ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona has a pretty interesting draft

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
Ok.... new head coach with zero NFL experience , pretty depleted roster , and you have the number 1 pick . Do you ...

A) Draft a 5’10 QB that played in an Air Raid system ( So did Mahommes and Mayfield) that was basically a 1 year wonder . Keep in mind they drafted a QB last year in the top 10 . Also take the risk that Kyler has the potential to jump to MLB anytime if things go sour .

B) Draft a potential Superstar DE (Nick Bosa) who barely played a down last year and has as history of injury (just like his brother) .

C) Trade back and fleece a team that is in love with a QB and pick up a bunch of picks

I’m thinking Option C if I’m the GM . Very interesting dilemma

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
It's very easy choice for competent management. You take a sure hall of famer! No way I'm drafting a 5'10" qb number one overall ! If you want him that bad trade down to 5 or 6.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Shopping Rosen on the trade market may be AZ tipping their hand that they are going to draft Murray. Seldom does a team trade away the previous year's 1st rd pick, but the Cards might be desperate.

Shopping Rosen on the trade market may be AZ tipping their hand that they are going to draft Murray. Seldom does a team trade away the previous year's 1st rd pick, but the Cards might be desperate.

That's insane! If other teams believe they are taking Murray that devalues Rosen. They should be talking trading down. They can still get Murray and a 1 or 2 for Rosen

Or they want someone to jump up and get great value for their # 1 overall, so they act like they are shopping Rosen, to create a market and urgency for Murray and the pick?

Ok I’m I the only one that maybe sees a parallel with Arizona and LA Rams . Rosen reminds me a ton of Jared Goff . Goff was labeled a bust after his first season and it took a great head coach to get him going . Rosen flashed All Pro talent at UCLA . When healthy David Johnson is one of the best three down RB’s in the NFL much like Gurley . Now is Kliff Kingsberry the next hot shot head coach ?? I have serious doubts . Think if I’m Arizona , I trade back and fortify the OL and pick up some weapons for Rosen . Larry Fitzgerald is amazing but he’s almost eligible for Social Security . Trade back , draft the Best OL prospect in the draft and the best WR available with your next pick . If Rosen is a trainwreck next year , move on . I just don’t think I could pull the trigger on Murray or Bosa , to much risk .

Reactions: SCexpat38
Or they want someone to jump up and get great value for their # 1 overall, so they act like they are shopping Rosen, to create a market and urgency for Murray and the pick?
Yup...they could look like the Browns with 1st rd QB draft picks. Murray looks big time, but there's no guarantee he won't be another bust and it's hard to imagine the Cards giving up on Rosen so soon. I think they are gunning for some trades that give them a 2-fer.....we'll see!

Ok I’m I the only one that maybe sees a parallel with Arizona and LA Rams . Rosen reminds me a ton of Jared Goff . Goff was labeled a bust after his first season and it took a great head coach to get him going . Rosen flashed All Pro talent at UCLA . When healthy David Johnson is one of the best three down RB’s in the NFL much like Gurley . Now is Kliff Kingsberry the next hot shot head coach ?? I have serious doubts . Think if I’m Arizona , I trade back and fortify the OL and pick up some weapons for Rosen . Larry Fitzgerald is amazing but he’s almost eligible for Social Security . Trade back , draft the Best OL prospect in the draft and the best WR available with your next pick . If Rosen is a trainwreck next year , move on . I just don’t think I could pull the trigger on Murray or Bosa , to much risk .

Good post.

Sign of our times, but kids get labeled busts way too fast, in my opinion. If a kid can play at a major college, he can play in the NFL if he puts in the work.

Good post.

Sign of our times, but kids get labeled busts way too fast, in my opinion. If a kid can play at a major college, he can play in the NFL if he puts in the work.

Yeah remember when pretty much every rookie QB would sit for sometimes years before they even saw the field . Guys like Steve McNair and even Aaron Rodgers (pretty good guy starting in front of him) sat for at least two years before they saw much action . Rosen reminds me a lot of Goff .. SoCal surfer kid who is extremely smart and poised, very accurate passer , not very mobile or big arm but very polished . Rosen was sacked over 45 times last year so very hard to show much progress laying on your back half the game .

Reactions: SCexpat38
Yeah remember when pretty much every rookie QB would sit for sometimes years before they even saw the field . Guys like Steve McNair and even Aaron Rodgers (pretty good guy starting in front of him) sat for at least two years before they saw much action . Rosen reminds me a lot of Goff .. SoCal surfer kid who is extremely smart and poised, very accurate passer , not very mobile or big arm but very polished . Rosen was sacked over 45 times last year so very hard to show much progress laying on your back half the game .

45 times? Good lord. It's a wonder Rosen's still alive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT