ADVERTISEMENT

ARE WE EVEN REVELANT?

fishing fool

Dec 8, 2015
Man I just didn’t realize just how far we have fell/fallen down the ladder huuuuhhh… just wanted to share something with you guys when I was on my way to work this morning that just made me feel so BLAHHHH and just kinda down. I was listening to Mike Golic on sport radio talk this morning (some of you may have heard as well) and they were talking about the NCAA Playoff and how a lot of ranked teams went down this weekend and they were giving their opinion on who they thought would be in the playoff’s etc… and of course they predicted clemSUCK being one of those teams. The question was ask “What threat or danger would you see for Clemson the rest of their schedule” the answer was that maybe Florida ST / NC State would be the only thing that they see that could be a little hiccup for them because the rest of their games are almost a cake walk…. Again CAKE WALK????.. They never metioned SC in any kind of way or even acknowledged us even playing them. It pains me to say but it doesn’t seem we are even relevant in the college football world, the only time we are mention is when some commentator etc… says something about Muschamp loosing another, Florida, Something to prove, has he learned a lot? etc… you know what I’m talking about. “ NOT Relevant” Serious?? What you guys think??????????????

I think it's hard to be a top 5 college football program and I think you have over a hundred schools out there striving for that and currently coming up short.
That being said, if you have a mindset of everything is meaningless if you arent a top 5 program then I'd probably switch allegiances.
For me I'd like this staff to have this year and next and then be reevaluated. Currently we have a solid recruiting class coming together and everyone jumping ship is only going to bring negativity to the program. The SEC is tough this year and if you dont believe me just look at the standings

Not jumping ship my friend just a little low haha. Your remarks are dead on to me and i know that the SEC is REAL tough this year. Man i hear ya with the recruiting class coming etc... but honestly... we have heard that time & time again. but back to my topic, WE ARE NOT EVEN REVELANT in the college football world!!!!! DANG IT! it makes me sick and i wonder how did we ever get that far down to not even get a mention at any time from anybody about being anything hhhuuuhhhh.

Reactions: ddw1263
Not jumping ship my friend just a little low haha. Your remarks are dead on to me and i know that the SEC is REAL tough this year. Man i hear ya with the recruiting class coming etc... but honestly... we have heard that time & time again. but back to my topic, WE ARE NOT EVEN REVELANT in the college football world!!!!! DANG IT! it makes me sick and i wonder how did we ever get that far down to not even get a mention at any time from anybody about being anything hhhuuuhhhh.

Love him or hate him the only reason we were revelant was Steve Spurrier . Even at his worst he was still feared by every team he faced . Even in his last year Nobody wanted to play against him . That’s why UGA piled it on us so hard that year because Mark Richt knew that he could always pull a trick out of the hat at anytime . And No we are not Revelant . All the hype in the off season about us being trendy SEC east champs and UGA’s biggest test flew out the window weeks ago . I can honestly say we are the second worst team in the conference. I think it would be a nail biter against Arky to find out . Mizzou gifted wrapped a win for us . If we played 5 more times they would win 4 out of 5 .

If none of you lived through the Brad Scott and Sparky Woods years, welcome to stepping back in time because this is it. We just reverse it now and play like crap the first half in every game, the Brad and Sparky teams would play well the first quarter or half and then fall apart the rest of the game.

Man I just didn’t realize just how far we have fell/fallen down the ladder huuuuhhh… just wanted to share something with you guys when I was on my way to work this morning that just made me feel so BLAHHHH and just kinda down. I was listening to Mike Golic on sport radio talk this morning (some of you may have heard as well) and they were talking about the NCAA Playoff and how a lot of ranked teams went down this weekend and they were giving their opinion on who they thought would be in the playoff’s etc… and of course they predicted clemSUCK being one of those teams. The question was ask “What threat or danger would you see for Clemson the rest of their schedule” the answer was that maybe Florida ST / NC State would be the only thing that they see that could be a little hiccup for them because the rest of their games are almost a cake walk…. Again CAKE WALK????.. They never metioned SC in any kind of way or even acknowledged us even playing them. It pains me to say but it doesn’t seem we are even relevant in the college football world, the only time we are mention is when some commentator etc… says something about Muschamp loosing another, Florida, Something to prove, has he learned a lot? etc… you know what I’m talking about. “ NOT Relevant” Serious?? What you guys think??????????????

No. We are not.

Nope. We're a joke right now. A laughing stock. The only team we're really better than in the east is Vandy. Mizzou snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The only way out of it is to quit tripping over our own (fill in the blank).

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Love him or hate him the only reason we were revelant was Steve Spurrier . Even at his worst he was still feared by every team he faced . Even in his last year Nobody wanted to play against him . That’s why UGA piled it on us so hard that year because Mark Richt knew that he could always pull a trick out of the hat at anytime . And No we are not Revelant . All the hype in the off season about us being trendy SEC east champs and UGA’s biggest test flew out the window weeks ago . I can honestly say we are the second worst team in the conference. I think it would be a nail biter against Arky to find out . Mizzou gifted wrapped a win for us . If we played 5 more times they would win 4 out of 5 .
We lost to the Citadel in Spurrier's final year....the Citadel. The slide began long before that.

Since 2010 ,who in the SEC has had more success than USC?
Bama
UGA
Auburn
LSU

Williams doesn't get nearly enough touches, I would like to see a 2 QB system.
Bentley is the RB coach...he makes that decision. Frankly, I trust Werner's call on the QB waaaay more than anyone on this board. You get the coaching history he has and then maybe your opinion means something.

Bentley is the RB coach...he makes that decision. Frankly, I trust Werner's call on the QB waaaay more than anyone on this board. You get the coaching history he has and then maybe your opinion means something.
Werner doesn't have a free hand in this; don't kid yourself.

Between me and you I don't think Werner is making that call at all. We have a 3rd year QB that's leading the SEC in interceptions and that's with him not playing in 2 games.

Bama
UGA
Auburn
LSU

Mizzou with 2 Eastern division championships and Cotton Bowl win.
Florida with 2 Eastern division championships and a Sugar Bowl appearance.
Ole Miss with a Sugar Bowl win.
Miss State with an Orange Bowl appearance.
Arkansas with a Cotton Bowl win and a Sugar Bowl appearance.
Texas A&M with a Cotton Bowl win and a Heisman winner.

So everyone except Vandy, Tennessee and Kentucky. Although Kentucky fans may have an argument otherwise given their record versus USC in that period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bwellbaseball
Mizzou with 2 Eastern division championships and Cotton Bowl win.
Florida with 2 Eastern division championships and a Sugar Bowl appearance.
Ole Miss with a Sugar Bowl win.
Miss State with an Orange Bowl appearance.
Arkansas with a Cotton Bowl win and a Sugar Bowl appearance.
Texas A&M with a Cotton Bowl win and a Heisman winner.

So everyone except Vandy, Tennessee and Kentucky. Although Kentucky fans may have an argument otherwise given their record versus USC in that period.
Mizz missed the bowl season 3 times
UF 2 times.
Ole Miss 4 times
Arkansas 3 times
USC only 1
USC has more bowl wins than all those teams except for MSU.
But I agree with UF .

Bama
UGA
Auburn
LSU
Seems to me that our slippage is greater and present status is lower than any of those teams, yes, even Auburn. You know what Auburn will do if they flounder for very long, don't you? The same as any of them would do. UGA fired a coach that was averaging around 10 wins a year.

Seems to me that our slippage is greater and present status is lower than any of those teams, yes, even Auburn. You know what Auburn will do if they flounder for very long, don't you? The same as any of them would do. UGA fired a coach that was averaging around 10 wins a year.
Yep, and Muschamp inherited a 3 win team.

Reactions: rogue cock
Totally agree, but Ole Miss has only been to 4 bowls this decade.

I would trade all the low tier bowls we’ve been to this decade for their one Sugar Bowl trophy. Plus Freeze, through cheating, had them at #3 in the CFP rankings at one point, beat Bama a couple times and had them nationally relevant for a bit.

This might be the strongest sunshine pump of them all. Well done!
200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT