ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone kow "TRUE" story on Conway coach Jordan?

I think he was a good coach but him and Coach Bentley definitely had a strained relationship from what I remember from some of their meetings.

I don't know what really happened but if I had to guess this kid came in the school not supposed to be there talked junk to Chuck and Chuck did what he had to do to shut him up. Bottom line is if everybody was where they were SUPPOSED to be none of this happens.

Above poster is very close to correct. Only this age of over the top political correctness caused this problem. From what I understand the coach was recently totally cleared. Whether he resumes head coaching duties is still up in the air, but I don't know why he shouldn't if he wants too. As far as him maybe not getting along with Bentley, that is not unusual. Bobby had a great team at Byrnes which draws the normal criticism, but Bobby was also a bit of a diva which just made it worse. No harm, no foul, that he wasn't overly fond of Bentley.

Coach Jordan is a class act. He did a lot for the young men who played for him. A lot of his players received scholarships because of the effort he put forth. He was an asset to the school and the community but I was told his contract will not be renewed after this year.

ADVERTISEMENT