ADVERTISEMENT

Arden Key

i wouldn't bet on him coming here. He's tried to find a reason to go somewhere else since we first got his commitment.

Maybe... perhaps... he's just a bit conflicted about where to go to college - and play football.

Maybe... perhaps... he's not "playing" the schools, but being honest and saying he really likes each school - especially after an official visit.

Cut the KID some slack. He's 17 or 18 and trying to make the biggest decision of his young life while being told exactly what he wants to hear from every adult he talks to.

Best of luck to him while he tries to make this decision. Hopefully some of you will pray for him, too.

I know people say "don't commit unless you are sure." Well, that is much easier said than done. One day you are sure at that time, you decide to commit to a school. Several months go by, then you realize you are not sure anymore. There is nothing wrong with it at all. It's just human nature.

Originally posted by rudybeg:
what's the latest on A Key do we still have a shot
The latest word from him was another veiled warning that HBC should not fire our defensive staff.

Key said his decision to come here has nothig to do with the coaching staff. Then he went on to say he had a great relationship with Ward and Adams, not so much with HBC. He's good, but not "Clowney-good".

Doesn't that sound like a veiled threat? I feel it's about 50/50. But I know we offered another JuCo DE to cover for the loss if we don't get him. That tells me HBC isn't counting that chicken.

This post was edited on 1/19 6:02 PM by The Real Ess

This post was edited on 1/19 8:05 PM by The Real Ess

SOS is not firing ward but another coach will be added. Key won't come here imho.

I wasn't trying to start anything with my post. I was just saying that a program as big as SC with a HOF coach deserves better.

Originally posted by FORKCOCK:
Some kids are amused watching well paid men jump through hoops.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I'm afraid you're missing the point. There may be a few that play those games, but it's a small percentage.

Key isn't toying with anyone, he's simply conflicted about where to spend his college years and he's being honest about it. cut him some slack. He's got a bunch of coaches all telling him that he needs to play there and they're all really good schools with good deals to play there.

He's a kid who maybe wants to play with his buddies from H.S. (Greene, I think), but he doesn't know if coming here is selling himself short... maybe he could go to Georgia and win a championship with a great DC in his home state. OR maybe he could come here and win a championship... but USC doesn't have the "extras" for him (great campus, home state, etc.).

Like I said, he's conflicted and confused. He's not a d-bag. I'd rather have him come here after really considering other schools, knowing he wants to be here. Better that than come here on a so-so committment.

I'll be shocked if he signs with anyone other than Carolina....JMO.

Originally posted by CAPTCOCK61:
SOS is not firing ward but another coach will be added. Key won't come here imho.
Well if' it's EJ that is added then it's a waste of time!!

Originally posted by HI Cock:

Some kids are amused watching well paid men jump through hoops.
I'm afraid you're missing the point. There may be a few that play those games, but it's a small percentage.

Key isn't toying with anyone, he's simply conflicted about where to spend his college years and he's being honest about it. cut him some slack. He's got a bunch of coaches all telling him that he needs to play there and they're all really good schools with good deals to play there.

He's a kid who maybe wants to play with his buddies from H.S. (Greene, I think), but he doesn't know if coming here is selling himself short... maybe he could go to Georgia and win a championship with a great DC in his home state. OR maybe he could come here and win a championship... but USC doesn't have the "extras" for him (great campus, home state, etc.).

Like I said, he's conflicted and confused. He's not a d-bag. I'd rather have him come here after really considering other schools, knowing he wants to be here. Better that than come here on a so-so committment.
I'm not calling the kid any names. But he is dropping hints that he won't be here if Ward and Adams aren't. Not necessarily a bad thing. At least he's dropping hints. He could just flip on the last day, which would leave a hole in the class that we couldn't fill with anyone. We already offered a backup in case we don't get him.

Hi Cock, you have your opinion and I have mine. What makes you think you know more about this subject than anyone else? Huh?
20 years working with H.S. kids? A degree in Psychology with a focus on adolescents and teens? I don't know the kid personally, so maybe someone who does know him personally would have the most insight. I've known about 4000 h.s. kids over the past 20 years and only a very small percentage consciously make trouble for adults. In fact, it's

If he's considering UGA, I wouldn't think the coaches are 'secure' there either. That crowd wants to fire Richt every. single. season.

Hi Cock, I have followed Key on Twitter for about two years.

He's had a lot of fun messing with Carolina and LSU fans while committed to USC. He likes making coaches and fans squirm. Then he sent out a tweet that asked if the fans of the team that he turns down will still like him when he goes off to another school.

He's all drama.

May end up being all conference but this behavior suggests something much less.

Let's face it. No coach other than maybe Saban can say he is safe in his job for longer than than 3 years anyway. If Dabo starts sucking two years in a row, his butt will be canned. Same for Mark Richt or anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT