ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been treated for Covid by monoclonal antibodies treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone brings up adverse reaction to the vaccine I always remember what happened at my elementary school back in the day. Our entire school was vaccinated against typhoid fever and the next day the great majority of students stayed home sick as a dog. Not one parent complained as they knew the vaccine was for their child's protection.

In those days you took the shots that were mandated and I don't recall any permission slips sent home for parents to sign. Typhoid fever is no longer a threat in our country as folks willingly rolled up their sleeves. Today seniors remember those times and that's one reason our age group jumped at the chance to take the vaccine. Herd immunity can be a reality but only if people do their part.

Last edited:
According to a recent Harvard study, it's estimated that between 1 and 10% of those injured report to an adverse site.

Head over to the adverse reaction websites in US and EU, see combined deaths and multiple by anywhere from 10x to 100x.

I'm not going to post this.

Also, there are also serious complications (deaths, strokes, etc) being posted on Twitter and Substack accounts daily. Again, not going to post here but Substack is not short format so the issues are very detailed.

We need to be careful here.

Regarding adverse events and reporting: I have seen myself people posting online that they reported adverse events to VAERS even though they didn't even get the vaccine.

I don't know about October 2021, but I know early last summer there was a lot of promotion on vaccine conspiracy sites telling people to report to the VAERS system that you had an adverse event. So I think relying on that data with the COVID vaccine is unreliable.

Sadly, many voluntary reporting systems have been tainted by people with agendas.

So we need to be careful when we refer to a voluntary reporting system that requires no proof of vaccine injury. In fact, it doesn't even require proof that the person making the claim even took a vaccine. This has not been an issue with vaccines before COVID. But not folks with agendas have been promoting the idea of reporting false information to the system regarding COVID.

That's not to say there aren't adverse events. A family friend's 19 year old had a reaction to the vaccine and had a mild case of myocarditis after his first dose. I talked to him myself. He was fine after being treated. He was instructed not to get the 2nd dose but even he was telling me he still encouraged others to get the vaccine. Talking with his doctors and heart doctor here in Columbia, he told me his doctors told him his case was mild and they had seen much worse heart problems and other associated serious issues with people actually getting COVID.

The data backs that up. Reports of heart inflammation and other serious issues are much higher in people that get COVID than those with vaccine reaction.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I haven't shared this previously, and I know it will get poo-pooed, but...

My youngest was basically forced to get the shot. College athlete, 21 y/o, in great physical health. After his 2nd shot, he had to have an EKG to return to practice after he had chest pain, never had that in his life. The EKG showed some LVH and arrythmia. Two doctors looked at it and said that he "should" be fine (damn, that's comforting). I surely hope so.

Take this for what it's worth

An echo-cardiogram is the gold standard for diagnosing LVH. an EKG can show evidence of it though for sure.

The echo is simple, painless. They take an ultra-sound of the valves and structures of the heart by rubbing a wand type device over the outside of the chest. It's done in a hospital or clinic but it's simple and takes less than 15 minutes.

A vaccine isn't going to change the structure of the heart but the echo would tell you if there were any pre-existing heart issues related to the actual structure of the heart.

As stated above, some LVH in athletes is not unusual.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Or like the current president that got FIVE draft deferments due to asthma despite having no issues with asthma while playing multiple sports in high school.

Fact check says Biden received 5 student deferments ( undergrad and law school ). I had several of those during my years at USC grad school before I was inducted into the army. Biden was classified 1-Y for asthma. Some folks outgrow asthma while it can be debilitating for others. When I worked in Voc. Rehab. it was usually considered a handicapping condition for eligibility. He could have received a 1-Y based on a stuttering disorder which he seems to have overcome for the most part. Folks who have no experience with stutterers think his word blocking is something it's not.

Fact check says Biden received 5 student deferments ( undergrad and law school ). I had several of those during my years at USC grad school before I was inducted into the army. Biden was classified 1-Y for asthma. Some folks outgrow asthma while it can be debilitating for others. When I worked in Voc. Rehab. it was usually considered a handicapping condition for eligibility. He could have received a 1-Y based on a stuttering disorder which he seems to have overcome for the most part. Folks who have no experience with stutterers think his word blocking is something it's not.

Is draft deferment anything but a made up excuse anymore?

Biden

Trump and his fake bone spurs

Bush got a sweet deal with the Texas National Guard to avoid Vietnam.

Dick Cheney avoided Vietnam with deferments.

Bill Clinton deferment.

Aren't we passed this now? Everyone has proven many times now they'll overlook avoiding military service if it's their favorite politician.

According to a recent Harvard study, it's estimated that between 1 and 10% of those injured report to an adverse site.

Head over to the adverse reaction websites in US and EU, see combined deaths and multiple by anywhere from 10x to 100x.

I'm not going to post this.

Also, there are also serious complications (deaths, strokes, etc) being posted on Twitter and Substack accounts daily. Again, not going to post here but Substack is not short format so the i

I'm fully vaccinated and with a booster yet I wear a mask when I'm around others. It's very possible that I could contract the virus yet be asymptomatic and unknowingly pass the virus to others in my office. Sadly I work around people who are not vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% effective and breakthrough infections happen.

I wear a mask because it still affords me some protection but more so to protect others.
What protection does it offer? I'm curious. Are you wearing an N95 or KN95? If not please link to a study showing any preventative qualities of another mask.

We need to be careful here.

Regarding adverse events and reporting: I have seen myself people posting online that they reported adverse events to VAERS even though they didn't even get the vaccine.

I don't know about October 2021, but I know early last summer there was a lot of promotion on vaccine conspiracy sites telling people to report to the VAERS system that you had an adverse event. So I think relying on that data with the COVID vaccine is unreliable.

Sadly, many voluntary reporting systems have been tainted by people with agendas.

So we need to be careful when we refer to a voluntary reporting system that requires no proof of vaccine injury. In fact, it doesn't even require proof that the person making the claim even took a vaccine. This has not been an issue with vaccines before COVID. But not folks with agendas have been promoting the idea of reporting false information to the system regarding COVID.

That's not to say there aren't adverse events. A family friend's 19 year old had a reaction to the vaccine and had a mild case of myocarditis after his first dose. I talked to him myself. He was fine after being treated. He was instructed not to get the 2nd dose but even he was telling me he still encouraged others to get the vaccine. Talking with his doctors and heart doctor here in Columbia, he told me his doctors told him his case was mild and they had seen much worse heart problems and other associated serious issues with people actually getting COVID.

The data backs that up. Reports of heart inflammation and other serious issues are much higher in people that get COVID than those with vaccine reaction.

You're speaking directly to the issue at hand. Why do we have a $5 billion+ website for healthcare and a $50 website for adverse reports of injury? The answer which many believe, including those in the healthcare industry, is that it's by design. All of the concerns/doubts you expressed is exactly what they want you to think.....it's difficult to determine what is fact from fiction. It's difficult to determine that the injury was due to the vaccine or something else. etc. This is why I posted the Harvard study as well. Because even if there's a % that were indeed falsified, the number who are injured that actually report issues is between .03 and 10%.

In addition, you've just named someone you knew who had a reaction. I can name several, including 3 people who have had serious issues ongoing issues (stroke/left side paralysis, blood pressure issues, heart) My friends have friends who have been impacted. It's not that uncommon at all.

In terms of heart inflammation, I work in the hospital industry and they are readily aware of the many issues as relates to the vaccine. My mother-in-law had this happen 3 weeks following the 2nd shot and the MDs told her that they typically see several patients a day with this complaint. The chief of Cardiology at the hospital told us "we just don't know enough about the vaccine and it's longer-term side effects at this point." That's code for "we're not supposed to talk about it" which is in the contract between providers and countries. She's been in the hospital 3x and they've been treating her with anti-inflammatories to help mitigate the ongoing abberent response.

In my profession, I've received concerns from MDs, Nurses, Hospital Admins and other healthcare workers concerning these issues. I've also posted experts from Harvard, Stanford, UPENN, Cornell, NYU, Northwestern and other top medical institutions echoing similar sentiment.

Look at the number of healthcare workers who are resisting after almost 2 years of treating COVID patients. Why? SaltLife mentioned his daughter works in ICU and paid 3K+ for the antibodies instead of the "free" vaccine. Why? There's others on this site with direct testimonials as well.

Below is one of my posts from yesterday which highlights just some of issues/conflicts. If you took any of this issues and spotlighted, you could find ways to rationalize. When you take them as a collective group, there's no explanation. "Why are they refusing to test for natural immunity" should also be included, as it's one question Fauci continues to deflect and state "he's not sure why?" That's pretty telling.

I would like to see your data on heart inflammation when you have a chance, as it flies in the face of everything I've seen to date.

----------------------------------

There are now over 3 million reports of adverse reactions collectively on the US and EU adverse sites (primarily Pfizer and Moderna Countries.)

In addition:

+ Indemnity which speaks directly to uncertainty of risk. (see contract)

+ No long-term studies in humans; Terrible long-term studies in animals (see Pfizer doc)

+ A gag order on discussing vaccine injuries. (see contract)

+ No informed consent of risk found during trials such as ADE
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/
("The specific and significant COVID-19 risk of ADE should have been and should be prominently and independently disclosed to research subjects currently in vaccine trials, as well as those being recruited for the trials and future patients after vaccine approval, in order to meet the medical ethics standard of patient comprehension for informed consent.)

+ A gag order against effective/safer early treatment options. (see contract) They are also currently trying to reproduce these off-patent meds so they can profit directly. (see anti-viral development)

+ Commissioned MDs in additional measures to stress vaccine-only.

+ The NIH is threatening MDs (licence) and researchers (funding) for "misinformation" which is defining as anything that questions the vaccine. ("The Noble Lie")

+ Vaccine providers are not advertising on TV so they don't have to list all of the side effects found in trials and in the rollout thus far.

+ Pharma owns or has ownership interests in media outlets like Reuters, AP, and "FactChecker" sites

+ The NIH owns half of Moderna
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/statement-nih-barda-fda-emergency-use-authorization-moderna-covid-19-vaccine#:~:text=This innovative and monumental partnership,19 encoding a prefusion stabilized

Also, it doesn't work very well and you will need to receive it every 6 months until the end of time.

Otherwise, it's a quality, upstanding product that we have come to expect from our leaders who are in place to protect.

Last edited:
That's not my experience or observations. And, its hard to get accurate data from individuals when it is subjective, one way or the other. And conversely, don't discount the health issues and negative effects one may suffer from contracting COVID, as there are plenty out there. And as far as natural immunity goes, it is not lifelong, similar to the vaccine results.

I know its customary for people on both sides to present all the negative data and the "you gonna die" approach to either vaccines or no vaccines. But as it stands right now, until I can see otherwise, the benefits of the vaccine outweighs the risks.

You're speaking directly to the issue at hand. Why do we have a $5 billion+ website for healthcare and a $50 website for adverse reports of injury? The answer which many believe, including those in the healthcare industry, is that it's by design. All of the concerns/doubts you expressed is exactly what they want you to think.....it's difficult to determine what is fact from fiction. It's difficult to determine that the injury was due to the vaccine or something else. etc. This is why I posted the Harvard study as well. Because even if there's a % that were indeed falsified, the number who are injured that actually report issues is between .03 and 10%.

In addition, you've just named someone you knew who had a reaction. I can name several, including 3 people who have had serious issues ongoing issues (stroke/left side paralysis, blood pressure issues, heart) My friends have friends who have been impacted. It's not that uncommon at all.

In terms of heart inflammation, I work in the hospital industry and they are readily aware of the many issues as relates to the vaccine. My mother-in-law had this happen 3 weeks following the 2nd shot and the MDs told her that they typically see several patients a day with this complaint. The chief of Cardiology at the hospital told us "we just don't know enough about the vaccine and it's longer-term side effects at this point." That's code for "we're not supposed to talk about it" which is in the contract between providers and countries. She's been in the hospital 3x and they've been treating her with anti-inflammatories to help mitigate the ongoing abberent response.

In my profession, I've received concerns from MDs, Nurses, Hospital Admins and other healthcare workers concerning these issues. I've also posted experts from Harvard, Stanford, UPENN, Cornell, NYU, Northwestern and other top medical institutions echoing similar sentiment.

Look at the number of healthcare workers who are resisting after almost 2 years of treating COVID patients. Why? SaltLife mentioned his daughter works in ICU and paid 3K+ for the antibodies instead of the "free" vaccine. Why? There's others on this site with direct testimonials as well.

Below is one of my posts from yesterday which highlights just some of issues/conflicts. If you took any of this issues and spotlighted, you could find ways to rationalize. When you take them as a collective group, there's no explanation. "Why are they refusing to test for natural immunity" should also be included, as it's one question Fauci continues to deflect and state "he's not sure why?" That's pretty telling.

I would like to see your data on heart inflammation when you have a chance, as it flies in the face of everything I've seen to date.

----------------------------------

There are now over 3 million reports of adverse reactions collectively on the US and EU adverse sites (primarily Pfizer and Moderna Countries.)

In addition:

+ Indemnity which speaks directly to uncertainty of risk. (see contract)

+ No long-term studies in humans; Terrible long-term studies in animals (see Pfizer doc)

+ A gag order on discussing vaccine injuries. (see contract)

+ No informed consent of risk found during trials such as ADE
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/
("The specific and significant COVID-19 risk of ADE should have been and should be prominently and independently disclosed to research subjects currently in vaccine trials, as well as those being recruited for the trials and future patients after vaccine approval, in order to meet the medical ethics standard of patient comprehension for informed consent.)

+ A gag order against effective/safer early treatment options. (see contract) They are also currently trying to reproduce these off-patent meds so they can profit directly. (see anti-viral development)

+ Commissioned MDs in additional measures to stress vaccine-only.

+ The NIH is threatening MDs (licence) and researchers (funding) for "misinformation" which is defining as anything that questions the vaccine. ("The Noble Lie")

+ Vaccine providers are not advertising on TV so they don't have to list all of the side effects found in trials and in the rollout thus far.

+ Pharma owns or has ownership interests in media outlets like Reuters, AP, and "FactChecker" sites

+ The NIH owns half of Moderna
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/statement-nih-barda-fda-emergency-use-authorization-moderna-covid-19-vaccine#:~:text=This innovative and monumental partnership,19 encoding a prefusion stabilized

Also, it doesn't work very well and you will need to receive it every 6 months until the end of time.

Otherwise, it's a quality, upstanding product that we have come to expect from our leaders who are in place to protect.

The Harvard study you posted and called "recent" is over 10 years old. It covered data from December 2007 through September 2010. It was done a long time before COVID. In other words, it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

I think the VAERS system has worked well - for what it's supposed to be used for. But it's only as good as the data that people report.

Since my children were kids (long time ago now), when receiving a vaccine, I received the information to report any adverse events to VAERS. It was up to me to report it, good or bad- right or wrong.

It was never an issue and certainly wasn't a political issue. Then comes COVID and all of a sudden there are people promoting the idea of reporting false information to VAERS to serve their political goals. That's regrettable because that skews the real data- whatever that real data would be (good, bad, somewhere in the middle).

I'm not going to debate the medical issues with you. I'm not a doctor.

All I can do is say that my doctor recommended that I get the vaccine. My son's cardiologist at Prisma Health Richland Hospital recommended my son get the vaccine this past summer when he had a procedure. I asked him point blank "what about the reactions and side effects?"

His response to me was - and I'll quote him to the best of my ability "anything is always possible but I have seen very few heart issues related to what might be the vaccine, none have been serious, but I have a number of admitted hospital patients right now I'm treating because of heart involvement because of COVID and you don't want that at all"

Point made. It's all a risk assessment. There is no risk free option in anything.

It's clear we don't see things the same. I doubt further engagement is going to change that.

Last edited:
That's not my experience or observations. And, its hard to get accurate data from individuals when it is subjective, one way or the other. And conversely, don't discount the health issues and negative effects one may suffer from contracting COVID, as there are plenty out there. And as far as natural immunity goes, it is not lifelong, similar to the vaccine results.

I know its customary for people on both sides to present all the negative data and the "you gonna die" approach to either vaccines or no vaccines. But as it stands right now, until I can see otherwise, the benefits of the vaccine outweighs the risks.

Doc, you're always measured and kind in your responses, and I appreciate your point of view.

There are several studies suggesting natural immunity could last for years, if not a lifetime. From what I understand, in the long term they eventually move to bone marrow and it requires a unique form of testing.

Regarding experience vs observation, the lack of data in the US is at the heart of the issue. This is exactly the message all of the true experts at these major medical institutions continue to hammer. Just look at the number of MDs who have broken ranks in the past few months to voice concerns. It's not a small number.

In terms of the benefits outweighing the risks, wouldn't that depend on your control group and age? Below is yet ANOTHER pre-print study released this week stating boys between the ages of 12 and 15, with no underlying medical conditions, were four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than they were to be hospitalized with COVID.

There are similiar studies for anyone outside of high risks groups. And this is just ONE issue in the spotlight among the many. It's also less than one year into the vaccination rollout. MDs who specialize in vaccine safety are concerned about year 3, 5 and 10.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.21262866v1

The Harvard study you posted and called "recent" is over 10 years old. It covered data from December 2007 through September 2010. It was done a long time before COVID. In other words, it's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

I think the VAERS system has worked well - for what it's supposed to be used for. But it's only as good as the data that people report. It was up to me to report it, good or bad- right or wrong.

Since my children were kids (long time ago now), when receiving a vaccine, I received the information to report any adverse events to VAERS.

It was never an issue and certainly wasn't a political issue. Then comes COVID and all of a sudden there are people promoting the idea of reporting false information to VAERS to serve their political goals. That's regrettable because that skews the real data- whatever that real data would be (good, bad, somewhere in the middle).

I'm not going to debate the medical issues with you. I'm not a doctor.

All I can do is say that my doctor recommended that I get the vaccine. My son's cardiologist at Prisma Health Richland Hospital recommended my son get the vaccine this past summer when he had a procedure. I asked him point blank "what about the reactions and side effects?"

His response to me was - and I'll quote him to the best of my ability "anything is always possible but I have seen very few heart issues related to what might be the vaccine, none have been serious, but I have a number of admitted hospital patients right now I'm treating because of heart involvement because of COVID and you don't want that at all"

Point made. It's all a risk assessment. There is no risk free option in anything.

It's clear we don't see things the same. I doubt further engagement is going to change that.

Thanks for the response.

What would invalidate the Harvard study of that nature within a decade? There's also been other studies which have come to a similar conclusion.

Why do you believe VAERs has worked well? That has to be a random hope/opinion because there's no way to measure - again, by design.

Your MD is likely recommending because it's a policy that's being handed down. It has nothing to do with their insider knowledge of the vaccine, as that doesn't exist beyond today and the information that they have released in the US is next to none. (hence, UK and Israel in the spotlight) They also receive financial incentive for each person they vaccinate.

It's totally a risk assessment and it's time for our leaders to start demanding full transparency and informed consent. Would still appreciate that info on COVID heart issues exceediing vaccine-related heart issues when you have a chance.

What protection does it offer? I'm curious. Are you wearing an N95 or KN95? If not please link to a study showing any preventative qualities of another mask.

It's not rocket science that a layered barrier will reduce the aspiration of a viral load. How sick a person gets with covid often depends upon how much of the viral load they inhale or how much of the load they exhale that infects others.

Is draft deferment anything but a made up excuse anymore?

Biden

Trump and his fake bone spurs

Bush got a sweet deal with the Texas National Guard to avoid Vietnam.

Dick Cheney avoided Vietnam with deferments.

Bill Clinton deferment.

Aren't we passed this now? Everyone has proven many times now they'll overlook avoiding military service if it's their favorite politician.

There's only one who bragged about it.

Doc, you're always measured and kind in your responses, and I appreciate your point of view.

There are several studies suggesting natural immunity could last for years, if not a lifetime. From what I understand, in the long term they eventually move to bone marrow and it requires a unique form of testing.

Regarding experience vs observation, the lack of data in the US is at the heart of the issue. This is exactly the message all of the true experts at these major medical institutions continue to hammer. Just look at the number of MDs who have broken ranks in the past few months to voice concerns. It's not a small number.

In terms of the benefits outweighing the risks, wouldn't that depend on your control group and age? Below is yet ANOTHER pre-print study released this week stating boys between the ages of 12 and 15, with no underlying medical conditions, were four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than they were to be hospitalized with COVID.

There are similiar studies for anyone outside of high risks groups. And this is just ONE issue in the spotlight among the many. It's also less than one year into the vaccination rollout. MDs who specialize in vaccine safety are concerned about year 3, 5 and 10.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.21262866v1
Appreciate that. I still disagree with most of your points, although one aspect that you often stress is the recommendation to improve one's personal health through diet, exercise, vitamins, weight control, etc. While the healthy may still become ill, they stand a much greater chance of having milder disease and the mortality rate is decreased. Most people don't want to do that, however. And they claim "I am in great health, but I still got COVID", yet their idea of "great health" is pretty far off course.

I chose to receive the vaccine not so much to prevent my death, but because I want to reduce my chances of become severely ill. I don't want to get sick! Same reason I receive the flu shot annually. And pneumonia vaccine, and shingles vaccine. I suppose I am less afraid to take a leap of faith than others. The vast majority of physician colleagues that I'm acquainted with have also received the vaccination as well. But sometimes you can't rely on doctors' personal habits and life choices either, for some of them exhibit some of the most UN-healthy lifestyles you will ever see!

Appreciate that. I still disagree with most of your points, although one aspect that you often stress is the recommendation to improve one's personal health through diet, exercise, vitamins, weight control, etc. While the healthy may still become ill, they stand a much greater chance of having milder disease and the mortality rate is decreased. Most people don't want to do that, however. And they claim "I am in great health, but I still got COVID", yet their idea of "great health" is pretty far off course.

I chose to receive the vaccine not so much to prevent my death, but because I want to reduce my chances of become severely ill. I don't want to get sick! Same reason I receive the flu shot annually. And pneumonia vaccine, and shingles vaccine. I suppose I am less afraid to take a leap of faith than others. The vast majority of physician colleagues that I'm acquainted with have also received the vaccination as well. But sometimes you can't rely on doctors' personal habits and life choices either, for some of them exhibit some of the most UN-healthy lifestyles you will ever see!

Totally agree. My issue is the mandates and the logic behind forcing people to take something with no justification or cause.

As you probably well know, the studies on other non-vaccine therapies (including Vit D) look very good and include some level of actual protection along with long-term safety data.

There is no reason for MDs not to be able to prescribe, and pharmacists refusing to fill. There's no reason to fire 30-40% of healthcare workers who have been on the frontlines for 2 years. That's not the practice of good medicine. That's tyranny, collusion and criminal behavior.

Opiods are a great example. Look at the damage/deaths/addiction they have caused and the money that was made along the way. The warning signs were there from the onset. They simply don't care until they are forced to care. It's all about money and what they can get away with. Mandating an unknown, experimental therapy that doesn't provide protection makes absolutely zero sense.

"One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic."

Last edited:
Reactions: chief2791
Reactions: chief2791
Reactions: cockofdawn
I'm not political, but this is a true statement below. If something doesn't change, we're going to have a 78-year old Trump versus an 82-year old Biden in 2024. Our country deserves better than this.

Just because a politician doesn't have people with his or her name on a hat or don't try to run opponents' campaign buses off the interstate, doesn't mean that is an indication of lack of support. The fanatics are quite concerning. If that is how we gauge things from now on, it is pretty sad. The idea that the President should be that influential is scary.

Reactions: scbirdhunter
Why does the AMA still stand behind their survey as does Forbes and every other source I've checked. So you believe yahoo is more credible in their reporting? AAPS is a small special interest group and not so well known.

It's a sample size of 300 which they likely gamed to further advertise the vaccine in click-bait material. That's our new world. The idea that 96% of physicians are vaccinated is ridiculous.

My neighbor is a nurse at a hospital in Charleston and she has stated on several occasions that the hesitancy extends to MDs and that they often joke about "saline shows" to satisfy the mob.

You can't have up the half of the healthcare force threatening to walk-out and 96% of the physicians being vaccinated. Those numbers don't gel at all.

That shows tactlessness, not bragging.

I'd say some of both. You probably aren't old enough to remember that if drafted during Viet Nam in all likelihood you would be going there. While many GI's there contracted STD Trump boasts that ( by avoiding the draft ) he was lucky enough not to contract a STD here.

Last edited:
It's a sample size of 300 which they likely gamed to further advertise the vaccine in click-bait material. That's our new world. The idea that 96% of physicians are vaccinated is ridiculous.

My neighbor is a nurse at a hospital in Charleston and she has stated on several occasions that the hesitancy extends to MDs and that they often joke about "saline shows" to satisfy the mob.

You can't have up the half of the healthcare force threatening to walk-out and 96% of the physicians being vaccinated. Those numbers don't gel at all.

I'll stick with the American Medical Association finding vs suppositions.

Reactions: scbirdhunter
Why does the AMA still stand behind their survey as does Forbes and every other source I've checked. So you believe yahoo is more credible in their reporting? AAPS is a small special interest group and not so well known.
The number is also backed up by hospitals who have released information about their vaccine levels where the typically have seen around 95% of their staff being vaccinated. I know the stories make it sound like health systems are being abandoned but that doesn’t seem to hold true based on the numbers released to this point.

T Would still appreciate that info on COVID heart issues exceediing vaccine-related heart issues when you have a chance.

Not sure what you expect me to provide.

I didn't ask my son's cardiologist to disclose what his admitted patients are dealing with in terms of heart issues. Wasn't my business. He simply volunteered general information about what he was seeing at Prisma Richland when I asked him if it was ok for my son to take the vaccine because of my concern with side effects.

The cardiologists we talked with were:

Their recommendations are born out by the data.

My guess, based on my son's own visit, was that he had a number of patients in the hospital with COVID and that he had been consulting with because they were now also dealing with heart issues.

Right before my friend died of COVID, his family texted me to say that his kidneys were damaged and his once strong heart was showing signs of severe stress with an irregular heartbeat due to the damage COVID was doing to multiple organs.

Reactions: PaleoCock
I'm not political, but this is a true statement below. If something doesn't change, we're going to have a 78-year old Trump versus an 82-year old Biden in 2024. Our country deserves better than this.

Amen.

I so wish we had two competent, responsible, empathetic, reasonable, consensus building candidates that had experience in private industry but also the non-profit world that had solid success (not perfection).

Both willing to not use insults, both willing to work with other people to solve big problems, with an eye on fiscal responsibility but not at the expense of providing basics for the "least of these."

Both willing to tell the more extreme elements of their own party (The squad, Nancy, Chuck, Mitch, Louie Gohmert and Jim Jordan) to go pound sand.

Neither would have a shot at winning though in today's world. But they'd have my support.

My brother is a nurse supervisor. I texted him a few mins ago and asked him about his hospital. He said the last number he saw at his hospital which includes physicians, nurses, and medical assistants was 94% at his workplace. I asked him about doctors that he works with and he said every doctor he works with has stated they are vaccinated.

Most of the physicians he works with belong to a very large medical practice with many locations. They have a vaccine mandate in place since late summer. Before they implemented the mandate, over 80% of the physicians had been vaccinated. Their issue is with some office personnel and administrative support employees.

I suspect the data showing the large majority of physicians are vaccinated is correct.

That was a claim by the AMA based on a survey of 300 physicians which turned out not to be true: (similar to the 95% effective)

https://www.yahoo.com/now/majority-physicians-decline-covid-shots-174600201.html

The odd thing about your link here is that it's a cut and paste from a press release- not a news article. But the article doesn't make that clear.

It's also "an internet survey" conducted by filling out a Google Doc. There is no verification that the person filling out the form is even a physician.

Boy, I wish those were legit. But they don't post their methodology to determine what quality control was in place to verify who filled out the form. How many people voted 10 times? We don't know if any did because they didn't post how their survey was conducted.

That's borderline unethical by Yahoo News to simply cut and paste a Press Release and pass it off as a news article.

It's totally acceptable to call into question such information. If the press release was a survey from Planned Parenthood or some big city union, I suspect you'd ignore the info if someone posted it and then you realized the link was simply a press release and the poll was an internet survey compiled by filling out a Google document.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy.

Not sure I'd be quoting from a physician group that was formed expressly by politically motivated folks that also has a very interesting history of promoting some odd things.

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Either vaxed or not vaxed. If you were treated for covid , what was your process in getting the monoclonal treatment. There is so much misinformation online I thought I’d check to see if anyone on here can share their treatment progress - did you go to your dr? Anyone do a video appt and get access ?

—- specifically with the monoclonal antibody treatment.
my wife had covid this past week, got an online visit with her family practice doc on Monday, the doc submitted the paperwork to get the infusion. This was on her worst day of having it, about day 6. She got the infusion two hours after her on line appointment at Lex Med, two days later she was bouncing off the walls (in a good way), and continues to do well.
FWIW, she is NOT vaxxd but there were a total of 4 people in the clinic when she was receiving the infusion and all 3 of others were double vaxxd.
Very small sample size but this is a pandemic of the unvaxxd and don't you ever forget it.

Reactions: section907
If that's true then apparently a lot more people hated trump than supported him.

I would disagree. You have to start with the around 45% on each side who are going to vote party line no matter what.

The split with people who chose to vote for and against Trump was just those last 5 or so %. Imho. So the difference was a percent or two, not of the population, but of the much smaller voting population.

But we're splitting hairs there, just to make political jabs.

And to be fair, I do think that's what this election boiled down to for that deciding group. Supporting Trump vs wanting the mean tweets to stop, and a return to "normal" politics.

I would disagree. You have to start with the around 45% on each side who are going to vote party line no matter what.

The split with people who chose to vote for and against Trump was just those last 5 or so %. Imho. So the difference was a percent or two, not of the population, but of the much smaller voting population.

But we're splitting hairs there, just to make political jabs.

And to be fair, I do think that's what this election boiled down to for that deciding group. Supporting Trump vs wanting the mean tweets to stop, and a return to "normal" politics.
Well trump said he won by a landslide (his words, not mine) in 2016 even though he lost the popular vote. Biden won the same number of electoral votes as trump did when he claimed a landslide victory and also won the popular vote by approx 7 million votes. So either trump is wrong or was lying to you about his landslide victory. Then again he repeatedly told everybody in the country that a foreign country was going to pay for a massive wall to be built in our country. A ton of gullible idiots actually believed it. I gotta hand it to the guy though, if you can sell people on a totally implausible con like that, you are certainly a superb salesman.

Well trump said he won by a landslide (his words, not mine) in 2016 even though he lost the popular vote. Biden won the same number of electoral votes as trump did when he claimed a landslide victory and also won the popular vote by approx 7 million votes. So either trump is wrong or was lying to you about his landslide victory. Then again he repeatedly told everybody in the country that a foreign country was going to pay for a massive wall to be built in our country. A ton of gullible idiots actually believed it. I gotta hand it to the guy though, if you can sell people on a totally implausible con like that, you are certainly a superb salesman.

Not sure what that response has to do with my post, other than to just extend the tired old same insults thrown back and forth.

I mean, I could respond with some of the pathetic lies told by Biden, but then this thread could go on forever, the same boring political jabs thrown around for the ten thousandth time.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT