ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think...

Whether we played Marshall or not, my feelings have not changed. We played the toughest team on our schedule on Sept 8 and lost. The team that beat us is now ranked as the #2 team in the nation. Don't think we were capable of beating them unless we had played a near perfect game. which we failed to do.

However, the mistakes that we made that caused the score to be so lopsided are all correctable. I honestly do not think there are many teams out there who are automatically putting their game against us in the Win column. They will have a fight on their hands. With that in mind, we still have a chance to have a very good season and go to a very good bowl game.

Whether we played Marshall or not, my feelings have not changed. We played the toughest team on our schedule on Sept 8 and lost. The team that beat us is now ranked as the #2 team in the nation. Don't think we were capable of beating them unless we had played a near perfect game. which we failed to do.

However, the mistakes that we made that caused the score to be so lopsided are all correctable. I honestly do not think there are many teams out there who are automatically putting their game against us in the Win column. They will have a fight on their hands. With that in mind, we still have a chance to have a very good season and go to a very good bowl game.
You made seven discrete statements in that post. I agree with five of them completely and one of them tentatively. I disagree with one of them absolutely.

Reactions: Lakecock1

we will find out exactly what we have in the next 3 weeks. There will be absolutely no doubt.

I think Clemson and Kentucky are pretty confident they will beat us. Up to us to change that mentality. Well we?

Are all fan bases bi-polar like us ?

No we have just been burned more frequently and coming of a beat down we are gun shy until we see us run the ball, pick up first downs and make our opponent punt and struggle to settle for FG.

Vandy playing well puts the fear of god in those of us that have 20,30,40+ years at this.

A win Saturday corrects the course, two wins in a row would be 66% of the way to a winning streak coming back to the house we need to start protecting “again”.

It’s all a process. I hope leaving that salty taste for an extra week provides the urgency needed.......we will see.

I’m sad we didn’t get to play.

I don't understand how anyone can think any game is a guarantee. Is it because Marshall is not a P5 and the assumption becomes "they just not on the same level of competition so therefore a victory is assured ?"
My guess Nebraska and Wisconsin fans had a W penciled in this past weekend.
I'm not sure if a bye week 3 weeks into the season would have any benefits at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT