ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Jaguars angling to hire Dabo Swinney after this season?

USC75Grad

Sep 8, 2015
I don't think so.

"Most 2021 NFL mock drafts have Trevor Lawrence going No. 1 overall to the Jacksonville Jaguars. USA Today, ESPN and Bleacher Report each have Lawrence landing with Jacksonville in their latest mock drafts.

A former NFL general manager believes if Lawrence ends up with the Jaguars, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney could join him.

Former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said on ESPN’s “Get Up!” TV show Monday morning that Swinney joining Lawrence in Jacksonville is “the perfect situation.”

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article245378135.html?ocid=uxbndlbing#storylink=cpy

Nah, won't happen, Jacksonville is a dumpster fire organization

If he is called he will push them to hire Tony Elliott, I think Tony has a better chance of being the next Jacksonville Head Coach.

Last edited:
Nah, won't happen, Jacksonville is a dumpster fire organization

If he is called he will push them to hire Tony Elliott, I think Tony has a better chance of being the next Jacksonville Head Coach.
That’s what I was thinking. I think Elliot would do very well but it would be quit a jump from College Coordinator to NFL Head Coach.
Regarding Swinney, I think he’d be crazy to leave, see Nick Saban for example A.

I don't think so.

"Most 2021 NFL mock drafts have Trevor Lawrence going No. 1 overall to the Jacksonville Jaguars. USA Today, ESPN and Bleacher Report each have Lawrence landing with Jacksonville in their latest mock drafts.

A former NFL general manager believes if Lawrence ends up with the Jaguars, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney could join him.

Former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said on ESPN’s “Get Up!” TV show Monday morning that Swinney joining Lawrence in Jacksonville is “the perfect situation.”

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article245378135.html?ocid=uxbndlbing#storylink=cpy
U need help.....I’ll have the Russell House Krishnas over n a minute!

Why would he take the pay cut? Jags surely aren't gonna pay $10 mil?

I have always been surprised at the lack of NFL interest in Dabo. I mean i think he is a clown but any coach that successful in college is always dogged by NFL rumors. Has not followed him at all or maybe CU just does a good job on controlling rumors. Yea, yea Saban and Spurrier. But lots of coaches have jumped to the NFL from college. Look at Pete Carroll.

I have always been surprised at the lack of NFL interest in Dabo. I mean i think he is a clown but any coach that successful in college is always dogged by NFL rumors. Has not followed him at all or maybe CU just does a good job on controlling rumors. Yea, yea Saban and Spurrier. But lots of coaches have jumped to the NFL from college. Look at Pete Carroll.
Any coach likes to be mentioned for another position. But Dabo ain’t going anywhere. Has another son entering Clemson in a year or so. He’ll be there at least until that one graduates

I don't think so.

If they bring that scumbag to Jax I will protest. Won’t watch another jags game.
Edit: I was referring to scumbag Dabloon.

Last edited:
He’s in the best spot in America to win. Regardless of level.
Clemson hires a salesman/wr coach to a job he’s never done and here we are 12 years later. That’s like winning the powerball. And our neighbors did just that.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
He’s in the best spot in America to win. Regardless of level.
Clemson hires a salesman/wr coach to a job he’s never done and here we are 12 years later. That’s like winning the powerball. And our neighbors did just that.
Dabloon has always had a horseshoe up his a$$, and the money Springs eternal to pay his semipros.

I don't think so.

Dabo is in a cheeseburger in paradise place... He will never leave Clemson and I don't think he would take the Bama job when it comes open... We are stuck playing against Clemson and Dabo for the rest of our years after this year...

This football season doesn't feel like a real football season... Starting late and NOT playing Clemson... Clemson is our measuring stick...

Reactions: DetroitCock
I agree. I can't see him leaving klemzun. Maybe he will be named Athletics Director, and they will have the same success we've had with Tanner.
No, he will have success because their BOT is made up of successful business persons not successful lawyers. It would be like if we had a BOT made up entirely of Darla Moore’s

Dabo may not have a choice but to leave. Remember he said, "when they start paying college athletes I will quit."

Reactions: Judson1
Dabo may not have a choice but to leave. Remember he said, "when they start paying college athletes I will quit."
He was appealing to the lowest common denominator. Most of the fans seemed to be against it, so he spoke against it. Make no mistake, the man can work a crowd and do it well.

Much like Spurrier, Saban, Holtz, etc.

Now this was a long time ago, but I thought people said the same of Pete Carrol, like he was more of a motivator, less of a coach. And I think he did fail at New England, right?

But even with his later success, I would think that's the exception.

He can't coach, just knows how to supervise payments. Maybe Jags could use him in Payroll

You can’t recruit your way to a good head coach, nor control what your staff makes, or totally obtain your first choices for assistants. He’d be a damn fool to leave the best job in the worst conference, making $9 million annually. Unless he’s totally bored, there’s literally NO GOOD REASON to even look around. Clempsun’s football HC job is like Dabo fell in a tub of penises and came out with a beautiful woman!

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
You can’t recruit your way to a good head coach, nor control what your staff makes, or totally obtain your first choices for assistants. He’d be a damn fool to leave the best job in the worst conference, making $9 million annually. Unless he’s totally bored, there’s literally NO GOOD REASON to even look around. Clempsun’s football HC job is like Dabo fell in a tub of penises and came out with a beautiful woman!
Exactly right. The majority of his success depends on winning with superior talent because he's a superior recruiter. You lose that when you go to the NFL. Yes, he's beat other great teams, but its a completely different game for the most part when you lose the ability to use your best asset. It took Dabo time to win at Clemson because it took him time to bring the best players in.

Do not be shocked if Dabo jumps ship to the NFL. The guy has ambition and an inflated ego. He craves to be in the rare company of head coaches who won championships at the NCAA and NFL levels. I hope Dabo goes to the NFL just so to see him failed miserably ala Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban!

Much like Spurrier, Saban, Holtz, etc.
Even moreso because those guys can do Xs and Os... Spurrier failed because he was arrogant, didn't put in the time, and traded Stephen Davis to Carolina because he didn't want to run the ball. Saban might STILL be in the NFL if he had traded for Drew Brees instead of Daunte Culpepper... you just can't win with a horrible QB. I don't know enough about Holtz time with the Jets to comment on it. With Dabo, I think he's a great recruiter and "program guy" but none of that would matter a whit in the league. And I suspect he knows that.

He can stay at clemsuck and win 10 or more conference titles in a row. He’s the Maytag repairman of football coaching. The machine runs itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT