ADVERTISEMENT

Atlas Road Crew

PerchedOnRings

Oct 1, 2001
Anyone on here know this band? They're playing downtown here in KY tonight. Thought we might go support them. Recommended? Thoughts? What type of music? Heard they formed at USC.

Soft rock/pop type of music. Very non descript, generic sound. They won't become recording stars, but this type of group is enjoyable in a small venue on a night out at a local bar/pub.

You won't leave wondering when they'll be discovered, but you won't waste the evening either.

Anyone on here know this band? They're playing downtown here in KY tonight. Thought we might go support them. Recommended? Thoughts? What type of music? Heard they formed at USC.
Well, so far, a bunch of well-performed Widespread Panic. Plus, when we walked into a Convention Center full of KY folk (moved inside due to weather), they saw us & all said "Go Cocks!".

I was trying to reply with quotes, and highlight in bold the part that said "They saw us and all said go cocks" ...

But this new fangled board just doesn't let it work like that it seems, at least not this time. Very difficult to reply with quotes and make part of it bold....

But....very nice about the "go cocks" part!! Very proud!

Never
Soft rock/pop type of music. Very non descript, generic sound. They won't become recording stars, but this type of group is enjoyable in a small venue on a night out at a local bar/pub.

You won't leave wondering when they'll be discovered, but you won't waste the evening either.

Turns out they are managed by Mark Bryan's group, and they will be discovered and recording. Played a lot of originals as the night progressed.

No, They don't play soft rock/pop.
They play Zeppelin, skynyrd, etc.
local boys, gamecocks and a good cover band with some ordinal stuff.

I wasn't meaning to disrespect this group, only describe what I have heard of them. I haven't heard them do Zep, Skynyrd etc and am proud because I love old rock n roll, REAL rock n roll. I've seen in person nearly every great rock n roll band that existed, love them all! Have

When you see a competent group like this live, it takes the experience up a notch, and can be very enjoyable. I based my opinion of their future from a demo tape/cd I had the opportunity to hear 3 or so years ago (or thereabouts) with original songs. My opinion, and that of a couple others in the music industry is they are competent, will have a nice local/regional following, but not a group that will be widespread marketable past the regional level. Just an opinion of some in the music industry, yet of course groups can evolve and prove record labels wrong (see Elvis). I am aware that Hooties producer recorded them. The demo's of their originals (that I heard) was most definitely soft rock/pop. I'm glad they can do some good rock n roll though (although there are few that truly remembers or knows what real rock n roll is...see Grand Funk etc) But yes live I'm sure they put on a good performance, and I'm happy they lean toward classic rock these days.

I will embrace any young band that keeps the classic rock genre alive and well! And I really like these guys. Of course I may be a little biased because the lead singer's Dad is a friend of mine. (-:

Last edited:
They kinda remind me of Kings of Leon, although I usually hesitate to compare bands that way. No way are they soft rock, though. Heard them on 92.1 a couple times and I dig em.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT