ADVERTISEMENT

Ballys Sports - Braves

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
For you local Braves fans, how are y’all watching without having Spectrucm, AT&T, or DirecTV? I see a streaming option is coming in 2022, which sucks but will be worth paying for. But tired of missing games.

My cable provider still carries it. But my 2yr controls the TV more than I get to. So I listen to most games through my phone.
I did get to watch Riley absolutely crush that grand slam last night. My boy fell asleep early. 😀

My cable provider still carries it. But my 2yr controls the TV more than I get to. So I listen to most games through my phone.
I did get to watch Riley absolutely crush that grand slam last night. My boy fell asleep early. 😀
Albies crushed one too. Always great to beat the Mets.

Reactions: TAV31
The only streaming option is AT&T Now (or whatever it's latest name is). At $90+ per month, I'm fine with missing the Braves.
it’ll be interesting to see what the price per month is for the Ballys Streaming App next year. I would do $10 a month. I hope it’s reasonable enough to fix this issue. But hoping they don’t do anything stupid. If I were going to do AT&T, I’d just switch providers all together, which I won’t do.

For you local Braves fans, how are y’all watching without having Spectrucm, AT&T, or DirecTV? I see a streaming option is coming in 2022, which sucks but will be worth paying for. But tired of missing games.

Truthfully I split an account with my in laws so they get streaming TV and I get the Braves and it cuts it down to $45 a month which isn’t as bad.

However it sucks balls. Early in the season a game got cut off for Carolina Hurricanes hockey in the 8th inning. Now when I cast it on my TV it goes back 30 minutes automatically. I can watch on my phone, but it’s a lot smaller but at least in real time.

Bally Sports has been like the Braves in 2021. Below average and disappointing.

Truthfully I split an account with my in laws so they get streaming TV and I get the Braves and it cuts it down to $45 a month which isn’t as bad.

However it sucks balls. Early in the season a game got cut off for Carolina Hurricanes hockey in the 8th inning. Now when I cast it on my TV it goes back 30 minutes automatically. I can watch on my phone, but it’s a lot smaller but at least in real time.

Bally Sports has been like the Braves in 2021. Below average and disappointing.
Yeah, I’m assuming they are hopeful to add a gambling side to all of this eventually but the fox stations were nice.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Yeah, I’m assuming they are hopeful to add a gambling side to all of this eventually but the fox stations were nice.
I have heard that and I’ll admit I’d be more intrigued with a gambling side of it. But heck it’s got to start with being able to watch the game in real time!

TMobile offers the MLB.tv package to customers for free. I’m no Braves fan but that’s how I watch my Yanks.

You’ll have to navigate around blackouts but that’s not difficult if you’re tech savvy.

TMobile offers the MLB.tv package to customers for free. I’m no Braves fan but that’s how I watch my Yanks.

You’ll have to navigate around blackouts but that’s not difficult if you’re tech savvy.
Man, I have sprint / T-Mobile. Just looked it up and you only have a few days to redeem. That was back in April. I really hate I missed that but will keep an eye out for it next year. Just watching other games all season would be awesome.

Reactions: JamesRob
Man, I have sprint / T-Mobile. Just looked it up and you only have a few days to redeem. That was back in April. I really hate I missed that but will keep an eye out for it next year. Just watching other games all season would be awesome.
Like the above poster said, you’d have to be tech savvy enough to navigate around the blackouts, otherwise MLBTV will be useless to you. It’s how they funnel everything through the local sports network to get you to subscribe.

Like the above poster said, you’d have to be tech savvy enough to navigate around the blackouts, otherwise MLBTV will be useless to you. It’s how they funnel everything through the local sports network to get you to subscribe.
Actually seems fairly easy to do. All that is required is a VPN to appear you are in a different location which unlocks the blacked out games. Completely legal too.

Reactions: JamesRob
I have AT&T Uverse and the Braves are on channel 1724 or 1729....every game

I actually tried the sportsurge site and did get the braves game to come up. The graphics were good.
You can scroll to the left through a bunch of different sources on there. The first one usually works really good for me (streameast). And you can choose the home or away feed. Alot of times, an ad will open up in a window over top of the feed when you first try. Just close that window and hit the play icon on the screen and you should be good. I was willing to buy a subscription to just about any service to watch the Braves this year, but there really aren't any options. A fellow Braves fan let me know about this, and this is how I have been watching them all season.

Last edited:
I just did this and HOLY S%@T!! THANK YOU!!! It took some fumbling around but I have them!
Sure thing. You may have to play with it a little to find a good feed on a particular night, but it beats not being able to watch the Braves at all. Sinclair and now Ballys has really made this year for Braves fans a PITA.

Reactions: msc1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT