ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone picking Wofford upsetting Arkansas Thursday night?

Wofford grad and I would love to see it happen but I fear this is a bad matchup for the terriers. Wofford needs a closely called game, good shooting night, and to commit 7 or less turnovers to have a chance.

With Coach Mike Young they have a chance --they beat NC State in Raleigh which is harder than beating Arkansas on a neutral court -- Wofford has a bunch of players who can shoot which is a rarity in college basketball --they need to slow down the tempo --Happy St Patrick's Day to all

There are always upsets in the 12-5 matchups, but this wouldn't be my first choice for an upset. I will probably go with Arkansas, but Wofford could easily win this one if they catch the Razorbacks sleeping. I just think after getting left out of the tournament last year (courtesy of your South Carolina Gamecocks by the way), Arkansas will be ready to play this week.

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:
Nope. I have the Swine going to the Sweet 16, sending the Tar Holes home in the process.
I've got Arkansas in my Elite Eight, every year I take one flyer this year Arkansas is it. Now that I think about it, probably pretty stupid but WTH

I got Kentucky going out.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I pucked two 12s over 5s but not that one, i think clinton college is the safest of the 5 seeds.

If Garcia and Cochran start knocking down 3's we've got a shooter's chance. Get up on the Hogs early, slow down the tempo, and put pressure on their big man to get into foul trouble early.

The Terriers have been there 4 of the last 6 years, have never progressed but have been competitive. I'll agree it's not likely, but there is definitely a possibility that they will pull it off.

Originally posted by CaliCock:
Nope. I have the Swine going to the Sweet 16, sending the Tar Holes home in the process.
I've got Arkansas in my Elite Eight, every year I take one flyer this year Arkansas is it. Now that I think about it, probably pretty stupid but WTH
I took SMU as my hail mary.

I took SMU as my hail mary.
I've got Iowa St. in the Elite 8 but only because we beat them and it just feels so typically USC for us to beat a team that then goes on a run while we don't make the NIT.

Cali - I've been saying that I think Arkansas is an Elite 8 team for some time. Their aggressive defense and athleticism will carry them.

Would love to see it, but looks to be a tough match-up. The team that Wofford played this year that most resembles Arkansas (athletically, as well as style of play) is West Virginia and West Virginia beat the slop out of our Tdogs. But that was early and hopefully Wofford learned some things from that game.

As others have said, this is simply a bad matchup for the Terriers. That said, anything can happen in The Big Dance, however, I expect Bobby Portis and Michael Qualls to have big games for Arkansas and for them to win by 10+.

I have them beating Arkansas as well......but that is my only 12-5 matchup

On another note......I feel we beating Ole Miss lit a fire under their butts, they could very dangerous, i have them in the Sweet 16

Anyone have Marshalls crew going deep in the tourney? I have elite 8.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT