ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here use a robot mower?

JDishnell

Oct 23, 2019
Just curious. I don't, and it wouldn't work with our yard, but they are proliferating on the market now. Started as kind of a novelty (and still seems that way to me), but there are 3 or 4 of them now available. Just curious if anyone here uses and what you think.

Just curious. I don't, and it wouldn't work with our yard, but they are proliferating on the market now. Started as kind of a novelty (and still seems that way to me), but there are 3 or 4 of them now available. Just curious if anyone here uses and what you think.
i'm curious about them, but not to the extent that I would go out an purchase one.

From the age of 9 years to the day I left home....I was the Robot! Gees, get your kids to earn their keep (if you have them). My dad NEVER had to tell me to mow the grass.... and I didn't get an allowance. If I wanted a yo-yo....I cut someone else's yard to earn the money for life's extras. That is why I don't owe for a thing in this world (beyond GOD's goodness and mercy). Not a copper penny from anyone since I left home.....Sorry, didn't mean to get on a soapbox. What a spoiled rotten world we live in today.

From the age of 9 years to the day I left home....I was the Robot! Gees, get your kids to earn their keep (if you have them). My dad NEVER had to tell me to mow the grass.... and I didn't get an allowance. If I wanted a yo-yo....I cut someone else's yard to earn the money for life's extras. That is why I don't owe for a thing in this world (beyond GOD's goodness and mercy). Not a copper penny from anyone since I left home.....Sorry, didn't mean to get on a soapbox. What a spoiled rotten world we live in today.

Nah, I'm there with ya. My dad grew up on a dairy farm so doing chores for an allowance was a foreign concept for him. Mowing the lawn with a push mower in Columbia, SC summer heat with the accompanying seasonal allergies was an experience.

My son was in Europe last summer and saw one being used. He thought it was really neat.

Aren't they generally limited to small yards of about 1/4 acre or less?

And, aren't they about the price of a pretty nice zero-turn mower that can cut several acres at a time?

I have a biologically based robot. He is 12 years old.

Hey guy, on a different subject, my oral surgery is now scheduled for May 5th at Clear Choice in Fort Mills, SC. Of course, Fort Mills is just a suburb of Charlotte. I was just wondering what your thoughts are relative to will Clear Choice even be able to perform the surgery by May 5th? I realize that anything would just be a guess at this point and it depends on when the Charlotte area will hit it's apex relative to Covid-19, etc, etc, etc. But do you have any rough guesses as to whether it will be likely that the surgery can be performed as early as May 5th? I'm ready to get it done. LOL! But, I want to be safe, too.

Hey guy, on a different subject, my oral surgery is now scheduled for May 5th at Clear Choice in Fort Mills, SC. Of course, Fort Mills is just a suburb of Charlotte. I was just wondering what your thoughts are relative to will Clear Choice even be able to perform the surgery by May 5th? I realize that anything would just be a guess at this point and it depends on when the Charlotte area will hit it's apex relative to Covid-19, etc, etc, etc. But do you have any rough guesses as to whether it will be likely that the surgery can be performed as early as May 5th? I'm ready to get it done. LOL! But, I want to be safe, too.
Don’t be surprised if they cancel it the week before and move it to June. I’m really not expecting us to get back to nonemergency procedures before the end of June personally. I believe we’ve got to get well past the peak of the curve before the Dental Board is going to change their “recommendation.” I hope I’m wrong on the date.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

And, aren't they about the price of a pretty nice zero-turn mower that can cut several acres at a time?

You're looking at a couple grand, at least.

I watched the promo video for the Husqvarna one a long time ago. If I recall, it could handle about a half acre.

Don’t be surprised if they cancel it the week before and move it to June. I’m really not expecting us to get back to nonemergency procedures before the end of June personally. I believe we’ve got to get well past the peak of the curve before the Dental Board is going to change their “recommendation.” I hope I’m wrong on the date.

Thank you again! My favorite Clemson poster. That is basically what my wife and I expected but just wanted to hear your thoughts. Clear Choice didn't officially cancel the last surgery date to just about a week before or maybe even less.

Reactions: ClemDent

No and kinda. I own the husqvarna 450x. I have a little over an acre of Bermuda. It will cut up to 1.5 acres I believe. It cuts my entire yard every 3 days. Because of this my yard looks better than it ever did when I cut it. Bermuda loves to be cut about every three days because that forces it to get thicker and not grow straight up.

An average decent zero turn is going to run you about 3.5k. I did instillation and purchasing the mower for about 3k but I did a lot of the work myself.

In my honest opinion, I will never go back to a zero turn or any riding mower. I can’t say enough good things about it.

I just watched a review and it wasn't nice to robot lawnmowers. The biggest thing to me is that the blades don't cut evenly and leaves jagged edges which makes your grass susceptible to disease. I have the blades of my Toro replaced or sharpened every year. (except this year)

Just FYI - It's Fort Mill. Hope your surgery goes well.

I think it’s a great concept and if it could open and close a gate that would be great. I think I’d rather have a robot edger as I find that far more annoying than simply cutting the grass.

No and kinda. I own the husqvarna 450x. I have a little over an acre of Bermuda. It will cut up to 1.5 acres I believe. It cuts my entire yard every 3 days. Because of this my yard looks better than it ever did when I cut it. Bermuda loves to be cut about every three days because that forces it to get thicker and not grow straight up.

An average decent zero turn is going to run you about 3.5k. I did instillation and purchasing the mower for about 3k but I did a lot of the work myself.

In my honest opinion, I will never go back to a zero turn or any riding mower. I can’t say enough good things about it.
Thanks. How close does it get on the edges? Do you still have to "weed-eat" around the edges?

I had one of those. After his first mow he asked me when we would get a riding mower. I told him I didn't need one anymore; I had him. Silly robot!
i heard you have to update the firmware on those things every saturday morning to get those lines nice and tight.

The cocks and tigers collide and lay down together. This is Biblical... :)

Maybe, just maybe, we can peacefully coexist? At least until football season? Ha ha. Y'all stay safe. Looking forward to normalcy, at which time maybe I will be more thankful. Perspective is important.

Well, my biorobots have been off to school but are temporarily back now. Reprogramming is difficult. I got one of those new-fangled riding mowers, so no worries.
schools tend to have proprietary programs installed meaning hard to over ride. takes younger skilled programmers to hack the system. you can’t use the old ip address anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT