ADVERTISEMENT

Are announcers GA homers? I tuned in late.

wallycock

Oct 11, 2001
They want to point out every push off or bump we get away with, but GA is dishing out plenty of their own.

They were kinda trying to get them back in the game. The refs for once called a decent game. The team played a good first half and then reverted back to the old shooting ways. Good for them that they found a way to hold on.

First half they were pretty complimentary of us which, face it, hasn't been real easy this year. We played a great first half so they talked about us a lot, with Georgia getting their fair share of talk since they're a bubble team.

Second half was all UGA. They had the momentum and could've had a great come from behind win. Of course the announcers were talking about them all half. Any talk about us would've been pretty depressing.

I thought they called it right. Damn glad the final praises were for us!

Yes. All announcers plot ways to talk bad about us. It's an elaborate plot that only a few know about. Shhhh.

I listened to Andy and Judge Manning for the first half and watched the game on TV for the second half. I thought the SEC Network announcers were certainly pro-UGA in the second half, but it makes sense, since UGA was mounting an incredible comeback. I believe most announcers merely want an exciting game, and UGA coming back was giving them that.

Like I said, I tuned in about 2 mins into the 2nd half, so I missed all the really good stuff from the Gamecocks. There is a difference though in how an announcer frames comments like:

The Gamecocks are dominating the boards. vs...The Bulldogs are really getting banged around down low, and not pulling down many rebounds, but so far the officials are letting that go.
It's kind of like how the Cocks never beat Clemson, they just fail to execute. The Gamecocks forced 6 turnovers ... vs ... the Tigers gave the ball away 6 times.

It really doesn't matter. I guess announcers are gonna get c riticized no matter how they call a game.

Of course it always feels like they are pulling for the other team... The thing that was making me mad during the game though was the way they kept making excuses for UGA: "they have been decimated by injuries", but other than a quick mansion of the two recent suspensions in the first half, I didn't hear many mentions of our issue a with injury!

Not only did we lose two players just prior to this game, we had an incoming freshman put out for the whole season with an injury, and other incoming recruit booted for legal issues and Stroman was in the freaking HOSPITAL during this game! We barely had a whole team to out out there and two of our guys played in the 38-39 minute range, but UGA HAD INJURY ISSUES to fall back on? COME ON MANNNN... UGA was more talented than us prior to losing a couple players AND they hadn't experienced near the losses to their roster that we have.

Other than that it was the typical "Georgia needs a backed right here" and the tone of how excited they were every time UGA did anything it was over exaggerated and our good plays were met with muted commentary and questions about whether a clear 3 pointer was behind the line or not...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT