ADVERTISEMENT

At baseball game

The excitement Here is out of this world crazy!
NOT.

Players look bored. Fans look like they are at a golf tourny. Just sad honestly.

What could have been if Ray didn't want to be something he isn’t.

Sorry

Hard to blame the fans when we still don’t have a hit. Nothing to cheer about. I salute you for going.

Reactions: cockofdawn and PC31
It is cold out there, can you check and see if we have the bat warmers on please?

NOT.

Players look bored. Fans look like they are at a golf tourny. Just sad honestly.

Sorry
If this were Holy Cross or Northwestern then the lack of enthusiasm could be understandable but this is Clemosn for crying out loud. It is so sad....

Just left! Absolutely zero to cheer about. Bad pitching. Bad fielding. No hits. This team gave the fans nothing to cheer for. If you weren’t there, then you have no need to comment about the fans.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Just left! Absolutely zero to cheer about. Bad pitching. Bad fielding. No hits. This team gave the fans nothing to cheer for. If you weren’t there, then you have no need to comment about the fans.
I was referring to the team. Nothing negative meant towards the fans at all. Commend you for going. I would be there myself if I were in the area....

Reactions: davidusc
Hopefully this will be a learning experience for tomorrow and will fire them up. The Clemson pitcher was for real.

Well I will say this...the pitching had a chance to be really good. But our pitching coach took a visit to the mound in the 4th inning when we had a 1-2 count on a .143 average batter. The batter had just fouled off a 93 mph fastball. Evidently he told our pitcher to throw off speed when ahead in the count. Next 81 mph pitch landed over the fence for a homerun. Brilliant! A .143 batter probably has more trouble with a 93 mph fastball. Same thing next inning. Not a Meade fan.

On the flip side, our pitcher had the most errors in the game.

And this team is SLOW!!!

The most amazing thing about this game is Monte taking out a kid after 7 innings of no-hit ball. The second most amazing thing tonight is Weatherly letting Monte take him out during a no-hitter. I would have argued and pleaded with him to let me pitch until they got a hit off me or I started walking batter after batter. If that didn't work, I'd have lost my scholly by decking his butt right on the mound!!

Reactions: back from the past
This team is slow and boring and dull. It is just sad. My husband and I went 2nite because a USC fan who has 4 season tickets didn't want to go. I would not go back.

Yeah, we got several areas to fine tune before we will be considered a good team. Hitting, fielding, etc...I agree with the above, we are also very slow. I wonder if Shilo's speed would have contributed. Hopefully Kingston and the team will come ready to play tomorrow.

Yeah, we got several areas to fine tune before we will be considered a good team. Hitting, fielding, etc...I agree with the above, we are also very slow. I wonder if Shilo's speed would have contributed. Hopefully Kingston and the team will come ready to play tomorrow.

That Clemson kid with his speed caused Mlodzinski and Clark fits tonight. Apparently, our coaches are very good at scouting talent, though, and can see if a kid is good fielder/ good enough to play D1 after 30 swings of BP.

Last edited:
Don't know a ton about baseball, but I am pretty sure that even Mr. Shilo Sanders would not have helped much tonight.

I was there and have been at nearly every home game these last ten seasons. This was mind numbingly bad...no hitter into the ninth inning (one hit, solo HR) four Gamecock errors and gave up 11 Clemson hits/ 7 runs. Gonna be a long (short) season.

Well look at the bright side: other than bad pitching (3 HR and TWO ERRORS), pitiful offense (NO HIT for seven innings and 12 strike outs), a few defensive lapses, and poor coaching/preparation.....we looked like a team destined for Omaha!

Reactions: Lakecock1
The most amazing thing about this game is Monte taking out a kid after 7 innings of no-hit ball. The second most amazing thing tonight is Weatherly letting Monte take him out during a no-hitter. I would have argued and pleaded with him to let me pitch until they got a hit off me or I started walking batter after batter. If that didn't work, I'd have lost my scholly by decking his butt right on the mound!!
Pitchcount decision. Early in the season. No brainer.

Pitchcount decision. Early in the season. No brainer.

Ah, the almighty "pitch count" .... the most asinine of all the new baseball commandments. I'm wondering how many Gamecock (or Clemson) pitchers in our 100+ years of baseball have ever thrown a complete game no-hitter against their rival? The Billy Beane counters and stat nerds have sucked the heart right out of our former national pastime.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Ah, the almighty "pitch count" .... the most asinine of all the new baseball commandments. I'm wondering how many Gamecock (or Clemson) pitchers in our 100+ years of baseball have ever thrown a complete game no-hitter against their rival? The Billy Beane counters and stat nerds have sucked the heart right out of our former national pastime.
I don't think the pitch count is the end-all, be-all for when to pull a pitcher. But thanks to year round travel ball and unscrupulous coaches, Tommy John surgeries have become all too common. So I can't blame coaches for being careful with their pitchers early in the season.

I sit in Section 2, and I must say the students were great! They were giving Clemson players hell through the first few innings. Wished they could have had a lot more to cheer about. Doesn’t seem like the same type of swagger is there like Tanner’s teams had. No fight, heart, or leadership.

Many will come on here and say that Ray Tanner deserves to be AD because he was a great baseball coach.

Cant blame fans when they show up in freezing temperatures and most do not even see a hit before they left, even if they stayed for 2.5 hours.

We should probably thank the tater pitchers for walking a few so we could at least have a base runner and a few minutes of hope. Oh well....hope to turn the tide today.

Reactions: davidusc
If this were Holy Cross or Northwestern then the lack of enthusiasm could be understandable but this is Clemosn for crying out loud. It is so sad....
Would you be enthusiastic about getting your skull cracked wide open just because you were fighting Tyson Fury?

If he has hit a certain pitch count Monty did what he has to do. You can't let someone go longer this early in the season and risk losing him for the year... Good unselfish move.. I wish someone would had done that for me in College and saved me from myself.

NOT.

Sorry
How many times does it have to be posted that Tanner was not going to coach past the 2013 season? Even if he had not become AD, he was not going to coach.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT