ADVERTISEMENT

at 9-3, I think we all thought the NIT was probable, but will we win again?

gridfan

Dec 7, 2001
Mt. Pleasant, SC
I'm not so sure we will win another game much less the 7 or 8 games that would be necessary to get to .500, our defense is good but our offense disappears for long stretches, it seems like we have to shoot 75% to stay in a game

It will take 18 wins minimum to get to the NIT. No SEC team has made the NIT with less than 18 wins in the 5 past years.

To get to 18 wins, Carolina will have to win 8 of our remaining 12 games. I just don't see that happening with this team's inability to shoot the basketball. Looking at the schedule, I see perhaps a few home wins (Miss State, Mizzou, maybe Texas A&M) and perhaps a road upset in Nashville, for around 3 or 4 more wins this season, which would put us at 13-17 or 14-16 overall.

Even with the good wins before SEC play, we are still a poor team. I see maybe one or 2 more wins. You have to be able to score to win and we dont have any pure scorer's on this team.

Originally posted by 1vagamecock:
Even with the good wins before SEC play, we are still a poor team. I see maybe one or 2 more wins. You have to be able to score to win and we dont have any pure scorer's on this team.
Please, they've had 3 close losses that could've gone either way. That's the difference between 13-5 and 10-8. Kentucky is good when they really want to be but they also play down every chance they get. The opportunity was there. Good God, how many 12 footers were missed today? 22% from the field and we still only lose by 15? One more 3 and 19/53(36%) instead of 12/53 and we win. Unreal. Sure, it's players playing, but my focus is on coaches coaching. As mad as Frank get's on camera you'd think he send off some people to the bus station with a peanut butter sandwich. I'll get walkons and JC's up in here that will hit 12 footers when the time is ripe. Or take the rock to the hole inside with 2 hands instead of one? Has the taller Lithuanian ever heard of using your body to block defenders? Has he been TAUGHT how to do it?

Mizzou, TAMU, Miss St, Arkansas maybe UGA per Massey

Massey projects 14-16 and 5-13 in the SEC.

We are projected to beat:
Missouri
Texas A&M
Mississippi St
Arkansas

49% chance of beating UGA at home.

Just win. Play like the team that beat Bama and Iowa St.

http://masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7242&s=267615

We have 7 games left with the top 6 teams in the conference (the only teams with a winning conference record). Outside of Kentucky, though, the games are winnable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT