ADVERTISEMENT

As well as Champ is recruiting

I disagree with this statement. It's not really possible to project some of these players as likely, or unlikely, based on anything other than opinion/or simply a guess. Our staff is actively recruiting all of the players below. I'm not predicting which players will or will not sign with us, but there are still reasons to believe we are in it with all of them.

5 star CB Chris Steele
4 star RB Eric Gray
4 star LB Tyrone Hopper
4 star DB Jammie Robinson
4 star Athlete Jashawn Sheffield
4 star CB Johnny Dixon
4 star DT Jaquaze Sorrells
3 star OL Jakai Moore
3 star CB Jaydon Hill
3 star OL Darius Washington
3 star Athlete Xavier Leggette

Moore is down to us our Penn State

Matthew Bedford is a OT Indiana Commit that seems to be a plan B for Washington or Moore, the last player this staff flipped from Indiana turned out to be a good one

And I have not seen CB Daquan Watts the former UCF commit from Atlanta who is a Feb, a taller corner, doesnt sign until Feb, mentioned either in this thread, probably a plan B

Last edited:
Clemson is basically neglecting to recruit the state of South Carolina, this should really help us build great relationships with high school coaches within the state. Hopefully when their little reign is over high schools that have been ignored by them will send their players our way.

Reactions: roosterbell
Clemson is basically neglecting to recruit the state of South Carolina, this should really help us build great relationships with high school coaches within the state. Hopefully when their little reign is over high schools that have been ignored by them will send their players our way.
They have been picking and choosing the best ones in state like XT and every other in state d linemen. They have made the state only a priority for a select players.

I think all that in state stuff is kind of nonsense. High school coaches don't trade on favors like they used to. They just want to know that if they identify a kid for a coach, that the coach will give him a fair look. If they have a legit prospect, they want to know they are sending him to a coach who will keep him out of trouble and prepare him for the NFL. That's it. A top tier coach can walk into any high school, talk to any high school coach, and get time with a kid he wants to recruit.

And these high school coaches know when they have a kid who could play at Carolina or Clemson, and there are no hard feelings if an in state school goes out of state for talent. There's not a bunch of high school coaches pissed off at Dabo right now because he's more active in Georgia and Florida.

What??
I think all that in state stuff is kind of nonsense. High school coaches don't trade on favors like they used to. They just want to know that if they identify a kid for a coach, that the coach will give him a fair look. If they have a legit prospect, they want to know they are sending him to a coach who will keep him out of trouble and prepare him for the NFL. That's it. A top tier coach can walk into any high school, talk to any high school coach, and get time with a kid he wants to recruit.

And these high school coaches know when they have a kid who could play at Carolina or Clemson, and there are no hard feelings if an in state school goes out of state for talent. There's not a bunch of high school coaches pissed off at Dabo right now because he's more active in Georgia and Florida.

I agree completely.

Plus there are factors like how many recruits are in the state each year, the size of each schools recruiting class and what positions a team needs to fill.

There just aren't that many kids in SC each year destined to play P5 football

Per Rivals, here is the breakdown of the last 3 classes for SC and GA. The state rankings cap at 100 so the gap may be wider in the amount of D1 talent between the two states. These are the best prospects from each state rated 3 stars or higher.

Year 5 Star 4 Star 3 Star Total in SC
2018 1 5 24 30
2017 0 3 17 20
2016 0 6 8 15

Year 5 Star 4 Star 3 Star Total In GA
2018 5 39 56 100
2017 4 27 69 100
2016 5 28 42 75

Its pretty easy to see that the penal colony to the south of us has way more options to fill your roster. Also I looks like Clemson and USC basically split the top recruits in SC each year with the rest going elsewhere to play. To say either team is ignoring recruits in their own state is silly.

Can't measure anything on that game. Players sit out of bowl games these days. Our top 2 are not playing.

If we can’t beat a 7-5 ACC team without or without Deebo we need to drop out of the SEC and join the MAC . No SEC team should lose to a 7-5 ACC squad .

Reactions: ddw1263
Why did they lose star ranking? Sounds fishy to me. This is a trick the Clemsons and Bamas of college football use. Spurrier used to comment how our recruits were 4-5 stars until they signed with us, and when recruits signed with Bama, they went from 3-4 stars to 4-5 stars.
So by this logic, our recruits are just as good as Bama and the taters.

For anyone paying attention, Clemson is about to be in trouble with their OL recruiting... or lack thereof recently.

I noticed. They just offered Jakai Moore out of Virginia. It looks like that's between us and PSU....Clemson appears to be late to the game. Not sure their DL recruiting is going as well lately, either.
Maybe Dabo doesn't care as much as he once did since, according to all the Bammers, he's going to be in Tuscaloosa in a few years. :D

I'm not sure where you think these players are coming from?

Steele sounds like a UF commit. We aren't flipping the other two UF guys. Gray is projected to Tennessee. Sorrells appears to be a non-qualifier. Moore is going to Penn State. Jamario isn't coming back on the board. Crouch will play linebacker at Clemson. Shilo Sanders will go to FSU (he's a project anyway).

What we're looking at is
--Jammie Robinson: Rivals 4 star, consensus 3 star safety
--John Dixon: Rivals 4 star, consensus 3 star CB
--Xavier Legette: Rivals 3 star, consensus 3 star WR

I don't see anyone else on our board that's likely, interested or a take.

This is just not accurate according to insiders on this site. I'm not going to pass along information from TIF, but there are several other players on the board to keep an eye on. I don't know where you're getting your projections, but some of what you listed doesn't match what is being reported on this site.

Let us all know how the insider's intel pans out.

Reactions: Thechamp2026
They have been picking and choosing the best ones in state like XT and every other in state d linemen. They have made the state only a priority for a select players.
They have 1 commit from the state of SC and he is a 3 star linebacker. It could be an anomaly but that's not exactly making your state a priority. I'm hoping that it is the beginning of a trend.

I noticed. They just offered Jakai Moore out of Virginia. It looks like that's between us and PSU....Clemson appears to be late to the game. Not sure their DL recruiting is going as well lately, either.
They've done a really good job recruiting DE's in previous years but for the last 3 cycles they haven't seemed to be hitting on any quality DT prospects. Josh Belk was their biggest recruit and he's here now.

Reactions: rogue cock
This is true. Maybe in a couple of years this will hurt them. But I dont know.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT