ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas and Alabama sure got good in basketball in a hurry...

Bama has a really experienced team. Will be interesting to see if Oats keeps it going or is this just a year where a bunch of veterans came together.

Arkansas obviously has fantastic basketball tradition and outside of Kentucky has the nost rabid fans in the SEC. Mike Anderson was winning 20+ a year at Arkansas so it isn't like Musselman took over a mess. Musselman is a next level guy though.

Problem is Frank is highly respected among the coaching fraternity. It maybe really hard to get someone in here. I know folks mention Boynton, but he is winning due to 1 guy

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
There's a very long list of basketball programs that turned their fortunes around in a couple years or so
Bama has a really experienced team. Will be interesting to see if Oats keeps it going or is this just a year where a bunch of veterans came together.

Arkansas obviously has fantastic basketball tradition and outside of Kentucky has the nost rabid fans in the SEC. Mike Anderson was winning 20+ a year at Arkansas so it isn't like Musselman took over a mess. Musselman is a next level guy though.

We've had experienced teams under Martin.

There's a very long list of basketball programs that turned their fortunes around in a couple years or so

We've had experienced teams under Martin.
And those experienced teams did well. Even a final four.

And those experienced teams did well. Even a final four.

The FF team is not the only experienced team he had. It's just the only team to be successful. Soooooo....what about the other experienced teams that sucked?

Last edited:
Anyone think Lawson will return for his senior season? I don't think he will get drafted - G League maybe.

And they hired one guy from Buffalo and another from Nevada. Gives us hope!

Bama has twice as many tourney appearances than Carolina. Arkansas has 6 final 4 appearances under 3 different coaches. These are much, much better basketball programs than Carolina. Arkansas especially emphasizes the sport much more than USC

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Bama has twice as many tourney appearances than Carolina. Arkansas has 6 final 4 appearances under 3 different coaches. These are much, much better basketball programs than Carolina. Arkansas especially emphasizes the sport much more than USC
Not really looking for a debate on that stuff nor am I saying you're wrong.
Point is, both programs have been largely irrelevant over the last decade and have made multiple coaching changes as a result.
They seem to have struck gold with these two hires. I'm pretty sure both those men could have done good things in Columbia too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT