ADVERTISEMENT

Are you ready for some Beamerball?!?

If Beamer is indeed the coach, he needs the support. While I would’ve wanted someone with HC experience, that doesn’t mean Beamer can’t get it done here. But this program needs some positivity. Next year and probably the next are going to be struggles. Our recruiting class is awful right now. I get not liking Tanner, and it’s justified...but our fans can’t go ape$hit every time we lose next season saying we botched the hire.

Personally I think this hire was convenient and the easiest one. A little disappointed in the process, but I’m hopeful. It will
Be better than what we’ve had over the past 4-1/2 years. Hoping Beamer can hire some good assistants and make SC Football fun to watch again. I’ve said it many times on here lately...we could make the absolute best hire possible and still not get good results. That’s where SC Football is at right now. Everyone needs to do everything possible to help us get out of that hole now. Time to get behind the Coach.

Seems like a shot in the dark, and I don't like who is doing the shooting, does not have good aim at this part of the job, and he can miss very badly

6_5362224.jpg

I think it is a great hire and hope it is true. Beamer knows our school, understands the challenges inherent to the job and he has been a big part of building a successful program here in the past. He has the respect and admiration of former star players and will hopefully be open to having them around a little more, will likely keep Connor on staff... I like almost everything about it! This hire also breaks the mold of unsuccessful hires we have made in the past- guys with maybe more experience who did NOT know squat about SC and did not have any connection or special affinity for the area or for the school.

None of that means he is guaranteed to be successful here, we all know this is a tough job. No hire we have talked about on this board was a guaranteed success and Urban wasn’t coming out if retirement to coach us, so why not give a guy like this a shot? Hope it works out!

Another botched hire by Tanner. He has just over 3 more years on his contract to keep dismantling the mens major sports programs. Worst AD is Carolina history-his legacy.
You assume anyone else wanted this job. I am pretty sure no one does. They can spin it however they wish, but Napier turned us down. Chadwell turned us down. Spurrier left a dumpster fire and Muschamp brought gasoline. This is a massive rebuild. I'll take Beamer, if the rumors are true, because he wants to be here.

You assume anyone else wanted this job. I am pretty sure no one does. They can spin it however they wish, but Napier turned us down. Chadwell turned us down. Spurrier left a dumpster fire and Muschamp brought gasoline. This is a massive rebuild. I'll take Beamer, if the rumors are true, because he wants to be here.
Turned us down? Sources please?

Reactions: booref and MScott64
Yes I will be ready. Whoever is hired has a mess to clean up. My opinion is 3 yrs to fix that and started on right track. Also, hope CS is kept on staff. I would bet the house Beamer will do this.

Reactions: MScott64
So now the qualifications for the Carolina coaching job are: do you really want to coach here and make a minimum of $12 mill? Sign me up then. Go after the Dutch Fork coach then. This is a lazy, shot in the dark hire. Ray Tanner style.

Last edited:
Who would you hire?
Someone that has experience and proven success. USC is just hiring cheap to save money lost on Chump. You guys will all jump on board and start sending money to Ray and the loser program again. In 5 years it will be same ole same ole. That’s the Carolina way. Been happening for 100 years and counting. Have fun with Shane, he will be happy to be a millionaire on your dime. USC sure knows how to turn losers into millionaires.......

Links? Or are you just making up shit on the internet?

So now the qualifications for the Carolina coaching job are: do you really want to coach here and make a minimum of $12 mill? Sign me up then. Go after the Dutch Fork coach then. This is a lazy @ss, shot in the dark hire. Ray Tanner style.
I guess your many years of coaching experience in both college and professional ranks qualifies you for.... I'll take to the bank that you and I know nothing about what we are talking about and maybe Ray Tanner doesn't know s**t, but a broken clock is right twice a day and Urban Meyer ain't knocking on the door. This place is a s**tshow, I doubt Beamer makes it worse. Just because Beamer has not met your credentials, doesn't mean he knows nothing, in fact I know he knows a hell of alot more than you or I. Name a candidate who we have a chance at.

If Beamer is the choice, I am ok with it. Even the established coaches fail. I though Harbaugh was a big hire at Michigan but look how badly that he failed.
IMO Shane will put everything he has in making us successful. He knows the territory and has been involved with a lot of big time programs.
I look at the comments by our former players that I respect and they like the idea. He is very personable and imo he will make it a place where players want to come play and former players want to come back to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT