ADVERTISEMENT

As well as Champ is recruiting

Maybe the person reading it is too dumb to understand it?
Then maybe I should finish the statement for it to make sense......”recruiting gets even better until you play Pitt in the conference championship, then you make the playoffs and win a national championship and the recruiting gets even better. Wash rinse and repeat.

New rivals update.
Kenion and Fitten both lose their 4 star status. Moved down to high 3 star..5.7
In a couple of months we had 9 4 or 5 stars now just 6.
Yesterday, our avg star rating was 3.53
Today, our avg star rating is 3.41.
Ridiculous

Reactions: rogue cock
Then maybe I should finish the statement for it to make sense......”recruiting gets even better until you play Pitt in the conference championship, then you make the playoffs and win a national championship and the recruiting gets even better. Wash rinse and repeat.

Yep, too dumb.

So you expect they'll be better than their "stars" indicate? Has that frequently been our experience with such players?
I really don't know honestly but that seems to be a common theme on FGF. I do think it could be a slight influence from time to time for players to get a boost or drop based on who they've committed to. Whether it's subconscious or blatant, who really knows.

As long as our staff is evaluating them properly, it won't matter where they end up ranked. Looking at the offer lists, I think we have our fair share of high level recruits.

Ok, I’m officially concerned about this year’s class.

From a pipeline perspective, we need linebackers (any position), edge rushers, and DBs (any position).

We only have one top 150 player currently committed from those position groups, Joespeh Anderson, who, like Pickens, might end up moving inside rather than becoming an elite edge rusher. Fitten might work out at buck, but his first step doesn’t look elite.

We probably have the worst linebacker group in the SEC, and we don’t have a top 500 player coming in at that position.

Cam Smith is the only DB we have committed, and he was such a late bloomer than he wasn’t on most SEC boards. He looks like he can play, but he’s a project. And we need another CB and someone who could play safety.

Beyond that, we don’t have anyone who looks like an elite LT prospect in this class. Mullins is your WR prospect, but he’s raw. Taking a complete shot in the dark with the RB position.

Only other top 200 guy we look likely to add is Sorrels, but with Pickens and Anderson as candidates to move inside, plus Sandidge and Belk, DT or big ends in the 3 down set is a position group that’s already strong.

Probably end up with Robinson and Dixon to complete the DB group— which ok, quality guys, but not the elite DB talent you would hope T rob and Muschamp could pull. Hill and Steele look like Florida locks.

No elite WR or RB recruit in this class. No elite left tackle prospect. The Linebacker situation is a mess.

From a pipeline perspective, we need linebackers (any position), edge rushers, and DBs (any position).

We only have one top 150 player currently committed from those position groups, Joespeh Anderson, who, like Pickens, might end up moving inside rather than becoming an elite edge rusher. Fitten might work out at buck, but his first step doesn’t look elite.

We probably have the worst linebacker group in the SEC, and we don’t have a top 500 player coming in at that position.

Cam Smith is the only DB we have committed, and he was such a late bloomer than he wasn’t on most SEC boards. He looks like he can play, but he’s a project. And we need another CB and someone who could play safety.

Beyond that, we don’t have anyone who looks like an elite LT prospect in this class. Mullins is your WR prospect, but he’s raw. Taking a complete shot in the dark with the RB position.

Only other top 200 guy we look likely to add is Sorrels, but with Pickens and Anderson as candidates to move inside, plus Sandidge and Belk, DT or big ends in the 3 down set is a position group that’s already strong.

Probably end up with Robinson and Dixon to complete the DB group— which ok, quality guys, but not the elite DB talent you would hope T rob and Muschamp could pull. Hill and Steele look like Florida locks.

No elite WR or RB recruit in this class. No elite left tackle prospect. The Linebacker situation is a mess.
Also have Enagbare at DE. We do need more LBs, but we did get Rosendo Louis and Ernest Jones last year. We took a lot of OL last year.,,,and DBs, many of whom had to unexpectedly play at the end of the year and acquitted themselves pretty well.

Reactions: funktavious

The kid that transferred from Southern Cal should help at the corner spot. We've certainly taken a lot of defensive backs the past three years. Maybe we can find a serviceable 5th year guy.

The linebacker corps is a disaster. Why Muschamp decided to bring back Hutzler is a sublime mystery to me.

I would add Hooper is not flipping to us from UF. I think this whole story is more Gamecockcentral and the TOS hype than anything else.

I got beat up on, called a “tater” etc for saying I expected better, especially with this recruiting class. I hope there are guys we just don’t know about bc at the moment this class is not turning the corner which is at this stage I think we should have seen the beginnings of that. In the world of social media, it’s hard not to have that kind of information. I like Pickens and the QB’s we appear to be bringing in but we have very few SEC level playmakers. We are slow and small on defense and that is a bad combo and need playmakers at receiver and running back. Just thought the relationships with high schools would have paid off by this recruiting class. Maybe they will, hoping.

I always have something to look forward to.
Look forward to thinking on this. Name the one coach that will come to USC and the one you gurantee will do the great things you are asking for., win consistently, recruit the 5's like UGA and Al., Fla. ETC Go ahead. Name him.

Look forward to thinking on this. Name the one coach that will come to USC and the one you gurantee will do the great things you are asking for., win consistently, recruit the 5's like UGA and Al., Fla. ETC Go ahead. Name him.
My anticipation is diverse in nature and not confined to football. Right now, I'm looking forward to hosting a family gathering at the beach on 12/29.

Reactions: Gaimcock
This year's Arkansas story feels much like the Ole Miss pull 8-10yrs ago. Be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I got beat up on, called a “tater” etc for saying I expected better, especially with this recruiting class. I hope there are guys we just don’t know about bc at the moment this class is not turning the corner which is at this stage I think we should have seen the beginnings of that. In the world of social media, it’s hard not to have that kind of information. I like Pickens and the QB’s we appear to be bringing in but we have very few SEC level playmakers. We are slow and small on defense and that is a bad combo and need playmakers at receiver and running back. Just thought the relationships with high schools would have paid off by this recruiting class. Maybe they will, hoping.
You aren't wrong. Keep up the good work.

Whether we have the 11th best recruiting class in the SEC or the 8th best in the conference will be of little consequence if our players don't play above their collective recruiting rankings. At some point, a successful coach proves he can do more with his players than other coaches could. He does more with less and parlays that success into better recruiting classes so that he eventually does more with more.

Reactions: vacock# and ddw1263
Thanks for clearing that up

Whether we have the 11th best recruiting class in the SEC or the 8th best in the conference will be of little consequence if our players don't play above their collective recruiting rankings. At some point, a successful coach proves he can do more with his players than other coaches could. He does more with less and parlays that success into better recruiting classes so that he eventually does more with more.
We've seen cases of that in the past, such as Beamer's better teams at Va. Tech. Obviously, the better Ga. Tech teams have been better than their recruiting rankings would have indicated. Snyder did some of that at KSU. But has anybody really pulled it off over any period of time in the SEC?

time to finish strong. I am pleased we have 3 in the top 100 and are still in the mix for 2 more in that top tier (Steele, Crouch). Barely 2 weeks !!!!!!!

Coffee is for Closers, lets close

ps I want Eric Crouch
Crouch is not coming to Carolina! He has already snubbed a visit a few wks ago.

Klempson technical agriculture institute is what i heard.
He is a very private guy but you are correct, all signs point to him at Clemson.

He might have a rude awakening at whichever school he goes too. He has basically taken off all of last summers workouts, then he got hurt early this year then took rest of season off to get ready for college.

That said, I'm not sure his mindset is of caliber to make it at Carolina or Clemson. He has made excuses as to why he could not play for 2yrs now. He will be first player to sit as softmore for the NFL draft and go as substitute teacher!

His work ethic has been highly questioned and desire to help team. If any of these traits arise after he chooses a school he will totally lose! He was one of my biggest disappointments this year as I expected big play?

Yeah you get called a “Tater” a lot when you use pesky things like facts to back up your post . Not a bad class but not the kinda class that builds a team that can compete for the East .

Personally think we should spend most of our time recruiting the State of Florida. Especially on the defensive side. Those guys seem to defy the ratings system on a consistent basis - quick and hard hitters.

Yes, i would feel differently if spurrier were coaching this bunch. Our fundamentals on defense are the worst i have seen in a while and have been bad since this staff took over.
You must not have been paying attention the 2 years before this staff took over

Reactions: rogue cock
He is a very private guy but you are correct, all signs point to him at Clemson.

He might have a rude awakening at whichever school he goes too. He has basically taken off all of last summers workouts, then he got hurt early this year then took rest of season off to get ready for college.

That said, I'm not sure his mindset is of caliber to make it at Carolina or Clemson. He has made excuses as to why he could not play for 2yrs now. He will be first player to sit as softmore for the NFL draft and go as substitute teacher!

His work ethic has been highly questioned and desire to help team. If any of these traits arise after he chooses a school he will totally lose! He was one of my biggest disappointments this year as I expected big play?
I wonder if he's going to be one of those guys that we're talking about a few years from now saying, "whatever happened to so and so? He was rated pretty high as a recruit."

I wonder if he's going to be one of those guys that we're talking about a few years from now saying, "whatever happened to so and so? He was rated pretty high as a recruit."
Could be that but I expect he will be the one that if he has a good sophomore year, he might be the first one to step away his junior year to prep for NFL since he took his senior year off for college.

From what I understood, our problem with him is that we were recruiting him as a RB (which is where he is highly rated), but he wants to play LB in college. Other schools are saying he can play LB....not sure our coaches like him at LB, though not sure their's really do either. Beginning to sound a lot like the reverse-Joyner situation for us.

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT