ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas won't win the CWS

Cocky 45

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2019
Columbia, SC
Last time the #1 overall seed won the CWS was 1999. Everyone thinks they are a shoo-in for the title is most likely wrong. Arky had their shot a championship in 2018, and they choked.

i

Reactions: DarkCock
That was 2018, this is 2021. They may win it, they may not, but that play has no bearing on it.

In 2018, Pig Athletic Department policy was to patently refuse to play any in-state schools in regularly scheduled in-season competition. Ergo, I was happy they dropped that ball.

For the last 2-3 years, they finally made good, and now schedule in-state opponents in several sports.

I'll start pulling for them when they travel in-state.

The baseball team that does best in the regular season is very, very deep. The team that wins the CWS has a couple or three of outstanding pitchers. Different talent needs. Vanderbilt has two starting pitchers likely to go top 10 in the MLB draft. I would call them the favorite.

In 2018, Pig Athletic Department policy was to patently refuse to play any in-state schools in regularly scheduled in-season competition. Ergo, I was happy they dropped that ball.

For the last 2-3 years, they finally made good, and now schedule in-state opponents in several sports.

I'll start pulling for them when they travel in-state.
Hmm, U used the term “ergo”, therefore you’re obviously just too lazy to type “therefore”!!

RollLaughjumpingsmileSmokinSmilejumpingsmileRollLaugh

Sorry!! Lame I know, but just could not help such!!

• Haha
Reactions: atl-cock
So is there usually this much time between conference tournaments and first pitch of a regional? Has it always started on Fridays? I dont know why I thought it was usually sooner.

So is there usually this much time between conference tournaments and first pitch of a regional? Has it always started on Fridays? I dont know why I thought it was usually sooner.
Yes, This has always been the schedule.

Reactions: bucketdad
Baseball is funny sometimes and Arkansas may very well end up not winning it, but I’m going to take the opposite opinion and say they will be the national champion. That is hands down the best team I have seen all season.

Told you. Arkansas is a very deep team built to win 50 games in the regular season, but not necessarily the best for a regional or super regional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT