ADVERTISEMENT

App St. - Canisius at Lexington County Park

DCGAMECOCK07

May 15, 2012
Washington, DC
Pretty good move by Lexington County to snag this series for bad weather reasons. My only question though is how nice is the field at Ball Park Rd now? I know a year or so ago it wasn't in my opinion D1 playable.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by DCGAMECOCK07:
Pretty good move by Lexington County to snag this series for bad weather reasons. My only question though is how nice is the field at Ball Park Rd now? I know a year or so ago it wasn't in my opinion D1 playable.

Thoughts?
That's cool! Do you have a link?

My son plays out at the Lexington Dixie Youth Fields (which are right across the street from the new facility)--I didn't click on the link, when is the series? I mentioned to my wife that they are not even CLOSE to finishing and I was concerned they wouldn't be ready for the Blowfish season to start in May (I believe).

I live out that way and they are REALLY going to have to hustle to get the new stadium ready for Blowfish season. (The timeline for that one was always VERY tight in my opinion.)

Originally posted by usc01#:

My son plays out at the Lexington Dixie Youth Fields (which are right across the street from the new facility)--I didn't click on the link, when is the series? I mentioned to my wife that they are not even CLOSE to finishing and I was concerned they wouldn't be ready for the Blowfish season to start in May (I believe).
What league is your son in? My son played out there from age 4 to 15 and now will be playing for the Blowfish this spring. I am looking forward to being out there again. Those were some of the best times of my life.

Originally posted by Jack_Burton:
I live out that way and they are REALLY going to have to hustle to get the new stadium ready for Blowfish season. (The timeline for that one was always VERY tight in my opinion.)

I live close to it as well, and drive by the new stadium on Ball Park Road going back & forth to work. I stopped by the old "Wildcat Hollow" this afternoon and took a couple pic's of it on the way home from work. The "visitors" side stand was torn down early on, but they've left the "home" side stand. It looks to me like they are probably going to refurb the old home stand so it can be used with the new stadium, but that's just my guess. The first pic is looking from behind the south EZ towards the north. You can see the new main building to the left, and the framework of the new "grandstand" in the middle, and the old home stand to the right. The other pic is a closer view of the new main building and the new grandstand. Like Jack said, they got a long ways to go yet before anyone can play ball there.

As for the Dixie Youth fields across the street, they are pretty nice actually. This past summer they hosted a Dixie Youth world series tournament there, lots of teams from about about 16 states came in for it. It was pretty big for Lexington.

DSC02044_zpslx6vyhcf.jpg

I think that "box" frame underneath the roof of the grandstand is where the play by play guys will be at.

DSC02045_zpsmlumb6io.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT