ADVERTISEMENT

ARE WE EVEN REVELANT?

Seems to me that our slippage is greater and present status is lower than any of those teams, yes, even Auburn. You know what Auburn will do if they flounder for very long, don't you? The same as any of them would do. UGA fired a coach that was averaging around 10 wins a year.
So did TOSU. We aren't UGA or TOSU.

With his history why wouldn't he? Was McIlwain's mom right?

I chalked up McIlwain's moms comments to sour grapes at the time but I could now be convinced that maybe (not out of the realm of possibility) she had a point.

I watched the Mizz game, I dont think Scarnecchia will ever set the world on fire as a QB but he handled the starting role well. I though he managed the game and didn't do anything to hurt the team. Overall a solid, workman like, performance.

I was shocked after Jake's abysmal performance in the first half that Scarnecchia didn't at least get the first series of the second half. But again, coaches see way more than fans do and are paid to make those calls.

In my lifetime we've only played in one game that was revelant Nationally. We got blasted by Auburn. That was it we, no chance of ever going to a BCS game.

If none of you lived through the Brad Scott and Sparky Woods years, welcome to stepping back in time because this is it. We just reverse it now and play like crap the first half in every game, the Brad and Sparky teams would play well the first quarter or half and then fall apart the rest of the game.

Those young bucks have no clue how much of a slap in the face you just gave the program....just wish it wasn’t true. Unlike some, I’m not in denial about how bad we suck

I would say we are a middle tier team and it is not Jake B's fault.
You cant score if your receivers drop passes and you cannot win if your line cannot open running lanes.
Ive been a USC fan for decades and this is nowhere near as bad as it was. Sorry but we have to be patient and support our chosen team.
My advice is to go hunting or golfing Saturdays if you are not a season ticket holder. I learned years ago not to let college football define my happiness. The worm will turn soon enough..

The University of South Carolina is currently relevant in:
Women’s basketball
Softball
Equestrian
Women’s soccer

I wish I could list more sports....

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Relevancy is a matter of relativity.

In my old white guy world, hell yes the Gamecocks are relevant.

Especially when we can whip teams from up North.

That's as much about us as it is about them.
Yes it does. Cooper's record at TOSU is far more impressive than Spurrier's at USC. Cooper is despised in Columbus...Spurrier is regaled in Columbia. We are NOT TOSU or UGA and cannot get by with the same things they do....we don't have the name or the history to do so.

If any one of them had caught those passes which were nicely thrown...there is your spark!
But they didn't, so you look for it in a man who touches the ball on every play - no, not the center - especially when the man playing that position had not played well to that point..

Let me add this to post #1.
In my neighborhood we have grads/fans from the following, UGA, GT, Duke, Bama, Auburn,UF, UT, FSU, Miami, Texas, LSU,Michigan St, NCST, Ohio St, Louisville, Marshal, one more USC fan, and a few more but you get the idea.
When the subject of CFB comes up they all know who Muschamp is but will ask "What is your record". Unfortunately that seems to answer the OP's question. We're living in he heart of SEC country and they have no idea what we're doing.
Frustrating

But they didn't, so you look for it in a man who touches the ball on every play - no, not the center - especially when the man playing that position had not played well to that point..

^^^This , it happens at almost every level of football. You need to at least shake things up and the easiest way to do that is a QB change. I can't believe so many are taking a different position on this. What you are seeing here is a classic case of nepotism. If his name was Jake Smith, Scar would have played in that game.

Reactions: king ward
Let me add this to post #1.
In my neighborhood we have grads/fans from the following, UGA, GT, Duke, Bama, Auburn,UF, UT, FSU, Miami, Texas, LSU,Michigan St, NCST, Ohio St, Louisville, Marshal, one more USC fan, and a few more but you get the idea.
When the subject of CFB comes up they all know who Muschamp is but will ask "What is your record". Unfortunately that seems to answer the OP's question. We're living in he heart of SEC country and they have no idea what we're doing.
Frustrating
I think you have perfectly described irrelevance.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I've been a critic of Bentley's play. This past weekend however wasn't on him or the play calling. It was on receivers who couldn't catch very catchable passes. There were several other drops also....other than the three that stood out because they would've changed the entire complexion of the game.

I've been a critic of Bentley's play. This past weekend however wasn't on him or the play calling. It was on receivers who couldn't catch very catchable passes. There were several other drops also....other than the three that stood out because they would've changed the entire complexion of the game.
Those drops don't constitute a case for not starting Scarnecchia in the half. Bentley was not sharp in the first half, even if he had some balls dropped on him, and that interception in the end zone was middle school stuff.

The University of South Carolina is currently relevant in:
Women’s basketball
Softball
Equestrian
Women’s soccer

I wish I could list more sports....

Palmetto Pride Series!!!!

6_5362224.jpg

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
You dont agree ?

I am not sure if I agree. I was curious if it was "fact based" on record or something. I haven't researched , but just from casual observation, I would add a few,
"Since 2010 ,who in the SEC has had more success than USC?"

Bama
UGA
Auburn
LSU

I would add,

Ole Miss
Miss State
Arkansas

Push with,
TN
Texas A&M
Mizz

If any one of them had caught those passes which were nicely thrown...there is your spark!
He would have eventually thrown another pick when the pressure mounted. He doesn't lead the SEC in interceptions for nothing.

Man I just didn’t realize just how far we have fell/fallen down the ladder huuuuhhh… just wanted to share something with you guys when I was on my way to work this morning that just made me feel so BLAHHHH and just kinda down. I was listening to Mike Golic on sport radio talk this morning (some of you may have heard as well) and they were talking about the NCAA Playoff and how a lot of ranked teams went down this weekend and they were giving their opinion on who they thought would be in the playoff’s etc… and of course they predicted clemSUCK being one of those teams. The question was ask “What threat or danger would you see for Clemson the rest of their schedule” the answer was that maybe Florida ST / NC State would be the only thing that they see that could be a little hiccup for them because the rest of their games are almost a cake walk…. Again CAKE WALK????.. They never metioned SC in any kind of way or even acknowledged us even playing them. It pains me to say but it doesn’t seem we are even relevant in the college football world, the only time we are mention is when some commentator etc… says something about Muschamp loosing another, Florida, Something to prove, has he learned a lot? etc… you know what I’m talking about. “ NOT Relevant” Serious?? What you guys think??????????????
Relevant you ask? You've come to one of the few places.

He would have eventually thrown another pick when the pressure mounted. He doesn't lead the SEC in interceptions for nothing.
And if Scar had thrown the two passes against TAMU like he did those against Mizzou, he would've had two picks. See I can play the speculation game also.

Man I just didn’t realize just how far we have fell/fallen down the ladder huuuuhhh… It pains me to say but it doesn’t seem we are even relevant in the college football world,

And here, within, lies the problem. We haven't fallen very far at all!
WE NEVER WERE RELEVANT IN THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL WORLD.

What, three 11 win seasons in 120 years??? (With less than a 85% win percentage in those years)
What, 1984??? The year NAVY (4-6-1) beat the living crap outta us, 38-21?
What, our (7-4) 1969 ACC Championship??? Against opponents like Wake Forest(3-7), Duke (3-6-1), Maryland (3-7) and Clemson (4-6)???

No, unfortunately, we are legends only in our own minds.

To be fair though, Navy did also beat Lehigh and Princeton in 1984.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT