ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll

chucktowncock

Nov 14, 2001
Last edited:
Surprised that Vandy didn't get any votes after that ND game.
They would most likely be ranked, had they won. 3-0 and a win at number 8 Notre Dame would probably put them in. Wish they could have finished the job.

1. Alabama (58)

2. Georgia

3. Clemson (3)

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

6. LSU

7. Stanford

8. Notre Dame

9. Auburn

10. Washington

11. Penn State

12. West Virginia

13. Virginia Tech

14. Mississippi State

15. Oklahoma State

16. UCF

17. TCU

18. Wisconsin

19. Michigan

20. Oregon

21. Miami

22. Texas A&M

23. Boston College

24. Michigan State

25. BYU

https://247sports.com/Article/AP-Top-25-Week-4-college-football-rankings-released-121982781/
Clempson is now no. 3 but they still smell like no. 2.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I'm not sure what games the people who voted us #1 where watching. In 3 games our Oline has blocked crap. A top 5 team should manhandle an FCS and lower FBS school. We might have ended up with significant rushing yds but much of that was a product of RBs making something out of nothing. I swear, if Bryant is still our QB by the time we play you and yall dont load the box and dare him to make vertical throws down the middle of the field your DC should be fired.

Reactions: vipercock
I'm not sure what games the people who voted us #1 where watching. In 3 games our Oline has blocked crap. A top 5 team should manhandle an FCS and lower FBS school. We might have ended up with significant rushing yds but much of that was a product of RBs making something out of nothing. I swear, if Bryant is still our QB by the time we play you and yall dont load the box and dare him to make vertical throws down the middle of the field your DC should be fired.
UPC is playing like a privileged team.

Honest question here. Why UPC? Upper Pickens College, University of Pickens County?
University of Pickens County. It goes back to 1998 and some back-and-forth I had with a poster on the old AST board who called himself A Tiger With Class. I was gigging him because of some denigration on his part about the University of South Carolina. I coined the Acronym UPC to designate your school and just kept using it.

University of Pickens County. It goes back to 1998 and some back-and-forth I had with a poster on the old AST board who called himself A Tiger With Class. I was gigging him because of some denigration on his part about the University of South Carolina. I coined the Acronym UPC to designate your school and just kept using it.
Ok. Now that makes sense to me.
Thought someone had referred to us as Upper Pickens Community College...but we are actually in lower Pickens county.

Reactions: king ward
Not looking good for the PAC-12. I saw a stat that the chances are better for two SEC teams get in the playoff than one PAC-12 school. They need Stanford to run the table.

Reactions: king ward
Clempson is now no. 3 but they still smell like no. 2.
Looking at this poll and the teams listed, I can see how Clemson should be in the Top 10. Clemson has been one of the least impressive teams on the list. However, I would place them closer to the 8-10 range and NOT in the top 4. The 2 best teams at this point (and it is still extremely early) are AL and UGa. The names of other 8 teams in the Top 10 can be drawn out of a hat and the order would really not matter much - especially when you think of them having to play one another at a neutral site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT