ADVERTISEMENT

Article from NYT on Hilinski:

After they move in, I'm going to bring them a pecan pie. Southern hospitality. Of course, I'll have to buy one because i damn sure can't make it.

Man, the kid has been on an emotional rollercoaster.

Boy, if my Mother-In-Law were still alive, I would have her make his family a great pecan pie, they are very hard to make. But my Mother-In-Law was the best and I do mean the best cook I ever had to pleasure of eating her cooking. Plus, she lived near Lake Murray so it would be easy to drop it off at their house. LOL!

Who was it?

Well i did not write then article but since Nixon was from a Arizona Juco, they were not talking about him even though he was from California.

In 2015, we signed 2 players from California Juco's

Who can forget Ernest Hawkins from Hartnell College in Salinas, Calif.

And also Toure Boyd from Rancho Cucamonga CA Juco

Boyd is # 27, and Hawkins # 12

ernest-hawkins

Oh, my gosh. Criticism of performance comes with being in the arena. These college "kids" are old enough to vote, get married without parental permission, and go to war. And they accept the glory well enough when it is lavished upon them. Criticizing ballplayers is a long way from trivializing someone's suicide or marginalizing one who committed suicide.
There is a difference between Criticism and bashing a kid. I've seen comments about Jake being Worthless, stupid, and a Bum. And hopes he gets injured so he won't play comments. That's not criticism that's bashing him with hate.

Last edited:
Reactions: GatorlandGamecock
I feel like they are trusting Gamecock Nation, Columbia, and South Carolina with a lot. I sort of feel like we have a responsibility to look after them; and Ryan in particular. I feel personally involved- last time I felt this way was with Marcus.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I feel like they are trusting Gamecock Nation, Columbia, and South Carolina with a lot. I sort of feel like we have a responsibility to look after them; and Ryan in particular. I feel personally involved- last time I felt this way was with Marcus.

That’s my feeling too. It makes me nervous almost. After all this kid and his family have been through, and as talented as he is, he just deserves to be successful. I pray that we can deliver for them

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT