ADVERTISEMENT

AP Top 25 (Link)

Noticed it didn't take long for Penn State to come back from the children sex abuse....
Well, they seldom execute murderers anymore, do they? Lots of them don't even do their full jail sentences. I'm not holding Penn State to a higher standard than murderers since all the coaches and administrators who were there when the abuses occurred are long gone.

So we play 4 ranked teams and I feel like UGA is overrated and UT probably shouldn't even be ranked. We really need to step it up and win 8 games this year. I'm no saying that we should win 8, but I'm saying that the opportunity is there. If we can get to 8 or 9 wins, then the recruiting will really take off.

So we play 4 ranked teams and I feel like UGA is overrated and UT probably shouldn't even be ranked. We really need to step it up and win 8 games this year. I'm no saying that we should win 8, but I'm saying that the opportunity is there. If we can get to 8 or 9 wins, then the recruiting will really take off.
ESPN radio was predicting us to win 8-10 games this year. Now one guy is a USC grad and the other is a fan but still good to hear us getting talked up.

UGA @ 15 brings the lulz...
What Jawga only at 15 they probably want to fire Kirby now for only being at 15. Them Jawga fans won't accept that they know in their hearts they're a playoff caliber team and should be top 5. If you believe me just ask them.

Reactions: 92Pony
Go nack and look at any pre season poll for the last 30 years and UGA is ranked 11th to 15th, thats their spot

Some interesting facts:
1.This is the 1st time in 10 years the defending national champion hasn't started off the following season ranked no 1, 2, or 3
2. Clemson is the ONLY team ranked in the top 10 that doesn't return the same QB from last year.
3. David Pollock predicted Clemson to be the no 4 team and make the playoff. The other 4 guys on ESPN show drive to the championship didn't have Clemson in the playoffs
4. All 5 had Alabama and Ohio State in the playoff.
5. Supringsly, being a Georgia guy David Pollock picked Florida as the biggest sleeper in the country and to beat Michigan the opening Saturday. The other 4 liked Oklahoma State as the sleeper.
6. Last year 7 teams that finished in the top 10 didn't start out in the top 25.
Opinions:
1. The loser of the FSU-Bama game on week 1 probably would need to run the table to make the CFP. Thought being no 2 loss team has made the playoff yet and they don't see an 11-2 team getting in over a 12-1 team.
2. Sam Donald of Southern California is the heisman favorite.
3. Wisconsin of all teams in the power conferences has the best chance at 13-0. They will play most likely only 1 ranked team all year. Could you leave a 13-0 team out of the playoff over say a 10-2 FSU team if they win the ACC or Bama if they go 10-2 and win the SEC. This Bama-FSU game the first Saturday night really makes things interesting.
4. This will be the first year all power conferences have a championship game.
5. Coaches most on the hot seat. Tennessee , Notre Dame, and Texas AM.

The fact that Butch Jones of Tenn is on the hot seat, how in the world are they have an outstanding recruiting class? After all of these years of following football, I still can't figure out the reasoning of some recruits.

UGA had a the 16th rated defense last year, return 9 DL who alll played including 6 who started games, all 4 starting LB rated number 2 behind Bama in the SEC, and all DB except the starting nickle back on defense. Then on offense the deepest group of RB with 2 returning rushers who have gained over 1000 yards and the 5th back on the depth chart averaged almost 6 ypc and the deepest TE group in the country. But you feel they are overrated at 15? If the OL, and that is a huge if, pans out, its a top 5 team and will play Bama in the SEC championship at 11-1. If it doesn't we end up 9-3 and somewhere around 15.

I understand you will lol, but most people see it the way I do. Mark Richt isn't in town anymore and before you say it, Kirby is 1-0 against Muschamp.

The fact that Butch Jones of Tenn is on the hot seat, how in the world are they have an outstanding recruiting class? After all of these years of following football, I still can't figure out the reasoning of some recruits.
Maybe his seat seems warmer from far away than it does up close.

ESPN radio was predicting us to win 8-10 games this year. Now one guy is a USC grad and the other is a fan but still good to hear us getting talked up.

And both are pure idiots

How many times in Carolina football history have the Gamecocks won 8 or more games in a single season? And we're suppose to do it with this team???

If someone must use the words "... if this happens" OR", if that happens" then there is no reason, whatsoever, to post a comment.

Last edited:
And both are pure idiots

How many times in Carolina football history have the Gamecocks 8 or more games in a single season? And we're suppose to do it with this team???

If someone must use the words "... if this happens" OR", if that happens" then there is no reason, whatsoever, to post a comment.
Great point about 8 win seasons. Would love to see it but I believe 7 max.

UGA had a the 16th rated defense last year, return 9 DL who alll played including 6 who started games, all 4 starting LB rated number 2 behind Bama in the SEC, and all DB except the starting nickle back on defense. Then on offense the deepest group of RB with 2 returning rushers who have gained over 1000 yards and the 5th back on the depth chart averaged almost 6 ypc and the deepest TE group in the country. But you feel they are overrated at 15? If the OL, and that is a huge if, pans out, its a top 5 team and will play Bama in the SEC championship at 11-1. If it doesn't we end up 9-3 and somewhere around 15.

I understand you will lol, but most people see it the way I do. Mark Richt isn't in town anymore and before you say it, Kirby is 1-0 against Muschamp.
I've heard uga fans sing this song for decades... maybe this will be the year.

LOL

Some interesting facts:
1.This is the 1st time in 10 years the defending national champion hasn't started off the following season ranked no 1, 2, or 3
2. Clemson is the ONLY team ranked in the top 10 that doesn't return the same QB from last year.
3. David Pollock predicted Clemson to be the no 4 team and make the playoff. The other 4 guys on ESPN show drive to the championship didn't have Clemson in the playoffs
5. Supringsly, being a Georgia guy David Pollock picked Florida as the biggest sleeper in the country and to beat Michigan the opening Saturday. The other 4 liked Oklahoma State as the sleeper.
6. Last year 7 teams that finished in the top 10 didn't start out in the top 25.
Opinions:
1. The loser of the FSU-Bama game on week 1 probably would need to run the table to make the CFP. Thought being no 2 loss team has made the playoff yet and they don't see an 11-2 team getting in over a 12-1 team.
3. Wisconsin of all teams in the power conferences has the best chance at 13-0. They will play most likely only 1 ranked team all year. Could you leave a 13-0 team out of the playoff over say a 10-2 FSU team if they win the ACC or Bama if they go 10-2 and win the SEC. This Bama-FSU game the first Saturday night really makes things interesting.

Great post. Some interesting stuff in here, especially the bold

Some interesting facts:
Cant forget the one hit wonder Auburn...Final #1 in 2010, preseason #23 in 2011.

So UGA had all the above and YET still finished 7-5, and 2 of those wins were against Nichols St (by 2 points) and UL Lafayette, so yes count me in as feeling they are overrated

I've heard uga fans sing this song for decades... maybe this will be the year.

LOL

Never once said we would be world beaters and win the SEC, I ask why do you think 15 is overrated when we return 19 of 20 starters from an 8-5 team? A defense that was 16th in the country. Are you of the opinion that USC is the only team that improves from year to year? As a USC fan I wouldn't be too quick to call other fanbases delusional. As I said earlier, Kirby leads Will 1-0. I do understand fans of other bases are afraid Kirby can coach, because our roster is improving with every class, 18 class will be a big upgrade too.

Never once said we would be world beaters and win the SEC, I ask why do you think 15 is overrated when we return 19 of 20 starters from an 8-5 team? A defense that was 16th in the country. Are you of the opinion that USC is the only team that improves from year to year? As a USC fan I wouldn't be too quick to call other fanbases delusional. As I said earlier, Kirby leads Will 1-0. I do understand fans of other bases are afraid Kirby can coach, because our roster is improving with every class, 18 class will be a big upgrade too.
Keep spinning. Richt would have won 10 games @ uga last year.

I have not said anything about usc or muschamp. I do understand that uga fans believe their God given starting point is in the top 15, which is comical because as you point out above, teams get better from year to year. I will now note, usc returns just about everyone from a 6-7 team. If usc had the luxury of being overrated every single year, we would be in the preseason top 20. We return all of our key players and, using your logic here, we will get better this year because of it.

Your roster never got anywhere near bad. Just hold on to that thought that Kirby can coach. Roseanne Barr could have coached the Dawgs to an 8-5 last year.

And both are pure idiots

How many times in Carolina football history have the Gamecocks won 8 or more games in a single season? And we're suppose to do it with this team???

It is a lot easier to win 8 games these days. as bad as last years team was, they won 6.

How many 8 win seasons have we had since we expanded to 12 game regular seasons and everyone and their sister makes a bowl game?

Some interesting facts:
Opinions:

Clemson is overrated @ number 5. I think the top 4 are good choices. I think Oklahoma can possibly make the final 4 even with the absence of Bob Stoops.

If Kirby doesn't win the East this season, he never will.

Florida's D should be way down and if they kick of Callaway like they should, they offense will be severely limited for big plays.

Maybe his seat seems warmer from far away than it does up close.

The thing Butch has going for him is, given how Tennessee's last couple of hires turned out, they can't afford to turn into a revolving door for coaches. Unless Butch completely flames out, or they can get a Nick Saban/Urban Meyer-type coach, they pretty much have to ride it out with Butch.

And both are pure idiots

We have won 9 or more game 4 out of the last 7 years,

We have not won at least 6 games, only 1 of the last 7 years

We have averaged 8 wins over last 7 years, 58 wins/7 = 8.3

This team is much better then last years 6 win team but schedule is tougher, so we will see.

To imply we cant win 8 games because of our all time history is not something i agree with and recent history differs 8 wins is possible if going by history, need to beat NC State and start out fast to achieve that scenario

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I find his tenure surprising. I expected more, as I'm sure the Aggies also expected.

Why should the Aggies expect more? Sumlin has the 2nd highest winning percentage of all A&M coaches since 1928. Only R.C. Slocum was better and Sumlin has played against far better competition than any of his predecessors. Their last mythical national championship was in 1939.

The surprising part is that A&M has historically been average, despite the money and natural recruiting advantages they possess.

Why should the Aggies expect more? Sumlin has the 2nd highest winning percentage of all A&M coaches since 1928. Only R.C. Slocum was better and Sumlin has played against far better competition than any of his predecessors. Their last mythical national championship was in 1939.

The surprising part is that A&M has historically been average, despite the money and natural recruiting advantages they possess.
I expected more because he was a hot young coach and his arrival coincided with their coming into the SEC. Also they put about a billion bucks worth of facilities improvement under him. Why shouldn't expectations have been high, especially after they beat a good Bama team in Tuscaloosa?

I expected more because he was a hot young coach and his arrival coincided with their coming into the SEC. Also they put about a billion bucks worth of facilities improvement under him. Why shouldn't expectations have been high, especially after they beat a good Bama team in Tuscaloosa?

Manziel covered up a lot of flaws in his coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT