ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone besides me like paper vs. mobile tickets

I despise paper tickets. Waste of paper. Waste of resources either mailing them to you or printing them out at home. Virtually everyone has their smartphone on them at all times. Whether it's a $10 rock show at my local punk rock club or the SECCG in Atlanta, the easiest, most convenient, most worry-free method is electronic.

On top of the objective waste of resources with paper ticketing, I also personally hate receiving mail and hate printing things. So I objectively and subjectively dislike paper tickets LOL.

I was at that game. Gamecocks would have beat anyone in the country that night. Raining threes.

I get the move to mobile tickets, but I will miss paper tickets. That was the main thing I collected. The oldest one I have is from the final men's game at the Carolina Coliseum (2002 NIT vs Ball State).

I get the move to mobile tickets, but I will miss paper tickets. That was the main thing I collected. The oldest one I have is from the final men's game at the Carolina Coliseum (2002 NIT vs Ball State).

You’re not that old then LOL

I appreciate electronic tickets for the environmental aspect and whatnot, but I’m always worried that I won’t be able to redeem my e-ticket, or Groupon or whatever for some unseen reason. Irrational fear, I know.

I despise paper tickets. Waste of paper. Waste of resources either mailing them to you or printing them out at home. Virtually everyone has their smartphone on them at all times. Whether it's a $10 rock show at my local punk rock club or the SECCG in Atlanta, the easiest, most convenient, most worry-free method is electronic.

On top of the objective waste of resources with paper ticketing, I also personally hate receiving mail and hate printing things. So I objectively and subjectively dislike paper tickets LOL.

I would be interested in knowing the cost to the university to print, and mail, all the tickets for the football and basketball seasons. I really can’t even ballpark-it myself - $200,000? More? Much less?

A lot of hate. You can’t be from the peace and love generation

Reactions: GMClemson33
I guess you won’t have to physically meet to purchase tickets on secondary market. Now scalpers can sell em from home

I appreciate electronic tickets for the environmental aspect and whatnot, but I’m always worried that I won’t be able to redeem my e-ticket, or Groupon or whatever for some unseen reason. Irrational fear, I know.

I bought some second hand a few years back, and it was a pdf emailed to me. I couldn't really be sure the guy didn't just email the same pdf to 10 people until the day of the game.

14bd0811974e9d9ddfa987db8b10b065.jpg

I'm a Tampa Bay season ticket holder and they send a credit card that they scan. You can go mobile if you like as well. But I do like the card system...they also scan it for beer and food, we get a 15% discount on all items,

The move to mobil tickets will bring countless problems and long lines at the games. Look what happened to PSU last year or even the Carolina Panthers. WIFI systems simply can't handle the volume to fans trying to log on to pull there tickets up. Just wait and you will see the problems.

Teams and venues should be making it easier to go to an event live in person rather than making it tougher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT