ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield just lost himself the Heisman

No.
And he probably increased his draft status. Not to compare BM with Michael Jordan, but in spirit, that's exactly what I saw.

Can you imagine having to play MJ and knowing beforehand you're going to lose, and then disrespecting him before the game even starts? You're just asking for a double beat down. BM took it the same way.....personal. I'm sure he felt it even more personal after the cheap shot.

To be fair to Mayfield it couldn’t be easy getting shown up by Kansas. That would be like us scheduling William and Mary then they refused to shake our hands before kickoff. Pretty sure some would type the equivalent of what Mayfield said on here

giphy.gif

Exactly if you can do what shameist did I think he will be ok
It's all about the voters. The climate around the sport of football isn't the same this year as it was when shameist won it. If a certain percentage of the voters want to make a statement, it will hurt him. Win or lose, it's probably not a good year for a heisman contender to have "baggage."

Is this really an issue? Dude was fired up after taking it to a team that was being intentionally chippy and disrespectful. He was even on his own sideline and not in anyone’s face.

This is the kind of thing where the coach tells you to knock it off and makes you run after practice one day - not something that costs someone the Heisman.

What I don't understand, is that he got all worked playing 1-10 Kansas. Yes, I know their old rivals, but come on

He did stick his hand out at midfield and they left him hanging. That was kind of embarrassing. I saw the Kansas coach say his players' behavior was unacceptable. They will shake hands in the future.

And then there's this:

Heisman voters got it right. Hope Kansas player who hit him was ejected.

Hooray for Roku and utube. Did not record game live and could not find a replay on DTV. Now I get to watch without having to skip those annoying commercials.

On the field Mayfield probably deserved it. But in the list of things to consider when voting for this award, the word integrity is mentioned as a requirement. Apparently the voters have decided to avoid that directive these days.

You'vebeen trolling others on their wrong predictions today, too. Were you bullied as a child? You have actually been holding onto this for a month just so you could come back and shame someone. Get a freaking life, dude.
Never any fun when somebody holds us accountable for knee jerk over wrought internet posturing. He is being somewhat of of a jerk but you did say it, at least own up to it, before speculating about his childhood issues.

Reactions: Lowcountry1
Anybody who thought that little episode cost him the Heisman has just not been paying attention. When SCUM like "Famous Jameiusss" and Scam Newton win the award in landslide fashion... I think it is clear that the voters wouldn't even notice a crotch grab and some bad language when they hand it out to thiefs, cheaters and molesters..

Reactions: midline
You'vebeen trolling others on their wrong predictions today, too. Were you bullied as a child? You have actually been holding onto this for a month just so you could come back and shame someone. Get a freaking life, dude.

Nope...not holding on to anything.

It's called a memory and a serving of crow being due.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT