ADVERTISEMENT

Aquira Decosta transferring from Baylor WBB, does she come here?

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
It came down to the 2 of us for final decision and she was number 3 in that class that we got Victaria Saxton and Destinee Henderson. I think Baylor has too many players and she may be getting lost in shuffle but is extremely athletic and skilled. In my personal opinion giving them Te'a Cooper for Decosta is a huge win for us. Get rid of a locker room cancer and bring young player in who would sit out this year and join this freshman group as sophomores and that would be 6 players that were ranked top 11 over 2 years of classes for at least 2 years and who knows who else Dawn brings in this year such as Treasure Hunt and would love to get Carmillo Cardossa (sp?)

I'm sure there is mutual interest. We finished second to Baylor out of HS! I think Dawn will give it her best shot. Unfortunately most transfers go closer to home. Hopefully Aquira will deny that trend.

My immediate thoughts;

1> Do we have room?
2> Would she even come, given our current (potential)talent level on roster?

My immediate thoughts;

1> Do we have room?
2> Would she even come, given our current (potential)talent level on roster?
We have plenty of room. 11 scholarship players with 2 seniors. With KiKi graduating there is plenty of playing time available. I'm certain Dawn will give it a try.

Reactions: 92Pony
She could be a great wing because our lack depth in that department. But I assume she left due to lack of playing time, I'm not sure choosing us she would be guarantee that either.

We have room for her, but why should she come to team where it would be a struggle for playing time when she is leaving Baylor for that reason? She's going to want to go the best team where she is pretty sure to start an they have a need for her. I can seen Notre Dame as possible destination.

We are only carrying twelve now so there is plenty of room, but I recall her as a slasher who's offense was inconsistent from the midrange and out. Unless she has since developed a perimeter game I would question if she would be a good fit with this team. She is extremely athletic and could contribute defensively and with rebounding and ball handling. That may not be enough for a player used to scoring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT