ADVERTISEMENT

At least we're used to losing our first NCAA tourney game...

usc01#

Jan 19, 2001
when we make the tournament. This team has absolutely SUCKED the last 4 weeks and while its great that we will make the tourney (we will); it's gonna be one and done. NICE work again today Duane Notice.

Reactions: nikolas22
No way this team deserves a bid the way they played the last month. Last years team was more deserving even without the RPI. How the heck would you ever rate this team the 31st best team in the country. The way they're playing I'd put them around 70 or 80.

This team is 2-5 in their last 7 games. Thank God we played so well before that or we'd be in NIT territory...it's all about seeding and we will probably end up with a 9 or 10 seed when we could've been a 5 if we had finished 5-2 (and not 2-5). So F'n frustrating. We're playing like a team ranked about 120 in the RPI now.

Might be better off going to NIT in at least then we might be able to win a game. No way they win in NCAA which will make us an even bigger joke with announcers saying "South Carolna has not won an NCAA game sinc 1973". Gotta admit that has to be in the bottom 2 or 3 schools in the country if not the worst. Even Coppin State hasn't done that!

In a low scoring game, you better damn well hit the free throws.

Bama did, we didn't.

It's like the PGA. You've got to make the 4 foot putts.

Bama did, we didn't.

We hit all our free throws we still lose by 1--based on the stats. You want a stat?
Rebounds: Bama: 40 USC: 25--THAT is the difference. Rebounding is nothing but effort; which we sorely lacked in this game (and many others over the last month). How many second chance opportunities did they have today?

We hit all our free throws we still lose by 1--based on the stats. You want a stat?
Rebounds: Bama: 40 USC: 25--THAT is the difference. Rebounding is nothing but effort; which we sorely lacked in this game (and many others over the last month). How many second chance opportunities did they have today?
Again, same as when the two teams squared off here.

This team reminds me of our 2008 football team that went to the Outback Bowl but didn't deserve to. We had a 5-2 record just past the midpoint of the season but stumbled across the finish line at 7-5 and got blown out in our last two regular season games. Some people were surprised that we got dominated by an Iowa team that wasn't exactly dominant. But we were simply an Independence Bowl caliber team playing in a New Year's Day bowl.

I fear this basketball team is an NIT-bubble-caliber team going to the NCAAT based on what they did 2 months ago.

We missed the front end of a bunch of 1and1's.

Reactions: king ward
I've been saying this for a month during our 3-9 finish. Glad we will be playing an opponent outside of our conference in the dance, 7 seed thru 10 seed doesn't matter. Getting away from the familiarity of like opponents will help us win one maybe two games in the dance. We dont have UK's individual talent and our 1 scorer defensive system mentality has been completely broken down by our common multiple game conference opponents. I dont trust the resumes of teams from the rest of the country save the ACC's top 5 or 6. Just sayin', I like our system against the Monmouths and Big 12 teams of the country etc..

I've been saying this for a month during our 3-9 finish. Glad we will be playing an opponent outside of our conference in the dance, 7 seed thru 10 seed doesn't matter. Getting away from the familiarity of like opponents will help us win one maybe two games in the dance. We dont have UK's individual talent and our 1 scorer defensive system mentality has been completely broken down by our common multiple game conference opponents. I dont trust the resumes of teams from the rest of the country save the ACC's top 5 or 6. Just sayin', I like our system against the Monmouths and Big 12 teams of the country etc..
That's one of the most Pollyanna-esque posts I've ever read at any time on any topic.

This has been Frank's team problems since he's been here, no reliable shooter and poor foul shooting. I thought that was about coaching, teaching your guys basic shooting.

Bama did, we didn't.

its what we do in big games. get used to it and you will be much happier. we are not serious about athletics we a tree planting school

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Bama did, we didn't.

and i believe bama was the worse free throw shooting team in the league.....looks like we swapped places today

I like our chances to win one or two. Not impressed with Big 12 or Big 10. Really only impressed with ACC. I think SEC Hoops is woefully underrated. I was encouraged by Dozier today. Didn't expect Duane to go completely missing. Just a bucket or two from him and I really believe we win by 6 or 7 points. Defense was outstanding. I'm sorry I don't share the pessimism as we get out against other competition. I will admit that we really don't look like we are having very much fun. That bothers me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT