ADVERTISEMENT

Are you surprised Murray won?

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
I am. I thought it would be close between him and Tua but expected Tua to win. Guess Alabama wins the whole thing now.

I think it’s a shame that Tua didn’t win. The kid had the best individual season I can ever remember...but hey...putting up points against mediocre big 12 defenses is impressive y’all!
Heisman was once about the person who was most valuable to their team. Bama would be 13-0 without tua. Oklahoma is nothing without Murray. They got it right.

Well, I thought Flutie deserved it. I don't think it's about projection into the next level.

No of course not. (Meaning you are right) It's not about that. It's about the best player on a team. That's what it's supposed to be anyway. Tua is so good he didn't even have to play in the 4th quarter in many of their games. How much more good do you have to be?

IMHO, this was a desperation and purely spiteful move by the voters. Anybody but Bama seemed to be the flavor of the day. Tua was the clear favorite all year long, right up until the last minute. I just don't understand it. Not that it matters but I lost a lot of respect for the Heisman trophy after this debacle. Like everything it seems to be all about politics. Oh well.

Total crap IMHO. Gave it to a midget who ain't gonna make it in the league. Not at QB anyway. What is football coming to?
You obviously don't know the meaning of the trophy, thank goodness you are not close to offering a vote!

This Trophy has no bearing on future NFL careers! It's the player that is the MVP and makes his team substantially better. Bama would be 13-0 without Tua and Okl would not! There is supposed to be merit in the trophy and not conference allegiance.

I was fine either way but I do think Murray means more to his team.

I predict TT beats him in draft pick # handily.

Total crap IMHO. Gave it to a midget who ain't gonna make it in the league. Not at QB anyway. What is football coming to?

If I’m Kyler I take my Heisman, $5MM MLB signing bonus, and ride off into the sunset and go play baseball

This was actually not a good thing for the Oklahoma football team. Sometimes Murray lets things go to his head. Plus bulletin board material for Saban.

Reactions: jbouton
Heisman was once about the person who was most valuable to their team. Bama would be 13-0 without tua. Oklahoma is nothing without Murray. They got it right.
This. Using the standards most mentioned on this thread, Rogers would have never won the Heisman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT