ADVERTISEMENT

Army v Navy - I guaranteed it gets played

ToddFlanders

Mar 30, 2007
Maybe even throw a round robin with Air Force. Those are the only schools that we’ll be able to guarantee no exposures. And I greatly look forward to those games.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Army is down to two opponents, one of them being Navy.
I'm a big Army fan, but I just don't see them being able to have a 2 game season.
BTW - Air Force is in the Mountain West and they have postponed/cancelled fall football.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I'm a big Army fan, but I just don't see them being able to have a 2 game season.
BTW - Air Force is in the Mountain West and they have postponed/cancelled fall football.

If the only game played this Fall is Army/Navy - the country would rejoice and it would be the most watched college football game in a long time.

Their kids are in their barracks, have government testing and protocols in place - and they can keep them from going out at night (or going anywhere at anytime for that matter). Those teams will keep practicing and will play somewhere in December because there will literally be nothing from stopping them.

They could play but if everyone else is gone I really can’t see it, but I guess it’s possible.

If the only game played this Fall is Army/Navy - the country would rejoice and it would be the most watched college football game in a long time.

Their kids are in their barracks, have government testing and protocols in place - and they can keep them from going out at night (or going anywhere at anytime for that matter). Those teams will keep practicing and will play somewhere in December because there will literally be nothing from stopping them.
I will go along with your first sentiment, however West Point housing for cadets is not limited to on campus only, unless you are a freshman.

It would be awesome if that game could be played. I always look forward watching it. One of my coworkers is a Navy grad, and has been to the game several times. He was impressed when I told him in conversation that I’d seen Brett Favre play twice in person.

I said .”Dang man, that’s nothing compared to watching the Army vs Navy game!”

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Not sure about West Point but the Naval Academy will be doing in person classes. Once all of he students are in place, they will be restricted to campus.

I get the passion, pageantry and history around Army-Navy game. But In my opinion the actual game itself is not that good.
8109435215afe655b2a09171b3318011.gif

tenor.gif

There is an exemption for AF to play the other armed forces for their trophy.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Army and Georgia Southern agreed today to a game this year in Michie Stadium (I used to run in their end zone as a kid). Army's Head Coach used to be Georgia Southern's so that likely helped, but Southern lost their game vs Ole Miss, so this worked out well for both schools.

Army and Georgia Southern agreed today to a game this year in Michie Stadium (I used to run in their end zone as a kid). Army's Head Coach used to be Georgia Southern's so that likely helped, but Southern lost their game vs Ole Miss, so this worked out well for both schools.
1 down, 9 to go.
SPLN000173.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT