "no competition for us". Meanwhile, his son is getting rich for all the foreign influence, especially China.
Perfect example.

Of truth. Everything I stated was fact.
And also deflection and also pay no attention to my guys doing the same thing only look at him.

At some point people are going to have to realize the only difference between anyone in Washington is what they say on TV. They are all involved in the same garbage behind the scenes and milking donors and tax payers for ever penny they can pull from them.

You've got some serious BDS. All we heard on here for months from you cultist was about the stock market & now nothing. Much like the "jobs not mobs" catch phrase it no longer fit the narrative so poof, gone. BTW how are the markets doing? I mean the orange con man told his sheep they would crash if he wasn't re-elected.

And Biden has little to do with the stock market, I'm just using the same flawed logic as the uninformed did with their massiah.

The hell he doesn't. Promising to pump TRILLIONS of spending is absolutely good for the market. Of course, that isn't Biden's money. It's more and more debt, and everyone knows unsustainable. We spent a fortune on COVID, and for the most part, rightfully so. The dems loaded it with pork that was unrelated to COVID and basically held Americans hostage by refusing to pass help unless those items were in there. Now, they want to spend trillions more on a infrastructure bill and a "human infrastructure" bill. That is why the market isn't crashing. But it's just kicking the can down the road. Everyone knows that. Both parties have blame, but right now, the Dems are doing everything they can to accelerate our financial demise. No way we should be considering spending that kind of money right now after what we just went through.

And also deflection and also pay no attention to my guys doing the same thing only look at him.

At some point people are going to have to realize the only difference between anyone in Washington is what they say on TV. They are all involved in the same garbage behind the scenes and milking donors and tax payers for ever penny they can pull from them.

Not true. Dems milk taxpayers. Pubs cut taxes. The problem is NONE of the Dem want to cut spending, and the few Pubs that do want to cut spending are labeled by Dems as evil people that want to take away your free shit.

Just one more year before the red wave and it will be epic as Virginia and NJ just showed us. People are sick of this shit.

The hell he doesn't. Promising to pump TRILLIONS of spending is absolutely good for the market. Of course, that isn't Biden's money. It's more and more debt, and everyone knows unsustainable. We spent a fortune on COVID, and for the most part, rightfully so. The dems loaded it with pork that was unrelated to COVID and basically held Americans hostage by refusing to pass help unless those items were in there. Now, they want to spend trillions more on a infrastructure bill and a "human infrastructure" bill. That is why the market isn't crashing. But it's just kicking the can down the road. Everyone knows that. Both parties have blame, but right now, the Dems are doing everything they can to accelerate our financial demise. No way we should be considering spending that kind of money right now after what we just went through.
Well if you're concerned about debt, you must have been outraged at trump. You say that money wasn't Biden's, was it trumps?
But yep, we cannot keep spending like drunken sailors, both parties own it, now direct me to a post where you were critical of the massive debt trump ran up while in office. I'll wait.

Commodities are traded on the world market. Things like shutting down a pipeline send Shockwaves through the market. Futures went up immediately.
Exactly.

Even when a refinery shuts down for planned maintainance prices tend to shoot up, even though there’s still adequate supply.

Not true. Dems milk taxpayers. Pubs cut taxes. The problem is NONE of the Dem want to cut spending, and the few Pubs that do want to cut spending are labeled by Dems as evil people that want to take away your free shit.
Yes I know people like to talk about this but the Republicans had full control for the first two years under Trump. They passed a tax cut for their donors and a temporary deferral for everyone else. During that time when they cut revenue what spending did they cut?

Yes the one thing the cult cant stand is name calling.

Yet
A partial list of people Trump has publicly declared a “loser” (and other names) It turns out this was not an especially effective way to judge the man because, awkwardly, pretty much everyone is on that list.

• Alex Pareene, Gawker writer
  • Loser
  • Alex Rodriguez, baseball player
  • Idiot
  • Alex Salmond, Scottish politician
  • Loser
  • Amy Pascal, former chairwoman of Sony Pictures
  • Loser
  • Ana Navarro, political commentator
  • Loser
  • Anderson Cooper, journalist
  • Dumb
  • Aneesh S, random Twitter user
  • Dummy
  • Angelo Carusone, vice-president of Media Matters
  • Loser
  • Anika Heinmaa, university student
  • Dummy
  • Anthony Baxter, filmmaker
  • Dummy
  • Arianna Huffington, publisher
  • Loser
  • Barack Obama, U.S. President
  • Idiot
  • Bill Maher, talk show host
  • Loser
  • Bill Kristol
  • Loser
  • Bill Moyers, liberal activist
  • Dummy
  • Bobby Jindal, governor of Louisiana
  • A zero
  • Brah Sumatra, random guy on Twitter
  • Dummy
  • Brett Jarka, random guy on Twitter
  • Loser
  • Brian Williams, former NBC News host
  • Dummy
  • Charles Freeman, writer
  • Dummy
  • Charles Krauthammer, columnist
  • Loser
  • Cher, singer
  • Loser
  • Chris Cillizza, journalist
  • Moron
  • Chris Jackson, basketball player
  • Loser
  • Chris Moody, journalist
  • Loser
  • Chuck Hagel, former defence secretary
  • Moron
  • Chuck Todd, journalist
  • Loser
  • Clare O’Connor, Forbes writer
  • Dummy
  • Dan Amira, senior editor at New York magazine
  • Loser
  • Danny Zuker, writer of TV’s Modern Family
  • Loser
  • Dave Centrist, unknown
  • Loser
  • David Cameron, British Prime Minister
  • Dummy
  • David Milne, resident of Menie, Scotland
  • Loser
  • Dr. Thomas Frieden, CDC director
  • Fool
  • Eric Schneiderman, N.Y. attorney general
  • Loser
  • Erick Erickson, red-state organizer
  • Loser
  • Frank Lutz, pollster
  • Loser
  • Gary, an astrologer in Cleveland
  • Loser
  • Gavin Rossdale, musician
  • Loser
  • George Will, columnist and author
  • Loser
  • Glenfiddich, a whisky brand
  • Joke
  • Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair
  • Loser
  • Gwyneth Paltrow, actress
  • Loser
  • Harry Hurt, Trump biographer
  • Dummy
  • Hisham Elzanaty, businessman
  • Loser
  • Howard Stern, radio host
  • Loser
  • Huffington Post, online news aggragator
  • Loser
  • ISIS
  • Evil losers
  • J Papadopoulos, Australian
  • Moron
  • Jamie Flood, Doctor Who fan
  • Dummy
  • Jacqueline Goldberg, 87-year-old grandmother
  • Loser
  • Jeb Bush, Republican candidate
  • Loser
  • Jerry Seinfeld, comic (net worth $700m)
  • Failure
  • John Heilemann, journalist
  • Dummy
  • John McCain, U.S. Senator and war hero
  • Loser
  • Jon Stewart, comedian
  • Dummy
  • Jonah Goldberg, editor of National Review
  • Loser
  • Karl Rove, political strategist
  • Loser
  • Kirsten Powers, political pundit
  • Dummy
  • Kristina Oakes, One Direction fan
  • Moron
  • Lawrence O’Donnell, MSNBC host
  • Fool
  • Lindsey Graham
  • Idiot
  • Lord Sugar, English business magnate
  • Loser
  • Marco Rubio
  • Loser
  • Mark Cuban, investor
  • Loser
  • Megyn Kelly, Fox News journalist
  • Loser
  • Michael Forbes, Scottish farmer
  • Loser
  • Michele Shephard, business executive
  • Dummy
  • Michelle Malkin, conservative blogger
  • Loser
  • Mike Tollin, documentary filmmaker
  • Loser
  • New York Daily News, newspaper
  • Loser
  • Nick McDougall, random guy on Twitter
  • Dummy
  • Nick Vranas, salesman
  • Dummy
  • Patch.com, news website
  • Loser
  • Patrick Blackburn
  • Moron
  • Paul Goldberger, architecture critic
  • Loser
  • Philip Crowther, French journalist
  • Loser
  • Random Twitter User #1
  • Loser
  • Random Twitter User #2
  • Loser
  • Random Twitter User #3
  • Idiot
  • Random Twitter User #4
  • Loser
  • Random Twitter User #5
  • Dummy
  • Random Twitter User #6
  • Loser
  • Random Twitter User #7
  • Dummy
  • Random Twitter User #8
  • Moron
  • Richard Belzer, actor
  • Stone Cold Loser
  • Rihanna, singer
  • Loser
  • Robert Yopp, refrigerator repairman
  • Dummy
  • Roger Stone, former Trump advisor
  • Stone Cold Loser
  • Rosie O’Donnell, talk show host
  • Loser
  • Russell Brand, actor
  • Loser
  • Ryan Matt, guy in Phoneix
  • Loser
  • Salon, news website
  • Loser
  • Sarah A. Wescot-Williams, Prime Minister of Sint Maarten
  • Loser
  • Sasha Baron Cohen, actor and comedian
  • Moron
  • Seth Meyers, talk show host
  • Loser
  • Sheena Monnin, former Miss Pennsylvania
  • Loser
  • Shelly Kulwin, lawyer
  • Fool
  • Star Jones, lawyer
  • Fool
  • Terry Pegula, Buffalo Bills owner
  • Loser
  • Thamsanqa Jantjie, sign-language interpreter at Mandela funeral
  • Moron
  • Theo Moll, Vice columnist
  • Dummy
  • Thokozile Masipa, Oscar Pistorius trial judge
  • Moron
  • Tim O’Brien, novelist
  • Loser
  • Timothy Burke, Deadspin writer
  • Loser
  • Tina Brown, magazine editor
  • Loser
  • Tom Allen, random Twitter user
  • Moron
  • Tom Scocca, Deadspin editor
  • Loser
  • Yolie, LGBT activist
  • Loser
And, on Memorial Day, he had this general catch-all:

The "left" should stop doing that
Just glancing at that list I’m not seeing an issue with many of his criticisms...

Well if you're concerned about debt, you must have been outraged at trump. You say that money wasn't Biden's, was it trumps?
But yep, we cannot keep spending like drunken sailors, both parties own it, now direct me to a post where you were critical of the massive debt trump ran up while in office. I'll wait.

A lot of that was COVID, and it was needed. But go look at the bills and see who put non-COVID related items in the bill. Go look at how much pork was added to those bills and who it benefited.

Last edited:
Just glancing at that list I’m not seeing an issue with many of his criticisms...
OK as long as you agree with it , no problem. The post was in response to a poster whinnying about people on the left name calling. In a shocking, but highly predictable, turn of blatant hypocrisy, a few post down he says he doesn't care who trump insults. (Don't call me names, it's hurtful, but I'm ok with people calling you names) What's the word the cult uses for that? Oh yeah, snowflake

"Most of the families that crossed the border illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said," the bombshell report added."

I think a certain someone promised to 'fundamentally transform America.' Unfortunately, achieving such a transformation typically includes tearing down what is already in place. And here we are...

A lot of that was COVID, and it was needed. But go look at the bills and see who put non-COVID related items in the bill. Go look and how much pork was added to those bills and who it benefited.
The post where you were critical of trump debt. You find it yet? I mean you had 4 yrs to bring that up, now all of sudden its a huge issue. Why? What we heard was the constant drum beat of look at the markets.

I think a certain someone promised to 'fundamentally transform America.' Unfortunately, achieving such a transformation typically includes tearing down what is already in place. And here we are...

I agree the paying of illegal aliens massive amounts of cash seems incredibly stupid on the surface.

I sincerely hope it's one of those bait and switch situations. Where an insane idea is thrown out, then when the real plan that is only slightly moronic is revealed, it seems okay in comparison.

Yes I know people like to talk about this but the Republicans had full control for the first two years under Trump. They passed a tax cut for their donors and a temporary deferral for everyone else. During that time when they cut revenue what spending did they cut?

Not true. They didn't not have "full control". Takes 60 in the Senate, and I think they only had 53. They passed a tax cut under budget reconciliation that reduced tax rates across the board, not just for their "donors". Here's the before and after tax rates. Through the normal legislation process, without 60 in the Senate, nothing is going to get cut because Democrats refuse, except for maybe the military. They would spend $20 trillion a year if they could. Nothing is unworthy of throwing money at.

iu

I agree the paying of illegal aliens massive amounts of cash seems incredibly stupid on the surface.

I sincerely hope it's one of those bait and switch situations. Where an insane idea is thrown out, then when the real plan that is only slightly moronic is revealed, it seems okay in comparison.
Biden has already said that isn't going to happen. But carry on with more bs

He said vaccine mandates weren't going to happen either, and how did that work out?
If Biden does that I will be first in line to criticize it, but he's not going to do it. How did Mexico paying for the wall work out? Releasing his taxes? Balancing the budget? What his "investigators" who he sent to Hawaii found out? Damn, that's been over a decade now & he's still holding on to this blockbuster revelation. Remember, "they can't believe what they found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT