ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been treated for Covid by monoclonal antibodies treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would disagree. You have to start with the around 45% on each side who are going to vote party line no matter what.

The split with people who chose to vote for and against Trump was just those last 5 or so %. Imho. So the difference was a percent or two, not of the population, but of the much smaller voting population.

But we're splitting hairs there, just to make political jabs.

And to be fair, I do think that's what this election boiled down to for that deciding group. Supporting Trump vs wanting the mean tweets to stop, and a return to "normal" politics.
The "mean tweets" line is absolutely disingenuous and old. I won't get into it more, but it is just laughable to boil the 5 years down to that.

The "mean tweets" line is absolutely disingenuous and old. I won't get into it more, but it is just laughable to boil the 5 years down to that.

Political comments on both sides are usually laughable. One side doesn't hold a monopoly on that.

Edit: Want to hear something truly sad? (And admittedly anecdotal.) I talked personally with couple people who uttered that sentiment almost verbatim.

Political comments on both sides are usually laughable. One side doesn't hold a monopoly on that.

Edit: Want to hear something truly sad? (And admittedly anecdotal.) I talked personally with couple people who uttered that sentiment almost verbatim.
I know people do. The both sides thing is true to an extent, but the way in which people act like a manchild as President is just the other side of the coin is dumb and counterproductive.

I know people do. The both sides thing is true to an extent, but the way in which people act like a manchild as President is just the other side of the coin is dumb and counterproductive.

Meh. One side has a manchild, one side has a senile puppet suffering from dementia.

Kind of makes me want to burn both sides down and start over.

Edit: which ironically was Paleos point before the tangent.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
Totally agree. My issue is the mandates and the logic behind forcing people to take something with no justification or cause.

As you probably well know, the studies on other non-vaccine therapies (including Vit D) look very good and include some level of actual protection along with long-term safety data.

There is no reason for MDs not to be able to prescribe, and pharmacists refusing to fill. There's no reason to fire 30-40% of healthcare workers who have been on the frontlines for 2 years. That's not the practice of good medicine. That's tyranny, collusion and criminal behavior.

Opiods are a great example. Look at the damage/deaths/addiction they have caused and the money that was made along the way. The warning signs were there from the onset. They simply don't care until they are forced to care. It's all about money and what they can get away with. Mandating an unknown, experimental therapy that doesn't provide protection makes absolutely zero sense.

"One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic."

Couldn't agree more. NYC was in an uproar this week over the mandates. It was almost impossible to get around without major wait times.

Why are they mandating a vaccine that isn't providing any real level of protection from getting the virus? No wonder the entire world upset right now. This is tyrannical behavior.

Very small sample size but this is a pandemic of the unvaxxd and don't you ever forget it.
"I can tell you if I would go back in time, we would be vaccinated without a doubt," said Renee. "I would do a lot of things differently. We underestimated the illness. We had the mentality of a 99.5% recovery rate, and my husband is that 0.5 that's not going to recover."
This lady needs a miracle.

This lady needs a miracle.

Maybe it would have helped as his BMI is clearly high. (picture) This would be true of many COVID interventions though.

The bottom line: If it's not offering protection from infection, why are we demanding people take it?

It's the equilavent of demanding that every person who has cancer take chemo.

Not our business.

Fortunately, Republicans governors aren't part of that contract. Hopefully Biden won't cut our supply like he did for Desantis and Florida once he figured out it was helping.
That or the top secret contract is just another BS Twitter thing that a certain poster likes to pretend is an actual thing. McMaster also probably wouldn’t have been able to do the commercial if they didn’t start diverting the supplies to everyone else who was trying to get them as well.

That or the top secret contract is just another BS Twitter thing that a certain poster likes to pretend is an actual thing. McMaster also probably wouldn’t have been able to do the commercial if they didn’t start diverting the supplies to everyone else who was trying to get them as well.

Always forget you do better with TIKTOK, Diz.

Here are the EU Parliament Members for reference. (link)

Read the contract.

Last edited:
Always forget you do better with TIKTOK, Diz.

Here are the EU Parliament Members for reference. (link)

Read the contract.

I love things like this. Of course agreements in terms of pricing, timelines and distribution have to be signed but since things are blacked out you can just make up whatever you want about it. How do you know that the sections in question don’t require payments by Royale with Cheese?

I love things like this. Of course agreements in terms of pricing, timelines and distribution have to be signed but since things are blacked out you can just make up whatever you want about it. How do you know that the sections in question don’t require payments by Royale with Cheese?

royale-with-cheese-pulp-fiction.gif

Reactions: Dizzy01

True. It's only the Legislative body of 27 countries. No doubt this is their first foray into contract law.

True. It's only the Legislative body of 27 countries. No doubt this is their first foray into contract law.

I saw some of the contract. It's all still online I think. It was terrible and held countries over a barrel under duress. It basically stated that they have no idea if their product works, or if it's safe. However, they want full indemnity, or the asset equivalent, so they cannot be sued for any damages if the product is no good and that any side effect discussions related to the vaccine were to be discouraged. My favorite part was when they said that if there's another product that turns out to be effective against COVID (this is funny itself), the governments still have to fulfill their 10 year contract obligation - not just current inventory and related expenses. Real gentlemen!

Reactions: PaleoCock
Eight pages of dissenting opinion. In today's divisive climate you really have to be your own person. I got the Pfizer vaccine X 2 and still got Covid. This after Biden and Fauci stated 95% effectiveness. That's what I signed up for. That's what I did not get. But I weighed the risk myself.

I'll get the booster November 22. Why? Not because of what people like Biden and Fauci recommend but because I got a mild case after the vaccine. I change channels when the CDC lady, Biden or Fauci speak. They all misrepresent and politicize this virus IMO.

All I need to know is that when they don't mandate illegal immigrants at the southern border but they mandate military, first responders, cops, etc. then I am very suspect. This will be an interesting week because the foolish mandate will put lives at risk. NYC is likely going to be a mess. None of this was a calculated risk by this current administration but it should have been.

My opinion? Protect the vulnerable, promote (rather than mandate) vaccines and let this thing run its course. Pump more funds into treatments.. No more lock downs which practically ruined this country. Make masks optional. They don't work and the likes of Biden, Chicago mayor, Gavin Newsome, Pelosi and others violate their own created mask hysteria.

Saw a doctor comment that most of these masks are the equivalent of a cyclone fence stopping mosquitoes.

Last edited:
Eight pages of dissenting opinion. In today's divisive climate you really have to be your own person. I got the Pfizer vaccine X 2 and still got Covid. This after Biden and Fauci stated 95% effectiveness. That's what I signed up for. That's what I did not get. But I weighed the risk myself.

I'll get the booster November 22. Why? Not because of what people like Biden and Fauci recommend but because I got a mild case after the vaccine. I change channels when the CDC lady, Biden or Fauci speak. They all misrepresent and politicize this virus IMO.

All I need to know is that when they don't mandate illegal immigrants at the southern border but they mandate military, first responders, cops, etc. then I am very suspect. This will be an interesting week because the foolish mandate will put lives at risk. NYC is likely going to be a mess. None of this was a calculated risk by this current administration but it should have been.

My opinion? Protect the vulnerable, promote (rather than mandate) vaccines and let this thing run its course. Pump more funds into treatments.. No more lock downs which practically ruined this country. Make masks optional. They don't work and the likes of Biden, Chicago mayor, Gavin Newsome, Pelosi and others violate their own created mask hysteria.

Saw a doctor comment that most of these masks are the equivalent of a cyclone fence stopping mosquitoes.
Obviously, illegal immigrants are just immune to the virus. I'm going to the border to have one of them bite me, like a vampire, so I can also be immune.

Or you could look at it as we are advertising it to get people to use it while other states more in need are waiting for supply.

Biden and Dr. Fauci stated 95% effectiveness as did thousands of other medical professionals because that's what the vaccine studies showed.

But Donald Trump also said the same thing. So let's not leave him out either. I mean if we are mentioning politicians, let's mention the key players to be fair.

Anyone can read the study conclusions for themselves - https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

But you left out something- the vaccine studies also said the COVID vaccines drastically reduced the likelihood of hospitalization and death from COVID - which has proven to be the case with numerous published studies as well as data sets from many states, hospitals, hospital systems, the federal government, university studies from not only the United States but many universities around the world.

Biden and Dr. Fauci stated 95% effectiveness as did thousands of other medical professionals because that's what the vaccine studies showed.

But Donald Trump also said the same thing. So let's not leave him out either. I mean if we are mentioning politicians, let's mention the key players to be fair.

Anyone can read the study conclusions for themselves - https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

But you left out something- the vaccine studies also said the COVID vaccines drastically reduced the likelihood of hospitalization and death from COVID - which has proven to be the case with numerous published studies as well as data sets from many states, hospitals, hospital systems, the federal government, university studies from not only the United States but many universities around the world.

Let's assume everything you stated is true.

Why the mandates? Especially since we now know it doesn't provide any significant level of protection (recent studies state zero) and the CDC has also updated their definition of vaccines to reflect that fact.

This thread, along with many others, would not exist if the vaccines were simply offered as an option, versus a mandate which threatens to eliminate 30-40% of essential workers in a country that is 30 trillion in debt and hemorrhaging. That's not policy for a free society.

Below are just some of the protests going on in Europe this weekend, city by city. If you look closely, you'll see the population includes a large number of eldery as well. I'm sure there's a decent portion who are vaccinated. However, they also understand the bigger picture and what is at stake.

Last edited:
The dipshits on this board in SC are absolutely pathethic. Politics over real science. Ya'll are a bunch of ignorant monkeys. Its actually painful to try and read some of the posts. Are you people really that ignorant to believe the government is trying to control you or your thoughts and this vaccine is some sort of political mechanism to make sure you elect one loser over another based on political parties? Crazy. We have been taking shots for our survival or health for 100 years. Nothings changed. Geezus

The dipshits on this board in SC are absolutely pathethic. Politics over real science. Ya'll are a bunch of ignorant monkeys. Its actually painful to try and read some of the posts. Are you people really that ignorant to believe the government is trying to control you or your thoughts and this vaccine is some sort of political mechanism to make sure you elect one loser over another based on political parties? Crazy. We have been taking shots for our survival or health for 100 years. Nothings changed. Geezus

Could care less about politics. I do care about a tyrannical leader who is choosing to go against advice of his own experts, whether it be military or health policy, with absolutely no justification to do so.

Maybe we don't believe all vaccines are the same? Maybe we don't assign zero risk to a vaccine that has had significant issues while each unchartered day brings new information about these issues? Maybe we would prefer a different form of treatment or early prevention similar to the one your daughter opted for?

Reactions: 01fatboy

Biden was providing misinformation as late as this past July (when it was well-known that breakthroughs were happening at an alarming higher rate than anticipated)--

BIDEN: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” — town hall.

(This is why his "handlers" try to keep him from answering questions by just turning his back and walking away).

Nice equivocation by dragging Trump into this since he essentially wasn't President for 90% of the time the vaccine has been in existence. So who cares what he thinks?

The mandates are a bridge too far for many Americans. You will see for yourself this week across America.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Why would anyone refuse the vaccine yet gladly accept covid treatment in a hospital?

In both cases they would have to trust the science.
umm, if getting the vaccine prevented you from actually getting it, might help. also, some of these were vaccinated. some people might wonder why you would get 1, 2 and even 3 shots and still able to catch it. everybody has reasons for what they do, some think your reasons arent very smart.. live and let live

umm, if getting the vaccine prevented you from actually getting it, might help. also, some of these were vaccinated. some people might wonder why you would get 1, 2 and even 3 shots and still able to catch it. everybody has reasons for what they do, some think your reasons arent very smart.. live and let live

Those of us who follow the science and believe in the vaccine get it because it lessens the chance for hospitalization and death. No vaccine is 100% effective but what we do know is that the great majority of those who have died from covid were not vaccinated. My 89 year old vaccinated mother-in-law caught covid while in the hospital for a broken hip and compared it a case of the sniffles. She was over it in a couple of days without any treatment. Had she not been vaccinated and with all of her other health issues she would not have survived.

Reactions: saltlifeGamecock
Those of us who follow the science and believe in the vaccine get it because it lessens the chance for hospitalization and death.
That's why my parents and I got it. Moderna and J&J, respectively. Well, also to prevent catching it, but that doesn't seem to be a strong point of these vaccines. Still glad we got it though, because I know/knew two people that have died from coronavirus.

Reactions: PaleoCock
That's why my parents and I got it. Moderna and J&J, respectively. Well, also to prevent catching it, but that doesn't seem to be a strong point of these vaccines. Still glad we got it though, because I know/knew two people that have died from coronavirus.
So it's not a strong point if the vaccine prevents hospitalization and death??????

Reactions: chief2791
It does not stop you from getting it. It impedes you from dying or being intubated and dying from it. Paleocock doesnt get it. As most ignorant South Carolinians are sheep of Trump.

Let's assume everything you stated is true.

Why the mandates? Especially since we now know it doesn't provide any significant level of protection (recent studies state zero) and the CDC has also updated their definition of vaccines to reflect that fact.

because a lot of people have made the decision that control of the virus will only succeed if enough people avoid death, hospitalization, severe illness.

You can certainly post lots of pictures and videos of people against any mandate. But of course there are lots of people for the mandates so I'm not sure focusing on those against (or even for) is really useful.

We could face a mandate that people breathe oxygen and there will be a percentage of the population that protests such a dastardly deed. No real surprise these days.

I'm fine being mandated to get the vaccine. Heck, I'm mandated to do various things I like and some I don't. It's part of sharing the planet with other people. But that's me.

I have bigger issues to be concerned about personally that have nothing do with this issue, or any political issue.

This issue would have more relevance to me if I saw some consistency on the issue. I've called 4 politicians in the last 3 weeks on vaccine mandates - 3 are South Carolina politicians and one is the office of Ron DeSantis in Florida (no one picked up in his particular office which is standard practice from what I have learned) - asking if they will be resending the vaccine mandates they've had in place for years for tens of thousands of school age citizens.

I've yet to get a response. In the case of 3 South Carolina politicians, I left my cell number and home address and asked the administrative assistants for each of the 3 to call me back with an answer as soon as possible. I also advised I'd like to speak to them personally over the phone or make an appointment to visit with them in their offices on state house grounds if at all possible. No one has returned my call. I'll be calling them for the 2nd time later this week trying to get an answer.

Last edited:
It does not stop you from getting it. It impedes you from dying or being intubated and dying from it. Paleocock doesnt get it. As most ignorant South Carolinians are sheep of Trump.

What don't I get? I"m personally not a vaccine fan and believe there's better, safer options - you know, like the one your daughter opted for.

However, also believe it should be available to the high risk along with all other therapies.

What am I missing?

Some people intentionally conflate different aspects of it. But there is nothing you can do about it.

People have their minds made up and nothing in the world will ever change it- not in a million years.

We've all likely seen video of people on oxygen in hospitals suffering from COVID who deny they have COVID. Some have denied it until their last forced breath. More will die of it.

I've listened to people explain that "God told me the vaccine wasn't safe" and then I hear someone else sitting right near them say "I prayed and God made it clear that the vaccine was safe"

it is what it is.

Reactions: saltlifeGamecock
because a lot of people have made the decision that control of the virus will only succeed if enough people avoid death, hospitalization, severe illness.

You can certainly post lots of pictures and videos of people against any mandate. But of course there are lots of people for the mandates so I'm not sure focusing on those against (or even for) is really useful.

We could face a mandate that people breathe oxygen and there will be a percentage of the population that protests such a dastardly deed. No real surprise these days.

I don't get my back up on the issue. I'm totally fine being mandated to get the vaccine. Heck, I'm mandated to do various things I like and some I don't. It's part of sharing the planet with other people. But that's me.

I have bigger issues to be concerned about personally that have nothing do with this issue, or any political issue.

That just doesn't make any sense DeeDave? It's not offering protection from infection. Check the studies posted and the CDC website OR the daily articles of all the vaccinated getting infected. Today's spotlight "breakthrough case" is fully vaccinated, WH Press Secretary Jen Psaki.

If you are worried about hospitalizations, you would want them to skip the mandates, as the 30-40% of healthcare workers who are going to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT