ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone hearing any names pop up for DL coach

Somebody on Twitter floated that Marion Hobby was gaining traction. But who knows if the person in Twitter actually has a clue, or is just hoping. Hobby was on a lot of the lists when this deal started.

Somebody on Twitter floated that Marion Hobby was gaining traction. But who knows if the person in Twitter actually has a clue, or is just hoping. Hobby was on a lot of the lists when this deal started.
He'd also be a good one. He may have been Clemson's best position coach when he was there. I would guess he'd also want the co-DC label again if he were to come here.

Still like Bo Davis though.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I heard another name, but can't remember now. I have a hard enough time remembering my cousins' children's names. No room in my head for names of coaches I never heard of.

Someone posted on SECRant: Marion Hobby, John Scott Jr, Diron Reynolds, Bo Davis, Travis Jones, Derrick LeBlanc, Jimmy Brumbaugh.

Not sure why there are so many names being circulated. While they didn't mention a name, FootballScoop tweeted they thought Muschamp "already has his replacement lined up".

My son is a student at USC....says it will be a guy who was on west coast (stanford maybe?), but is from south carolina. I can't help much with the name...but I was unfamiliar with it.

My son is a student at USC....says it will be a guy who was on west coast (stanford maybe?), but is from south carolina. I can't help much with the name...but I was unfamiliar with it.

Maybe Diron Renolds. He and his family from Aiken. We played HS together but he is a couple years younger

USCALUMNI

I have a couple favorites on that list but you really couldn't go wrong with anyone from that list of names. Guess Lawing is a no go?

Reactions: rogue cock
That is a correct statement. Jamal Reynolds who played at FSU and Greenbay is his younger brother

USCALUMNI

Well, if you can connect him to muschamp somehow, maybe you have our man.

He did say that it was not definitive, so don't hang me if it does not happen (or does happen)

I have a couple favorites on that list but you really couldn't go wrong with anyone from that list of names. Guess Lawing is a no go?

I heard "no way" from a friend near the BOT. I liked Brad and we used to have him come speak at dinners before that was discouraged. He had several well discussed personal issues that may have tainted him too much for CWM.

I have to say the RB coach hire really seems to be a big deal thus far. I doubt the DL hire will be able to compete with the hype.

Well, if you can connect him to muschamp somehow, maybe you have our man.

He did say that it was not definitive, so don't hang me if it does not happen (or does happen)
Well, he was at Oklahoma in 2015-2016, Muschamp and Stoops seem to be pretty good friends.

I had no idea Diron Reynolds was a candidate until I read about in this thread. I do not get on Facebook anymore (He was one of my friends) but he has NFL as well as NCAA coaching experience. Minnesota Vikings, Stanford and Oklahoma I think. He played quarterback at Aiken High and played linebacker at Wake Forrest I think.

USCALUMNI

I had no idea Diron Reynolds was a candidate until I read about in this thread. I do not get on Facebook anymore (He was one of my friends) but he has NFL as well as NCAA coaching experience. Minnesota Vikings, Stanford and Oklahoma I think. He played quarterback at Aiken High and played linebacker at Wake Forrest I think.

USCALUMNI

Hey, I have no real idea....his name was just deduced by y'all from a comment I heard from a USC student!

I am in full denial mode on this landing on me! LOL

Someone posted on SECRant: Marion Hobby, John Scott Jr, Diron Reynolds, Bo Davis, Travis Jones, Derrick LeBlanc, Jimmy Brumbaugh.

Not sure why there are so many names being circulated. While they didn't mention a name, FootballScoop tweeted they thought Muschamp "already has his replacement lined up".

Reynolds name is mentioned here

USCALUMNI

Diron Reyonolds fits that description He is from Aiken and coaches at Stanford.

I heard "no way" from a friend near the BOT. I liked Brad and we used to have him come speak at dinners before that was discouraged. He had several well discussed personal issues that may have tainted him too much for CWM.

I have to say the RB coach hire really seems to be a big deal thus far. I doubt the DL hire will be able to compete with the hype.

Well, Thompson was accused by a player of having an affair with the mother of another player he was recruiting while at Bama. I don't know if that falls under the category of immorality. But it does seem pretty unprofessional. And Lawing's issues weren't enough to keep him from working at good programs.

Well, Thompson was accused by a player of having an affair with the mother of another player he was recruiting while at Bama. I don't know if that falls under the category of immorality. But it does seem pretty unprofessional. And Lawing's issues weren't enough to keep him from working at good programs.

That would be considered immoral if he was married I suppose. Was the player mad that he was not having an affair with his own mother? I missed out on this inside info.

Lawing had to leave Columbia because he wanted to stay married. Pretty sure there was some stalking going on. Maybe some partying. I am not judging.

Personally, would love to have Mangus and Lawing back. But anyways.

That would be considered immoral if he was married I suppose. Was the player mad that he was not having an affair with his own mother? I missed out on this inside info.

Lawing had to leave Columbia because he wanted to stay married. Pretty sure there was some stalking going on. Maybe some partying. I am not judging.

Personally, would love to have Mangus and Lawing back. But anyways.
I didn't know anything about Lawing stalking. I did hear he had an ugly domestic episode that eventually ended up in divorce. It's a shame when people let their basic instincts rule them. It looks like his stints at UF & FSU were good for him.

Here's the Thompson story: https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-cri...for-messing-around-with-blake-barnetts-mother
Thompson's wife filed for divorce when he left Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: rogue cock
If Lawing can do the job, let him have it. He has done a great job in the past. He already lives here and there should be no big hang up on hiring him.

I didn't know anything about Lawing stalking. I did hear he had an ugly domestic episode that eventually ended up in divorce. It's a shame when people let their basic instincts rule them. It looks like his stints at UF & FSU were good for him.

Here's the Thompson story: https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-cri...for-messing-around-with-blake-barnetts-mother
Thompson's wife filed for divorce when he left Tuscaloosa.

I was too vague....I am sorry.

Lawing was NOT stalking.....he was being stalked.

I was too vague....I am sorry.

Lawing was NOT stalking.....he was being stalked.
Oh. That's a horse of a different color. He's back in town so I guess that's no longer an issue. Can't imagine who would stalk him. LOL

Deke Adams is coming back. After all, he coached up a #1 draft pick.

The fact a replacement hasn't been named yet leads me to believe our next DL coach is currently coaching in the NFL.

Travis Jones, Marion Hobby, Bo Davis.

edit: I've seen on 3 places that the position has been offered to Hobby and waiting on answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT