ADVERTISEMENT

'Bama favored over Mighty Clemson

Vegas has Bama favored over the Mighty Number one Tater football team..
I trust Vegas more than a bunch of Sports writers..
Roll TIDE!!

i like being the Dog . As you know , the opening line has much more to do with attracting betting money on both sides of the game , than it does on who will win. The line will move based on trying to get a 50/50 split of betting dollars . If vegas gets a 50/50 split , they are thrilled because they will make their money no matter who wins . The “juice” is king for the bookies.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one closer to a pick’m before kick off.

i like being the Dog . As you know , the opening line has much more to do with attracting betting money on both sides of the game , than it does on who will win. The line will move based on trying to get a 50/50 split of betting dollars . If vegas gets a 50/50 split , they are thrilled because they will make their money no matter who wins . The “juice” is king for the bookies.

it does IN FACT have a basis on who Vegas thinks will win.. They want half to go with Bama and half go with the taters.. They think Michigan is gonna beat SC handily, so they try and get people to bet on SC by giving points, same scenario with Bama

it does IN FACT have a basis on who Vegas thinks will win.. They want half to go with Bama and half go with the taters.. They think Michigan is gonna beat SC handily, so they try and get people to bet on SC by giving points, same scenario with Bama

I would probably bet your entire house on Bama winning. That's definitely the best route here!

Yes, like they were last year...
ROLL TIDE BABY!!
giphy.gif

Per ESPN:

"Here is a familiar story line for Clemson: Alabama opens as a 1-point favorite. It's the eighth time the Tigers are an underdog in a bowl game under Dabo Swinney. In those previous seven games, Clemson is 6-1."

I trust Vegas more than Sportswriters.. Clemson played what 2 top of the 20 teams this year (Auburn and Miami)?? And they put them at #1?? Oh well, They are the defending champs, Until they get knocked off..

Bama only beat 1 team in the top 20 and they got the #4 spot without a division championship.

The big factor in this game is, there is no D Watson. Bama will Roll with Defense in this one, K Bryant is not Watson.

You are correct that this Clemson team is not near as good as last year's team. However, I think most would agree that this year's Alabama team is not near as good as last year either. Should be a good game.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
Why even speculate on this. Clemson is playing strong ball at this time and I can see them winning easily. I said I "CAN SEE" them winning easily, not that they would win.

Reactions: TigersWin66
Dabo a master of playing the no respect card to his players.
I had hoped Bama would have revenge and underdog mental advantages. But Vegas pulled one of them.

Saban cannot let them lose two years in a row. The OC situation was a mess last year. I am not sure if Clemson is that good or Miami that bad. Probably a bit of both can’t wait to see a rematch. Alabama is missing players but Clemson does not have Watson. Kelly has not had to pull the bunny out of his hat to win a game like Watson.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Why even speculate on this. Clemson is playing strong ball at this time and I can see them winning easily. I said I "CAN SEE" them winning easily, not that they would win.
Not me, Bama is gonna run the ball and control the clock.. They are supposed to get a couple backers back that were out for the Alban game

I was so glad its not Clemson vs Ohio State.

That would of been another Clemson blow out

Alabama needs its revenge, here is KSpace, acting as Nick Saban in a upcoming movie

tenor.gif

Roll TIDE!!
Well it IS a home game for them. First they squeak into the number 4 spot and then out of the final four teams they get to have a home game and have the least travel distance of all of them. How does THAT happen?

Alabama name alone is worth at least 5 points. Go back and look at how many times they covered the spread against "quality" opponents this year.

Well, I did. They lost against the spread against Auburn, Miss St, LSU. In fact they only covered against Mercer, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vandy, and FSU. So by my count, they covered Zero times against "quality" opponents, but I might give 1 against FSU- though that is debatable.

I was so glad its not Clemson vs Ohio State.

That would of been another Clemson blow out

Alabama needs its revenge, here is KSpace, acting as Nick Saban in a upcoming movie

tenor.gif

Nick Saban acting as a gay child molester? Wow.... just wow....

I trust Vegas more than Sportswriters.. Clemson played what 2 top of the 20 teams this year (Auburn and Miami)?? And they put them at #1?? Oh well, They are the defending champs, Until they get knocked off..
I will get pulled into your logic.... how many of the top 20 did Alabama play?

Roll TIDE!!
Bro you have been a member of this board for all these years, making all these posts, posing a s a gamecocks fan? What a sad life man. Troll on

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Tiger71
Well, I did. They lost against the spread against Auburn, Miss St, LSU. In fact they only covered against Mercer, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vandy, and FSU. So by my count, they covered Zero times against "quality" opponents, but I might give 1 against FSU- though that is debatable.
Exactly my point. Bama being a favorite has nothing to do with on the field results this year and more to do with the name Bama on the jersey.

I hate to say it but I think Clemson runs away with this game. I know the defense has had its share of injuries but what has bama showed on offense this year to make you think they can put up 28 on Clemson's defense because I think 28 is the magic number here. I'd say final score is something like 35-24.

Reactions: ClemTig86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT