ADVERTISEMENT

Are you a Beamer Dreamer?

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
It just seems something is changing and the search is moving more toward an experienced head coach.

Anybody else getting that vibe?

Watch a big move by Sarkisian. Caslen is bound to be attracted to his turning Washington around from an 0-11 team, his victory over alcoholism and his success at Alabama. A feel good story about a real good coach.

It just seems something is changing and the search is moving more toward an experienced head coach.

I'm not feeling that, but it doesn't mean that you're wrong. Truthfully, the only time I talk about or look into different candidates is when I'm talking with folks on here.

No. I'll be VERY surprised if it is not Beamer. Don't misunderstand me; I want, and feel that the depth that our football program has sunk to, requires an experienced, proven, successful Head Coach, to come in here to turn this program around. But, no, I don't feel the vibe you are. But, I hope, hope, hope you are right.

Watch a big move by Sarkisian. Caslen is bound to be attracted to his turning Washington around from an 0-11 team, his victory over alcoholism and his success at Alabama. A feel good story about a real good coach.

Sarkisian’s opportunity today as acting HC for Alabama couldn’t have come at a better time for him if he wants our job. We have to interview him. I know we aren’t Alabama but they clearly didn’t miss a beat. He has rebuilt a program as mentioned.
I do wonder how Saban would advise him. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of guy who says this job is a good one or this one isn’t. I could see Sarkisian holding out for a better job.

Reactions: Robhawk29

I like a lot of candidates but have ‘e heard anything new to make me feel things sre changing- Did something happen today? I heard Beamer was supposed to interview today- what causes you to feel. there is a change of course occurring?

It just becomes more apparent just how bad a shape this program is in across the board. I'm not sure its feasible for two men in their situation to hire someone without the exhibited ability to fix a struggling program. We tried that.

Caslen, as an outside and well traveled professional, is not going to be swayed by any of this "local love" we tend to stir up around here. I get it, you get it, but if he is like most CEOs, he does not get it. He gets being successful, and clearly finding someone who has done the job successfully is the most likely ticket to winning. Plus, wowing his contemporaries with a known, respected hire, raises the perception of his University.

He may quickly realize we can't demand much, and settle. But, that's not his first inclination. IMHO.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Shane will be a great coach here, IMO. He has been here, he is like family and the ex-players are in his corner. He has been around a great head coach all his life and has been coaching in great programs like VT, Georgia and Oklahoma. And he is a great recruiter. Reports are sounding good. Goooooooooooo cocks!

#BeamerBall

Last edited:
Reactions: booref and jerryusc
Cornblut tweeting tonight Beamer will be named this week. Guess I was wrong.

I just hope whoever the coach is, we as the fans get behind and support him. Talk shit about the man to family and friends if you want. But let's at least not post public messages that will do nothing but possibly harm the program. And by that I'm basically saying let's don't talk shit that might hurt recruiting. You know every parent and potential athlete reads social media nowadays. And every opposing coach will bring this type stuff up to recruits.

Shane will be a great coach here, IMO. He has been here, he is like family and the ex-players are in his corner. He has been around a great head coach all his life and has been coaching in great programs like VT, Georgia and Oklahoma. And he is a great recruiter. Reports are sounding good. Goooooooooooo cocks!

#BeamerBall
Sounds like Muskrat before he became a head coach.

I must admit, I’m a bit skeptical about getting on the Shane Train. He might work out. But it’s a crap shoot. I’d rather us get a proven winner with HC experience.

Looking like it's going to be Beamer. I will support whoever they hire but I'll go on record now as saying if they hire Beamer we'll be right back where we are now in another 4-5 years. If I'm wrong I'll be very happy to eat crow, but I don't see it happening. I think this is a stupid move. But typical for USC. That's why we'll always be what we've always been. What hurts so much is that there are coaches available and willing right now, that I believe could turn this mess around. Thanks again Ray.

Sarkisian’s opportunity today as acting HC for Alabama couldn’t have come at a better time for him if he wants our job. We have to interview him. I know we aren’t Alabama but they clearly didn’t miss a beat. He has rebuilt a program as mentioned.
I do wonder how Saban would advise him. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of guy who says this job is a good one or this one isn’t. I could see Sarkisian holding out for a better job.
They don't miss a beat because they have 4 and 5 star players. Its not difficult to coach those type players..

Reactions: 92Pony

#BeamerBall

Sounds like the exact same qualifications Steve Spurrier Jr would list. And for a job in the SEC. Think about it. It's bizarre.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
I'm not saying Beamer couldn't be a great coach but I guess I just dont understand why him over a current successful HC or even a guy like Sarkisian.
He has the former players support - these guys are a fraternity. That support is more about the football brotherhood than it is him being a head coach.
If things went south with Beamer with the fans can you imagine the fallout between former players and fans???
Just something to think about

Reactions: Carolina Doc
They don't miss a beat because they have 4 and 5 star players. Its not difficult to coach those type players..

This isn’t totally true. Big difference in winning and completely dominating. It was impressive how well they played. Rarely does that rivalry produce such a blowout.

Reactions: F-86F
This isn’t totally true. Big difference in winning and completely dominating. It was impressive how well they played. Rarely does that rivalry produce such a blowout.
BLOWOUT? We beating Auburn should tell you all you need to know

All these coaching names.. How do we know they would even come here? How do we know that they haven't been contacted? We just throw names around assuming they want this job and that may not be the case. Truth is, no one knows.

It is shocking how the list of qualifications for candidates seems to have been thrown out the window. Proven coach, successful coach, gone.
And now it's just a guy who "wants to be here", and some ex players like him.

Really? That's how low the bar is now?

All these coaching names.. How do we know they would even come here? How do we know that they haven't been contacted? We just throw names around assuming they want this job and that may not be the case. Truth is, no one knows.
Yea your right. I’m sure nobody but Beamer wants to work four years and make 12-15 million and be set for life. Win or lose.............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT