ADVERTISEMENT

Are we in this mix with any 5-star, franchise types, this year?

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
Yes, before I get flamed, I know stars are not everything. Just wondering.

I'm curious why we didn't offer 2 of the top 3 recruits in the state this year, Huggins-Bruce and Burrell. Going to Louisville and FSU, respectively.

There are very few 5 stars each year unfortunately
Plus with no local guys projected to be a 5 star it’s just not happening coming off 4-8 and coach on hit seat
But if we can get T Dawkins to go along with the other 3 DL commits that will give us some good DL depth with 3 consecutive classes with quality DL
2022 class is deeper with talent in this state

Reactions: redrogers
There are very few 5 stars each year unfortunately
Plus with no local guys projected to be a 5 star it’s just not happening coming off 4-8 and coach on hit seat
But if we can get T Dawkins to go along with the other 3 DL commits that will give us some good DL depth with 3 consecutive classes with quality DL
2022 class is deeper with talent in this state
There are 25-30, and if a coach can sell ice to Eskimos, then some of those should be coming to USC.

I like getting the guys who are snubbed in the recruiting rankings. Those are the guys who are hungry. They have a chip on their shoulder. They have something to prove. I want Mike Davis, not Demetris Summers. Sure, some guys like Clowney, Hollaman, Garcia, Alshon, and Lattimore panned out. But, how awesome was Connor Shaw. Don’t you miss Ryan Brewer or Captain Mudderlyn?

Reactions: hillstosea
giphy.gif

Maybe, but I submit that the real reason is the coach. The coaches that are great can pick and choose their players and the come because of the coach.
Anyone who says stars don’t matter, is lying to themselves. You know what all national championship have in common?

They have all had a top ten recruiting class in the last 5 years before they one.
Spurrier, Saban and yes, even Dablo. Stars don't always play out, but a really good coach always does.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I think Champ seems to be taking a few of these commits a little early. Maybe he is taking what he can get cause he doesn't feel good about the chances with higher rated recruits. Oh well what do I know, I'm just a fan on a message board.

No. Look at our coach. He seem 5 star worthy to you?
I understand your lack of love toward CWM. I can empathize. But he has landed a couple of 5-star recruits. I was just wondering if he might surprise us again. I’m looking for some kind of good news to lift my hopes.

Reactions: carolinamyke
I understand your lack of love toward CWM. I can empathize. But he has landed a couple of 5-star recruits. I was just wondering if he might surprise us again. I’m looking for some kind of good news to lift my hopes.

What in his background gives you hope?

Anyone who says stars don’t matter, is lying to themselves. You know what all national championship have in common?

They have all had a top ten recruiting class in the last 5 years before they one.
There is a reason our women bb is great. Its not because we signed players to grow into a position

Last edited:
I like getting the guys who are snubbed in the recruiting rankings. Those are the guys who are hungry. They have a chip on their shoulder. They have something to prove. I want Mike Davis, not Demetris Summers. Sure, some guys like Clowney, Hollaman, Garcia, Alshon, and Lattimore panned out. But, how awesome was Connor Shaw. Don’t you miss Ryan Brewer or Captain Mudderlyn?
I love the positivity, but let’s be real. A team made up of snubbed players will never be great except in the movies. But honestly, does it really matter if a player is a five star or a snubbed 2 star with the current coaching staff? I don’t think so. They’ve shown no ability to even get a highly rated player playing to his ability, much less a snubbed one.

Ray, is that you? Enjoy that Eskimo pie.
Nope, not Ray- just a fan of the Gamecocks who deals in facts not conjecture. I don’t let my butthurt whining cloud my reason... Unlike some people around here. You ask if he “seems 5 star worthy to you”- thankfully he HAS seemed 5* worthy to quite a few high level recruits during his tenure here. One bad year does not erase his accomplishments. Whine all you want, be snarky and rude... You are still full of shit.

Reactions: Expro19
Nope, not Ray- just a fan of the Gamecocks who deals in facts not conjecture. I don’t let my butthurt whining cloud my reason... Unlike some people around here. You ask if he “seems 5 star worthy to you”- thankfully he HAS seemed 5* worthy to quite a few high level recruits during his tenure here. One bad year does not erase his accomplishments. Whine all you want, be snarky and rude... You are still full of shit.

Anyone who cannot understand and identify with fan's frustrations with Muschamp on all levels simply has not been paying attention.

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

No you do not get the subject.
Again, you said does our coach look like he could get 5 stars. And I said yes. And then you changed the subject with our record from last year. Instead of just admitting you are wrong.

Reactions: Expro19
What in his background gives you hope?
My OP was simply asking whether or not we had any 5-stars in the mix. I wasn't launching an attack on CWM. I've shared on this forum my own concerns and frustrations with CWM's lack of progress on the gridiron. But to me, brother, it seems like you're just wanting to inject negativity or get into a pissing contest with the posters who have joined the conversation. We're all Gamecocks. Let's not eat our own. Whether its CWM or another at the helm, we all want to see the Gamecocks win. And that's why I asked whether or not we were in the mix for any franchise type recruits. Cheers.

Cart, Meet Horse.

Again, you said does our coach look like he could get 5 stars. And I said yes. And then you changed the subject with our record from last year. Instead of just admitting you are wrong.

Did you graduate high school? Serious question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT