ADVERTISEMENT

Are public salt water swimming pools high risk for Covid?

I have a salt water pool, it still has chlorine, just less of it. it stays very clean. But a public pool, I don't know if I would go there.

just curious before I float in one today with my fat self

I personally like the chlorine pool, you never know who maybe peeing in the pool...

20100614_poolpee_190x190.jpg

Steer clear of the bathrooms.

Bathrooms are what is keeping me from traveling this summer in my car across country. You are correct, I heard one of the experts (who probably knows no more than you) say be careful about using public bathrooms.

Reactions: USCLaw85
I read the handrails and items around the pool are higher risk than just being in the water.

We are members at Topspin in Lexington. They were a saltwater pool but made the conversion to chlorine for COVID as I understand it. We are there every weekend and some weekdays if we can make it. Chairs and umbrellas are spread out per family. Use normal precautions like washing hands and sanitizing before eating or applying sun screen, etc. When you're in the pool....well....it is what it is I suppose.

If there's enough bromine in the water, it should kill the virus. But the area surrounding the pool, handrails, chairs, etc. is a different story. But they should be better than most surfaces if they're getting exposed to bromine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT