ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watch "Big Shot" on Disney+?

GarnetBeamer

Dec 7, 2020
It has an interesting enough premise: big-time men's college coach is disgraced after losing his temper and throwing a chair that hits a ref. Though he's won multiple national titles, he can't land a college job and ends up coaching a girls prep school team to rehab his image. You can just about guess how it goes. He doesn't want to be there. Friction with the faculty who don't like having a big shot coach there. Assistant coach who helps him learn the ropes of dealing with girls. The girls don't like him. But they grow to love each other. I watched the first 3 episodes, but I guess out of necessity the story lines are starting to branch out into the girls personal lives. Don't really care to watch a show about high school girls drama so I don't think I'll watch anymore, but the basketball parts of the first few episodes were interesting enough. Again, predictable...hard-nosed college coach forced to adjust his tactics to emotionally fragile and hormonal teenage girls.

I thought it was going to be more a comedy series. There is some humor early on based on the culture clash, but seems it's more of a drama/feel-good kind of thing.

Last edited:
It has an interesting enough premise: big-time men's college coach is disgraced after losing his temper and throwing a chair that hits a ref. Though he's won multiple national titles, he can't land a college job and ends up coaching a girls prep school team to rehab his image. You can just about guess how it goes. He doesn't want to be there. Friction with the faculty who don't like having a big shot coach there. Assistant coach who helps him learn the ropes of dealing with girls. The girls don't like him. But they grow to love each other. I watched the first 3 episodes, but I guess out of necessity the story lines are starting to branch out into the girls personal lives. Don't really care to watch a show about high school girls drama so I don't think I'll watch anymore, but the basketball parts of the first few episodes were interesting enough. Again, predictable...hard-nosed college coach forced to adjust his tactics to emotionally fragile and hormonal teenage girls.

I thought it was going to be more a comedy series. There is some humor early on based on the culture clash, but seems it's more of a drama/feel-good kind of thing.
Ho-hum.....and there is nothing predictable about it.

Huh, maybe you have to get past the first 3 episodes to get past the predictability.
Trust me....there is nothing predictable about dealing with or raising pre-teen and teen-age girls. The "ho-hum" was meant to be a "been there, done that" type of aside.

Just was chuckling when I read the word "predictable", thinking Oh, I wish.

Trust me....there is nothing predictable about dealing with or raising pre-teen and teen-age girls. The "ho-hum" was meant to be a "been there, done that" type of aside.

Just was chuckling when I read the word "predictable", thinking Oh, I wish.

Ah, gotcha!

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT