ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas St. Fires 2 coaches after game. And THEY WON.

Damn, HC Blake Anderson is not messing around. I guess this puts to bed the argument that coaches would not be fired this year.

https://247sports.com/Article/Arkan...ve-coaches-David-Duggan-Ed-Pinkham-153087492/

I would not equate the firing of a couple assistants on a second tier college team like Arki state to broader discussions about coaches getting fired- doubtful either of those guys had prohibitive buyouts like the coaches generally discussed when we talk hot seats and who may be fired in a covid affected season. Even UT fired their DL coach after getting embarrassed by KY. That probably cost them more than the combined costs of Arki st moving in from both if the coaches they let go. When a major college head coach with a large buyout loses his gig, then I will be surprised.

Those two coaches' combined salary is $300K per state records and they're likely in the final year of two-year contracts or on one year deals. If their contracts run January through December (no idea whether such contracts are annual or track academic years), the buyout would be ~$50K, and if July 1-June 30, the total would be just north of $200K. Some coaches are going to get axed this year, but I'd bet that the numbers will be 75% less than in a "typical" year and that most of the ones who do get the heave-ho will have minimal buyouts.

Reactions: redrogers
Alot of somewhat safe coaches probably look at 2020 as a mulligan year and one in which to make some necessary changes they want, but would not otherwise feel like they could undertake.

No problem for the Champ camp.....expect a contract extension notification shortly. 🙄

Well, we seem to be playing better than we have in the past few years, at least after four games. Let's hope that we can put together a solid season and then we praise our coaches if they do.

My Facebook “memory” from 2012...

“Lol...Spurrier schooled by Miles last week, schooled by Muschamp this week. We need an offensive coordinator. What happened to all those tight ends I heard about in spring and fall...”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT