ADVERTISEMENT

Are All the Staffing Maneuvers a Stroke of Genius?

Cockish

Apr 11, 2017
Fellow Gamecocks,

I believe the following mUSChamp staffing maneuvers will bode well for us in the near and forseeable future...what say you?

1) The promotion of McClendon to OC (who is also a nationally recognized recruiter);
2) the hiring of Werner (who can scheme an Ole Miss team to wins over Bama) to mentor McClendon and coach our QBs;
3) retaining Bobby Bentley as RB coach and not making him the permanent QB coach after Outback Bowl win (a position, if retained, could have been used against us for the next couple of years when it comes to recruiting future QBs);
4) the hiring of former great Marcus Lattimore (who is a great ambassador for the University and has experience in the NFL) to develop our players; and
5) the fact that we are the only Power 5 team, who currently has on staff, two minority coaches at OC/DC level (which puts our football program in a national positive light which gives us several intangibles on the recruiting trail).

Yeup....all look good to me
wkEU61j.gif

Reactions: Cockish
Fellow Gamecocks,

I believe the following mUSChamp staffing maneuvers will bode well for us in the near and forseable future...what say you?

1) The promotion of McClendon to OC (who is also a nationally recognized recruiter);
2) the hiring of Werner (who can scheme an Ole Miss team to wins over Bama) to mentor McClendon and coach our QBs;
3) retaining Bobby Bentley as RB coach and not making him the permanent QB coach after Outback Bowl win (a position, if retained, could have been used against us for the next couple of years when it comes to recruiting future QBs);
4) the hiring of former great Marcus Lattimore (who is a great ambassador for the University and has experience in the NFL) to develop our players; and
5) the fact that we are the only Power 5 team, who currently has on staff, two minority coaches at OC/DC level (which puts our football program in a national positive light which gives us several intangibles on the recruiting trail).
#5 is certainly going to freak out this board. Godspeed!

Possibly but Bmac is the key. Muschamp has given him a great support staff, however, I don’t look at Werner as a “mentor “ but more as a consultant who happens to be a good qb coach. Bmac will be charged with fitting the pieces together, creating game plans, and calling plays with the offensive minds he has around him.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say 'genius' at this juncture or not. But I feel like the staffing moves are solid, and there is great potential there. Whether it be genius or not will be borne out a few years down the road.
Here's hoping we are able to look back and say, "Man, those staffing maneuvers were a stroke of genius!!" :) Go COCKS!

Fellow Gamecocks,

I believe the following mUSChamp staffing maneuvers will bode well for us in the near and forseable future...what say you?

Why?

"I can't wait until the day comes that we no longer have to mention race."

"Why does it matter what race they are? The best man should get the job!"

"I'm sick of everybody always making everything about race. Can't we just be happy we have two good coaches?"

That's how these threads always go.
As long as they're good (or preferably exceptional) coaches, I don't care if they're pink........or if they wear pink tutus.

I'm very hopeful...I thought the moves were solid and should continue to lay the foundation for recruiting TALENT....which is what we need more of.

I think on the OC/DC situation it is a big deal that its the first time its ever happened....the fact is the sport of football especially at the collegiate and pro level has a high percentage of black players and its no secret that players often end up becoming coaches down the road so for it to be 2018 and its the first time we're seeing this I think is very cool and does carry some weight with it. It's ultimately all about results and that's how they are all judged in the end. Imagine if it was 2018 and for the first time ever there were 2 white OC/DC's being hired at a major college program? You can't even imagine it because it doesn't "register" as a possibility because white coaches is all it ever was at the beginning and has remained as a majority until today.

I think it's cool - it doesn't need to JUST be about that of course - the 2 men have earned the right on their own merit as well as football coaches.

As long as they're good (or preferably exceptional) coaches, I don't care if they're pink........or if they wear pink tutus.
I think McClendon got the job, because Muschamp felt he was the best man for the job and no other reason. Personally, I think it was the non-safe, out of the comfort zone choice for Muschamp, because so much of his future rides on this hire. At the end of the day, all things considered, BMac is the man. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

"I can't wait until the day comes that we no longer have to mention race."

"Why does it matter what race they are? The best man should get the job!"

"I'm sick of everybody always making everything about race. Can't we just be happy we have two good coaches?"

That's how these threads always go.

"Hey, Where the white women at?"

I think McClendon got the job, because Muschamp felt he was the best man for the job and no other reason. Personally, I think it was the non-safe, out of the comfort zone choice for Muschamp, because so much of his future rides on this hire. At the end of the day, all things considered, BMac is the man. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Funny how we all differ in our opinions ... I thought this hire was a "safe" choice because of the familiarity and not having to go outside and go through the time of getting to know someone .... in any event, we likely do agree we hope this hire becomes legendary ... for all of the good reasons!

Life is good - Peace!

Reactions: rogue cock

I'm a Gamecock through and through and a Muschamp fan, but because "Muschamp felt he was the best man for the job" inspires no confidence in me, I don't know why it would in anyone. Muschamp struggles with offense because his entire line of thought is geared toward supporting the defense . This is good for a DC but is bad for a HC. No OC is going to be successful until Muschamp gets completely out of the offense. My fear is McClendon will bend too much to Muschamp's will because he is young and viewed in a certain way because of his previous roll on the staff. As tough as it is and as risky is it is, if McClendon is going to be successful, he is going to have to demonstrate in an emphatic way that he is going to do things his way. Set the tone. Muschamp can decide if we go for it or punt on 4th and short, but that's where his roll with the offense ends. Jmho

Last edited:
Reactions: CMac3428 and agantt
I'm a Gamecock through and through and a Muschamp fan, but because "Muschamp felt he was the best man for the job" inspires no confidence in me, I don't no why it would in anyone. Muschamp struggles with offense because his entire line of thought is geared toward supporting the defense . This is good for a DC but is bad for a HC. No OC is going to be successful until Muschamp gets completely out of the offense. My fear is McClendon will bend too much to Muschamp's will because he is young and viewed in a certain way because of his previous roll on the staff. As tough as it is and as risky is it is, if McClendon is going to be successful, he is going to have to demonstrate in an enfatic way that he is going to do things his way. Set the tone. Muschamp can decide if we go for it or punt on 4th and short, but that's where his roll with the offense ends. Jmho
The Offense was slightly more aggressive in the Michigan game! Especially in the 2nd half!

I'm a Gamecock through and through and a Muschamp fan, but because "Muschamp felt he was the best man for the job" inspires no confidence in me, I don't no why it would in anyone. Muschamp struggles with offense because his entire line of thought is geared toward supporting the defense . This is good for a DC but is bad for a HC. No OC is going to be successful until Muschamp gets completely out of the offense. My fear is McClendon will bend too much to Muschamp's will because he is young and viewed in a certain way because of his previous roll on the staff. As tough as it is and as risky is it is, if McClendon is going to be successful, he is going to have to demonstrate in an enfatic way that he is going to do things his way. Set the tone. Muschamp can decide if we go for it or punt on 4th and short, but that's where his roll with the offense ends. Jmho
He's always made the safe, experienced hire in the past. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: funktavious

The Offense was slightly more aggressive in the Michigan game! Especially in the 2nd half!

A good point was brought up. Muschamp is a lot like his former mentor, Saban. He has his fingers in everything. On defense, that is fine. That is Muschamp's area of expertise.

Again all of this works fine on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully, Muschamp will let McClendon do his job without interference. As the head coach, Muschamp has the authority to be involved with whatever he wants. The fear is hiring B-mac would allow Muschamp to continue to be involved with the offense. Whereas with a proven OC, they wouldn't let that fly. Roper was a similar deal. He had experience under Cutcliffe, not on his own as an OC. Maybe Muschamp hired Werner as a buffer for Muschamp to know he has veteran, offensive experience as a resource for B-mac and staff .

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony and Cockish
A good point was brought up. Muschamp is a lot like his former mentor, Saban. He has his fingers in everything. On defense, that is fine. That is Muschamp's area of expertise.

Again all of this works fine on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully, Muschamp will let McClendon do his job without interference. As the head coach, Muschamp has the authority to be involved with whatever he wants. The fear is hiring B-mac would allow Muschamp to continue to be involved with the offense. Whereas with a proven OC, they wouldn't let that fly. Roper was a similar deal. He had experience under Cutcliffe, not on his own as an OC. Maybe Muschamp hired Werner as a buffer for Muschamp to know he has veteran, offensive experience as a resource for B-mac and staff .

That last sentence ... I hope that is 100% correct ....

*know
*emphatic

Fellow Gamecocks,

WTF?

Fellow Gamecocks,

I believe the following mUSChamp staffing maneuvers will bode well for us in the near and forseeable future...what say you?

not bad, but #3 was not an issue....we have already signed next yrs class and after that jake would be a senior anyway....not sure why people think that would be an issue but it wouldnt ...

Our president is racist scum. A few posts got deleted, but it’s important that we don’t ignore or try to sugar coat it. America is better than that. Don’t shy away from the truth because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say 'genius' at this juncture or not. But I feel like the staffing moves are solid, and there is great potential there. Whether it be genius or not will be borne out a few years down the road.
Here's hoping we are able to look back and say, "Man, those staffing maneuvers were a stroke of genius!!" :) Go COCKS!
And not "man that staffing was manure".

Reactions: 92Pony

I think there should be pressure to hire more minorities as head coaches in the NFL and more majorities as RB and defensive tackle in the NFL. It’s tine

I think there should be pressure to hire more minorities as head coaches in the NFL and more majorities as RB and defensive tackle in the NFL. It’s tine
Nah, people should just stop being annoyed, scared and defensive when race is mentioned. The ones who are should take a breather ask themselves why they have that reaction. What is so scary about it? Nobody is going to come take all their stuff. They'll be just fine.

Nah, people should just stop being annoyed, scared and defensive when race is mentioned. The ones who are should take a breather ask themselves why they have that reaction. What is so scary about it? Nobody is going to come take all their stuff. They'll be just fine.

True. But most don’t want to find a way to get more Jewish, oreintal, and Latino coaches. Or white nba players. It’s sad

True. But most don’t want to find a way to get more Jewish, oreintal, and Latino coaches. Or white nba players. It’s sad
When people stop being upset about it you'll be amazed at how easily the pieces fall in place. It's like I've said before, people will stop talking about race the moment people stop being upset about people talking about race. One more time I'll ask everybody to ask themselves why mentioning the fact that having young, black coaches is a great asset to the university can make people so uncomfortable? I know I instigated the whole discussion here, but it stems from a thread I saw on another forum. I felt like talking about it. I think it's a conversation worth having in this day and age.

Thanks for listening to me. Visualize whirled peas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT